Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,836 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? (1329 Views)

I Want To Upgrade My Window 7 To Window 10. Will It Be Good For Me? / I Help Someone To Reformat His Pro-book 6560b Window 7, WIFI Not Working Anymore / Can Some Body Pls Help Me With Bluetooth On My Window 7 Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by HisExcellence(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2020
Good day Nairaland,

Have been looking for Core i7 laptop to handle my Programming and Graphics Design, but most of the Core i7 am seeing carry Window 7 Sticker on them.

So I asked my friend who's an engineer about it, he said most Laptops that's Core i7 with Window 7 Sticker on it are Old Laptop, that does laptop was produced a decade ago.

My questions are;

1. Can theses Core i7 with Window 7 Sticker handled what I want to use it for?

2. What he said, is it true?

3. What's the difference between Core i7 with Window 7 Sticker and Core i7 without any additional sticker?

4. What's the difference between Core i7 blue sticker and Core i7 black Sticker like the image below.

Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by phr33man(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2020
Here to learn
Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by Faithful007: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2020
The color and style of sticker identifies the processor generation. That sticker shows a 1st or 2nd generation processor.
Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by obiekunie2: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2020
Olachase:
it's surprise me at times how some people waste money on systems get the fact today corei3 will do the same work of corei7 what make it different is the operating system you are running all you see there is just case and design.

what did I even know pls check my signature

you know nothing sir.

the performance and resilience of core i7 is 75% more than that of core i3.

you will only notice the difference if you are a heavy duty computer user.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by HisExcellence(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2020
obiekunie2:

you know nothing sir.

the performance and resilience of core i7 is 75% more than that of core i3.

you will only notice the difference if you are a heavy duty computer user.

How will someone know the generation of a Processor, cause it's not all systems they wrote the generation of the processor.
Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by obiekunie2: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2020
HisExcellence:

How will someone know the generation of a Processor, cause it's not all systems they wrote the generation of the processor.

the number listed after the core (i) whatever.

for instance:

Intel® Core™ Processor i5-08510U. the Processor is 8th generation because the number 08 is listed after i5.

hope you get it.

edited: just saw this pic on google and it made it easier.

Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by Adewale1603(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
The windows logo and the sticker says a lot about the system. The windows logo signify the operating system that came, shipped with the laptop, some laptop shipped with windows vista, will have windows vista logo, windows 7, 8 and 10 will also have it own. And the sticker signifies the generation of processors, the stickers are different, a first generation processor sticker will be different from a second generation, and each within the generation, we have dual core processor for mobile, quad core for desktop and workstations, they usually signify with dark colours. And a core 2 duo stickers are also different. Recent generation processors are now signifying them on the laptop stickers.
Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by HisExcellence(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
obiekunie2:

the number listed after the core (i) whatever.

for instance:

Intel® Core™ Processor i5-08510U. the Processor is 8th generation because the number 08 is listed after i5.

hope you get it.

edited: just saw this pic on google and it made it easier.

15.6” screen size
Core I7-6500U 2.5Ghz processor
8GB RAM
500GB HDD
Backlit keyboard

For this Spec now, it's Core i7, 6th generation?
Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by obiekunie2: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
HisExcellence:

15.6” screen size
Core I7-6500U 2.5Ghz processor
8GB RAM
500GB HDD
Backlit keyboard

For this Spec now, it's Core i7, 6th generation?
yep!
Re: What's The Difference Between Core I7 With Window 7 Sticker? by maxjax(m): 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Olachase:
it's surprise me at times how some people waste money on systems get the fact today corei3 will do the same work of corei7 what make it different is the operating system you are running all you see there is just case and design.

what did I even know pls check my signature

hahahaha uncle kazeem weldone o

(1) (Reply)

Mint Macbook Air 2015 And 2017 SOLD SOLD SOLD / Hp Elitebook 840 G3 Core I5 16GB Touchscreen / Jobs For Solaris Engr: Go To: Michael Craig Consulting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.