Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Excel Tutorials: How To Calculate Percentage Increase And Decrease In Excel - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Excel Tutorials: How To Calculate Percentage Increase And Decrease In Excel (449 Views)

How To Increase And Reduce Windows Brightness / Excel Tutorials: How To Make A Result Sheet In Excel / Help , My PC Brightness Will Not Increase Nor Decrease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Excel Tutorials: How To Calculate Percentage Increase And Decrease In Excel by clintonty(m): 4:10am On Jun 20, 2020
Knowledge of how to use Microsoft Excel is much emphasized in recent times when new vacancies are posted in the area of Data and Office Management. Calculating percentage increase or decrease in yearly, monthly, weekly or daily data is what can be done smartly using the excel application.

Assuming we have a company having a profit of N1200 in the first year and N2,000 in the second year, that is an increment, while a profit of N1,800 in the third year is definitely a decrement. The percentage of the increase or decline goes a long way in making the right decision by the Company Management.
The procedure below simplifies the percentage increment.

The percentage change in profit from one year to another is calculated simply using the Excel formula bar by
1. Subtract the present year profit from the previous year
2. Divide the result by the previous year profit
3. Multiply the result by 100 and add a % symbol.

This link can also be of help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL84Y5wSPPU&t=47s
Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Fix My HP 15 Frame / Hp 820 Core I5 With Keyboard Light / /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.