Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu (10292 Views)

Issa-Onilu: PDP Not Happy Because They Won't Share Abacha's Loot As Usual / Court Blocks APC From Appointing Ajimobi, Issa-Onilu, Few Hours To NEC Meeting / What Ogun Governor Did Was Self-help – APC’s Issa-Onilu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by madamgrace: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2020
The attention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been drawn to an Exparte Order allegedly granted in favor of Victor Giadom per MOTION NO: FCT/HC/M/6447/2020.

We wish to inform the general public that none of the four defendants named on the said process were served with the Originating Processes in the Suit and as a result the Party became aware of the existence of such an Order on June 17, 2020 through its circulation on social media.

A cursory look at the said Order will reveal that it was granted on March 16, 2020 to fill a purportedly vacant office of National Chairman ahead of a National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting which turned out to have been convened in contravention of the APC Constitution.

To begin with, Justice Liman of the Federal High Court had on March 13, 2020, in the case of HON. TUNDE BALOGUN V ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (SUIT NO. FHC/L/CS/414/2020 affirmed the appointment of Sen. Abiola Ajimobi as Acting Deputy National Chairman (South) by the APC National Working Committee (NWC) and directed as follows;

“3. That an Order of Interim Injunction is granted restraining the Defendant either by itself or its servants, agents, privies, assigns, officers or officials or otherwise howsoever from ignoring or refusing to recognize Waziri Bulama as Ag. National Secretary, Senator Abiola Ajimobi as Ag. Deputy National Chairman (South) and Paul Chukwuma as Ag. National Auditor of the Defendant pending the determination of the Motion on Notice for Interlocutory Injunction herein”.

In furtherance of the above and complying with Article 14.2 (iii) of the APC Constitution, Sen. Ajimobi assumed the position of acting National Chairman on March 13, 2020. Article 14.2 (iii) provides: “The Deputy National Chairman shall act as National Chairman in the absence of the National Chairman from his zone”.

In essence, there was no vacancy to fill on the said March 16, 2020 as Sen. Ajimobi had already assumed the role of Acting National Chairman.

More instructively, the said Order by the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory was also made after the Court of Appeal had already granted an Interim Stay of Execution of the Order of the High Court suspending the National Chairman. In ADAMS ALIYU OSHIOMHOLE & ANOR V COMRADE MUSTAPHA SALIU & ORS (CA/A/187/2020) the Court of Appeal held thus;

“1. An Order of Stay of Execution of the Ruling of the FCT High Court in Suit No: FCT/HC/CV/837/2020 delivered on 4th March, 2020 is granted pending the determination of the Motion on Notice which is now slated for hearing on 20th of March, 2020

2. An Order of Injunction is granted restraining the Respondents themselves, their agents, privies and/or officers jointly or severally from proceeding to take any further steps to give effect to the said ruling”.

The Court of Appeal is of course a higher Court in the hierarchy of Courts and without prejudice to Sen. Ajimobi’s role as Acting National Chairman, by its decision and the operation of law, there was indeed no vacancy to fill necessitating the said Order. It will interest the public to note that it is the same Exparte Order of March 16, 2020 granted in the face of the pending Orders of both the Federal High Court and Court of Appeal that is being alleged by Victor Giadom to be extended by the FCT High Court.

Worthy of note is the fact that the said Exparte Order was granted pursuant to the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory Civil Procedure Rules 2018. Order 43 Rules 3(2) and (3) of thereof provides:

“(2) An Order of Injunction made upon an application ex-parte shall abate after 7 days”.

(3) The court may upon application extend the effective period of an ex-parte if he satisfied that the motion on notice has been served and that such extension is necessary in the interest of justice or to prevent an irreparable or serious mischief. The application for such an extension shall be made before abatement of the order and the extension shall not be for a period exceeding seven (7) days from the day the extension is granted”.

The above provision clearly indicates that the said Exparte Order granted on March 16, 2020 expired on March 23, 2020. We have no information that it was ever extended and even if that was the case, the said extension would have expired on March 30, 2020. In other words, his current claim to the Chairmanship of the APC is not founded on any law but instead on impunity.

It is necessary to also restate that the said Order was specifically targeted at the purported National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting scheduled for March 17, 2020. It is on record that the said meeting was convened in violation of Article 25(B) of the APC Constitution and as a result it was never held on the fixed date. Once the specific event targeted by the Order had passed, there is no premise upon which to insist on the pendency of such an Order.

On the basis of the above analysis, we wish to restate that none of the defendants in the alleged suit where the said Exparte Order was obtained has been served with any process of Court. This includes copies of the Order itself as well as that alleged extension of same Order yesterday, June 18, 2020 which has been circulating on social media. Perhaps, the Orders are intended for use only on social media.

We assure our teeming members that the APC has no leadership vacuum. By the Constitution of the Party, Sen. Ajimobi has assumed the role of National Chairman following the decision of the Court of Appeal upholding the interlocutory injunction suspending the National Chairman from office. A majority of members of the NWC are determined to preserve our Party’s zero tolerance for impunity and will continue to uphold the law in fulfillment of the mandate given to us by members of our great Party.

