Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Nigerian Billionaire, Obinwanne Okeke Sentence To 20yrs Imprisonment For Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Billionaire, Obinwanne Okeke Sentence To 20yrs Imprisonment For Fraud (567 Views)

Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud / Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Billionaire, Obinwanne Okeke Sentence To 20yrs Imprisonment For Fraud by veroupdate(f): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2020
When King Solomon exclaimed that "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity", he had tested and seen all there is in life.

No wonder he said in Proverbs 30:7-9 "Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain"

Obinwanne Okeke was a celebrity and respected young Nigerian businessman. He was also listed in Forbes magazine as Africa's 30 under 30 couple of years ago. The owner of Invictus Group, he was always seen inspiring young people and giving TED talks. No one ever thought or suspected that he was into internet fraud, especially given that he doesn't live flamboyantly and dresses quite responsibly.

However, luck ran out on him and his pretentious lifestyle was blown when he was arrested in the United States last year for crimes involving fraud. He has since been on trial in the US and finally, pleaded guilty to a staggering $11 million (N4.2 billion) fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O94Bbs0K36w

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire, Obinwanne Okeke Sentence To 20yrs Imprisonment For Fraud by chiefboomite204(f): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2020
Good for him
Re: Nigerian Billionaire, Obinwanne Okeke Sentence To 20yrs Imprisonment For Fraud by Xisnin(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2020
Fake news.
He has not been sentenced.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire, Obinwanne Okeke Sentence To 20yrs Imprisonment For Fraud by PrinxArthur1(m): 10:38am On Jun 20, 2020
hmm he will be released in 2040

(1) (Reply)

Feds Find $1.2 Mil In Hidden Bank Account Controlled By R. Kelly / How Do I Report An Account I Transfered Fund To Knowingly, But Was Scammed? / Portharcourt: The Full Story Of The “crazy” Endsars Protester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.