Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs (29283 Views)

Osimhen Cleared By Doctors, Travels To Bouake To Join Team - Daily Post / Humble Sadio Mane Helps Offload Senegal Team Bus, Teammates Walk Off (Photos) / Inside Man U’s ₦176m Jet-like Team Bus With 24 Tvs, Kitchen, WI-FI And Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by ogbiwa: 6:28am On Jun 20, 2020
Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane said he is "sick to death" of David de Gea - and that the goalkeeper and captain Harry Maguire should be made to get a taxi back from Tottenham.

Keane, who won seven Premier League titles with United, ranted at half-time after Steven Bergwijn ran past Maguire and fired through De Gea to score.

"I wouldn't even let them on the bus after the match," he told Sky Sports.

"Get a taxi back to Manchester. They should hang their heads in shame."

Bergwijn easily beat England international Maguire for pace, and De Gea could not hold his powerful shot as Jose Mourinho's side took a half-time lead over his former club in Friday's Premier League match, which ended 1-1.

De Gea has made the joint-highest number of errors leading to a goal of any goalkeeper in the Premier League since August 2018 - seven - though Bergwijn's goal was not recorded as one.

Maguire, who United signed from Leicester for £80m last August, has not officially made an error leading to a goal this season.

"I'm shocked. I'm shocked at that goal," Keane said at the interval.

"I've watched a lot of football over the years and to give away that goal... I'm fuming.

"I can't believe that's Manchester United. Luke Shaw, heading the ball up in the air and then running forward... I am staggered at Maguire, how an international player can just get done like that - and I am sick to death of this goalkeeper.

"I would be fining him [De Gea] at half-time, there is no getting away from that. I would be swinging punches at that guy. That is a standard save for an established international goalkeeper.

"I am flabbergasted. Maguire and De Gea... I wouldn't even let them on the bus after the match. Get a taxi back to Manchester. Do your job. We're trying to get into the top four - never mind win trophies - shocking. I am disgusted. They should hang their heads in shame."

When asked about Keane's comments, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer replied: "Roy was a fantastic midfielder, a good friend of mine. I am not sure he would have stopped it."

'United have to make a goalkeeping decision'
Bruno Fernandes' second-half penalty earned United a point and reduced Keane's rage to a simmer.

"I'd maybe let them on the bus but make them sit down at the back," he said.

De Gea, 29, signed a new contract to stay with the club until 2023 last September but former Middlesbrough, Fulham, Chelsea and Leicester goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer believes his position could be under threat.

Dean Henderson, 23, has been outstanding on loan at Sheffield United for the past two seasons.

Will Dean Henderson be back at Manchester United next season?
"Over the past 18 months David de Gea has made a considerable amount of mistakes and that's not expected from a keeper at that level," Schwarzer told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"The demand for success is so high, and his standards haven't been at that level for some time.

"For a top, world-class keeper, the maximum number of mistakes leading to a goal shouldn't be more than two a season and he's clearly made more than that.

"It will come to a head, when you've got Dean Henderson playing so well at Sheffield United and he's made it clear he won't sit on the bench.

"Manchester United are going to make a decision, is Henderson good enough to take the number one shirt at United?

"He has the potential."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53087803

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by logon599: 6:29am On Jun 20, 2020
David De Gea has a lot of mistakes in him but in my opinion is still one of the best GKs in the world and he proved it immediately after the goal by making the save of the match, the kind of save no other keeper but De Gea would make. I'd still pick him if given the chance.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by anthonyuncle(m): 6:37am On Jun 20, 2020
seriously if na me, them go trekk back home

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 20, 2020
De gea stopped being De gea after that world cup..man destiny was change to that of Ikechukwu Ezenwa cry

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2020
Just a reminder that Kepa is Spain’s first choice goalkeeper over De Gea. grin

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:06am On Jun 20, 2020
This shouldn't make front page

1 Like

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Amotekun777: 7:07am On Jun 20, 2020
I would be fining him [De Gea] at half-time, there is no getting away from that. I would be swinging punches at that guy

This is exactly why Roy Keane can never be a successful manager. He can't even manage his own anger lest someone else's error. angry

