Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State (1434 Views)

Free E-books On How To Start Snail Farming / Snail Farming Na Gold In 9ja, Revealed Live How To Start Snail Farming With Zero / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by amadasunfarm(m): 12:13am On Jun 20, 2020
My fellow farmers please how can I convert this build to a snail pen without destroying the foundation because I would like to continue with this project in the near future and all suggestion is welcome

Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by codedkode: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
do d German floor first. (dat will keep the structure intact for continue project)

u can den do wood work of the snail structure on the German floor
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by JaphOBMG(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
If you're not in haste and to save cost, instead of doing German floor, just reorganize the pit in a small portion/a room...build a structure suitable for snails using wood and mosquito net...fill with sterilized loamy soil(dark soul)...put sterilized plantain leaves..and stock up good pol snails from a reputable snail farm...

these items are easy to come by in Benin here or any area you're in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by amadasunfarm(m): 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
JaphOBMG:
If you're not in haste and to save cost, instead of doing German floor, just reorganize the pit in a small portion/a room...build a structure suitable for snails using wood and mosquito net...fill with sterilized loamy soil(dark soul)...put sterilized plantain leaves..and stock up good pol snails from a reputable snail farm...

thank you very much I appreciate your contribution

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by amadasunfarm(m): 10:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
JaphOBMG:

thank you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by amadasunfarm(m): 6:14am On Jun 27, 2020
JaphOBMG:

I am going to use the wood and the mosquito net for the petition as you suggested and the red line will be the wood

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by amadasunfarm(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
Please more suggestion is welcome
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by keeper303: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
JaphOBMG:

Please how do you sterelize loamy soil and plantain leaves
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by JaphOBMG(m): 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
keeper303:

Please how do you sterelize loamy soil and plantain leaves

you will place the soil in the pot-big pot or drum, then set fire beneath and make sure every part is hot to high degree that can kill pathogens...likewise the plantain leaves, get dried plantain leaves and fold them into a pot or large drum depending on the quantity you plan on using, cook or steam it to high degree, then use....take note these processes are to kill pathogens which might pose a threat to ur snails
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by JaphOBMG(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
amadasunfarm:
I am going to use the wood and the mosquito net for the petition as you suggested and the red line will be the wood

I believe you will do your partition on the surface and also had to add some pics from a source to show you how to sterile the soil and the pen layout

Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by keeper303: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
amadasunfarm:

Please share your process and progress as you go along so that others can benefit from your experience.
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by amadasunfarm(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
Good afternoon everyone please how do I go about the security of the snail farm
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by amadasunfarm(m): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2020
Places your suggestion is welcome
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by JaphOBMG(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
hmmnn...since there's no fence yet, based on how secure the area or community is, you can do wood works that can make u lock up wit padlocks
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by keeper303: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
keeper303:

Please share your process and progress as you go along so that others can benefit from your experience.
Re: I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State by keeper303: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2020
amadasunfarm:
Good afternoon everyone please how do I go about the security of the snail farm

Consider installing solar powered CCTV.

(1) (Reply)

My Dry Season Maize Farming / Step By Step To making millions in growing pineapple / Arces Of Land For Sale At Abeokuta....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.