SIGNED:
Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu
National Publicity Secretary
All Progressives Congress (APC)

https://www.inform.ng/post/no-leadership-vacuum-in-apc-issa-onilu

8 Likes

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by IlovePMB: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2020
APC is dead and buried

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by israelmao(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
Even no crisis as usual.The Bullion Van Master is just observing now he will speak soonest.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Joefat: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
Before nko.. dead meat party.. space for sale..

5 Likes

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by LexngtonSteele: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
grin
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Slawormir: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

I nor go fit read this article
This one nor be laziness at all

ospido:

Otemwen.
Kóyo.
Obavan( good afternoon). Eguae tuor! ( Greetings from the ancient city of Benin where the king is truely king)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by jlinkd78(m): 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Like seriously
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by gurunlocker: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
RIP APC grin grin grin

2014-2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
APC, PDP, ANPP, all of them are mad
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Conductor261: 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
embarassed says our illegal spokesman

1 Like

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by boookworm: 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
V
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by muykem: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
I love Amechi but he need to be very careful at this point. The event nowadays is pointing to the fact that he is gradually losing APC mainstream to Magnus Abe.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Mavrick2012: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
One of the things i liked about APC, in 2015,was it's stance against godfatherism.
But, today.........

2 Likes

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by ItswellMike: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Another press statement
Enjoying the drama

1 Like

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Validated: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Giadom is holding APC balls. He can crush it anytime. I dont know why the NWC decided to disturb Obaseki. This matter was already settled with the court of appeal reinstatement of Oshomole. But some greedy frog eyes wanted to stretch their luck, thinking they can pull another Ambode scenario. Unfortunately, EDO IS NOT LAGOS gringrin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Inception100: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
lol, Na them sabi
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by XXLMANDIGO: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Issa-Onliu can be literally broken down as Is (a) . the other s is almost insignificant like the P in Psychology. Onilu means Drummer in Yoruba language, and drumming is part of publicity which his office confers on him.

So by dint of fate ၏ destiny he will the Drummer that will play to the Macabre Dance and the beat shall be the death knell ၏ the debacle of the confused party.

R.I.P APC!!!

2014-2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by ospido: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Otemwen.

Kóyo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Ekpekaycee: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
The law is as it is and not as you want it.
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by chiiraq802(m): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
When I wake up no be by my Power o....

Oluwa lo kuku so wa o...

I go down on my knees and I thank God oo....

APC die die die die!!!! APC die die die!!!!!

grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by BERNIMOORE: 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
You issa onilu Assumed that you don't have leadership vacuum (Empty chestbeating..) after a subsisting appeal order suspending oshiomole has not been Vacated..common.. You sound like a broken chord..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Someone is confused
First paragraph:
The attention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been drawn to an Exparte Order allegedly granted in favor of Victor Giadom per MOTION NO: FCT/HC/M/6447/2020.

Last paragraph:

We assure our teeming members that the APC has no leadership vacuum. By the Constitution of the Party, Sen. Ajimobi has assumed the role of National Chairman following...

I feel this Giadom guy is being sponsored by 'you know who' to destabilize the party. I won't call his name
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by seunmsg(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
“(2) An Order of Injunction made upon an application ex-parte shall abate after 7 days”.

(3) The court may upon application extend the effective period of an ex-parte if he satisfied that the motion on notice has been served and that such extension is necessary in the interest of justice or to prevent an irreparable or serious mischief. The application for such an extension shall be made before abatement of the order and the extension shall not be for a period exceeding seven (7) days from the day the extension is granted”

The above is as clear as daylight. Giadom or whatever they call him is just a social media national chairman. He has no valid claim to the seat. Ajimobi remains the acting national chairman of APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Dpharisee: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
Oily soup Muslims be giving press releases from their parlours while Giadom is sitting in APC secretariat as Acting Chairman. We told them Edo people are not cowards like Ambode they refused to listen.
You do anyhow in Edo you see anyhow, they don't answer heartbeat of the nation for nothing.

This Taqqiyaring Lanre guy has stopped using the name of Ajimobi to give fake News press releases. Even Hilliard Etta is quiet to avoid contempt of court but this Tinubu led fraudsters are still using his name as standing in for Ajimobi who is on life support.
Even Felix of BBQGRILLS has gone into hiding because he doesn't know who to defend as darling party chairman grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by LudaChriz(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
Story!

Gaidom is our National Chairman!

Tinubu can kiss his 2023 ambition goodbye

6 Likes

Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Salvador1: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
muykem:
I love Amechi but he need to be very careful at this point. The event nowadays is pointing to the fact that he is gradually losing APC mainstream to Magnus Abe.
I see him reconciling with wike to fight the Abe.

Remember politics is a game of interest
Re: No Leadership Vacuum In APC, Issa-onilu by Salvador1: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
chiiraq802:
When I wake up no be by my Power o....

Oluwa lo kuku so wa o...

I go down on my knees and I thank God oo....

APC die die die die!!!! APC die die die!!!!!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amid Fuel Scarcity, Group Picks APC Presidential Forms For Timipre Sylva / This Joke Tells The Exact Positions Of The Yorubas And Ibos Towards One Nijeriya / Buhari Receives Booster Dose Of COVID Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.