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Sacchi1162(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2020
I hate the way they're pushing Man U to the top 4... Once u touch a player from Man U, he goes down and football is becoming boring. If they can't score goals from open play after first half, just expect penalties... I hate Man u

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by youngestgrad(m): 7:08am On Jun 20, 2020
David degea goalkeeping quality has gone way down.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Risingblue008(m): 7:08am On Jun 20, 2020
Abi?
Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by inoki247: 7:08am On Jun 20, 2020
Make e go enta Train den.. That's Akpeyi Spanish Version

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by sammysneh(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2020
Am a Man United fan, De gea mistakes are getting too much these days and he should be sold..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Roon9(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2020
Lmao! Roy Keane could care less about a man's feeling though.

Meanwhile, the ref really wanted to award that game to United. Shameless lots

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by paulolee(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2020
bad...keep saying that on a good day david is just a normal keeper and not dt highly rated like the epl and british media do loud it...david is full of costly blunders mostly in key matches, e.g messi weak right foot from outside in box in camp nou even got past him...but since he keeps saving man.u on a good day and it looks like he the best player in man.u thats keep singing his praise, david peak is way far behind him and he is just average to me...
as for dt defender, i said it before dt the guy is not that impressive and qualified to command such huge transfer bt thats the crazy transfer market for us because dt guy is way down d list of best defenders today
...lastly i understand the pains of roy keane but he should just forgive them because its their first match after a while and also if we want to go by what he said, it means dt david luiz deserved to still be in etihad cleaning the sits and wetting the grasses..

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by MightySparrow: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2020
Well, he has seven league titles to back his chartisement

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Ijaya123: 7:10am On Jun 20, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

It did already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by konkonbilo(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2020
smiley
Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by vibre: 7:10am On Jun 20, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Lol grin grin grin, post don already siddon for front page cross leg dey look you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by deepwater(f): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2020
So you all mean
All these nonsense rants about football has started again

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Bobbystanley(m): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2020
David De Gea is the most Overrated piece of Shit in the Goalkeeping World.Dude is error prone at all times apart from very few games he had good days.Only Manchester United Fans rate him high.

As for Harry Maguire,He's Just an English Danny Shittu who isn't worth £30 million on a normal day but because he's English and highly Overrated,a desperate club can spend any amount to buy shitty players.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by paulolee(m): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2020
logon599:
David De Gea has a lot of mistakes in him but in my opinion is still one of the best GKs in the world and he proved it immediately after the goal by making the save of the match, the kind of save no other keeper but De Gea would make. I'd still pick him if given the chance.
guy abeg no start, am getting sick of this best goalkeeper talk because assuming he is in Germany u wont be saying this, that guy flops too much and now seems overhyped to me...broke up with him and fell out of love for david after cr7 did an easy hattrick against him with Portugal, abi have u forgot that howler agains messi weak right foot in camp nou david is good but not one of ths best because that top seems crowed and thia guy daily blunders cant mk him be included against d ever serious ederson, alisson, oblak, stergen etc..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2020
TheRealProphet:
which Kepa? Same Arizabalaga? D flop of the century

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Kenneth10110(m): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2020
The same Maguire some of their fans his comparing with Van Djik. Man u fans just like fooling themselves they can even tell you Ighalo is better than Ronaldo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by IYANGBALI: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2020
Let's forgive him. To hear is woman, to forgive is design.

5 Likes

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Holamilekan97(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2020
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by HeadShot: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2020
TheRealProphet:

Hes Worse than de gea

3 Likes

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Holamilekan97(m): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2020
franciskaine:
which Kepa? Same Arizabalaga? D flop of the century

Kepa is the first choice alaye grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by HeadShot: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2020
IYANGBALI:
Let's forgive him. To hear is woman, to forgive is design.
undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by EdiskyHarry: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2020
Exactly
De gea will make good saves, but the kind goal dem go score ham, u will cry.
Re: Roy Keane Says De Gea And Maguire Shouldn't Join Team Bus After Drawing Spurs by Kingluqman(m): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2020
De Gea ti dagba!! Dey need to bench am small to receive sense grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FIFA U17WC: Meet Africa’s Four Representatives To Brazil / Full Stadium At Rangers Vs Heartland Match (Photos) / Emiliano Sala Buried In Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.