Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church (45220 Views)

Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video) / Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by rapid101(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

A Marriage needs to be Blessed! Someone who stands as a Representative of GOD needs to Bless the Marriage. E.g Pastor, priest, etc

GOD ALMIGHTY in the Beginning Blessed Adam and Eve..

Gen 1:28..

The Blessings spoken to a couple is important!

All the other things are not really important!
honestly u re lost
from all d nonsense u keep spilling here honestly u need deliverance

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by gaventa: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
So should the African part in us be ignored because we have chosen Christianity?[ We should embrace the European style of marriage because they taught us chritianity ( whch does not have a style for marriage)
doitforyou:
Personally, the ‘real’ marriage for me is a civil one not traditional or religious. However, I am not going to begrudge or judge Christians on how they wish to practice their faith.

For those citing Jesus at a wedding, Christianity didn’t exist then, Jesus participated in Jewish customs and attended a wedding ceremony that was probably Jewish.

Each religion have their way of joining two couples and those that practice said faith should be allowed to follow such practices without judgement.

I know for Catholics, a priest blessing your marriage is important, it’s one of the sacraments a Catholic observes while they’re on earth, the last one is death.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by jamesharryson(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

And if your father is not a Godly person, what do you do? Or u just wanna talk?
Guy, are you high? If my father is not a godly person, he will bless me in the ungodly way! God will still make his words stand firm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Righteousness89(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
stayclearofme:

Please what of the blessings given by the parents and family during traditional wedding? Must blessings come from only pastor?

My Brother, if you have Godly parents you are good to go. But we respect the fact that the pastor or priest is an office designated for things like that!
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by greypencils: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
roteblomen:

What does alaga iduro and Ijoko mean please ?
Stand chairman and seat down chairman cheesy shocked
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
stayclearofme:

Please what of the blessings given by the parents and family during traditional wedding? Must blessings come from only pastor?

Even the blessings given by parents don't amount to much as far as marriage is concerned.

We like to believe that ordinary human beings have power to bless and to curse, with that is not according to scripture either.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Righteousness89(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
jamesharryson:

Guy, are you high? If my father is not a godly person, he will bless me in the ungodly way! God will still make his words stand firm.
Ok
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by jamesharryson(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother, if you have Godly parents you are good to go. But we respect the fact that the pastor or priest is an office designated for things like that!

Who designated it? Stop all these bro

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by edidiongmichael(m): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

A Marriage needs to be Blessed! Someone who stands as a Representative of GOD needs to Bless the Marriage. E.g Pastor, priest, etc

You don go do God work now. God tell you make you go busy body bless person pikin? So God no fit dey heaven send down blessings? Adam and Even been go heaven go collect the blessings abi God come down come waka for leg touch their head to bless?

Leave those couples alone. Allow them marry in peace. Stop una marriage sermons wey dey go spoil person marriage. Allow them be please!!
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by PayCircle: 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
Marriage is honourable.

Check my signature to get your USA phone number

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by blessed2share: 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

Who "blessed" Isaac's marriage? Who blessed Jacob's marriage? Moses' marriage nko? Who blessed Ruth's marriage to Boaz? We may not read about some of David's marriage but who blessed his marriages to Abigail (Nabal's widow) or to Bathsheba?

I'm not a fan of Reno but this one is very true. Only God can deliver us from this man-made yoke.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by dokie: 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
Xavfra:

Please can you keep quiet.....

Your types are the ones who wouldn't let Africa rise....

Is it Christianity that is stopping Africa from rising? If anything, Christianity brought light to africa. Most of our forebearers were exposed to schools brought to us by the missionaries. Same as hospitals. My father was educated because of the missionaries. Christianity still holds a central place in most European and american nations till date. America as a nation was built on strong christian ethics. Till this day their dollar carries "in God we trust". The Arabs are doing great today. They are more religious than afticans by a mile. Is their any African nation more religious than Saudi Arabia? Is their any African nation as developed as Saudi Arabia?

Please, Africa's problem is not Christianity or religion. It is Africans. If Christianity had not come to Africa, we would still be killing ourselves in sacrifice to worthless deities.

If you don't like religion or Christianity, fine. But don't ever say that religion is the bane of Africa.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by frozen70(f): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
gbaskiboy:
Mr Reno Omokri the former aide to ex- president GoodLuck Jonathan. I always follow his daily nuggets on facebook and on twitter. Bbut i found this one so interesting. Fellow nairalands what do you think about his post about wedding?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221928792306229&id=1152008079

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221929878893393&id=1152008079

But he did all that with his wife, let him reverse the ones he did before we can accept them his message
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by SweetCunt97(f): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
FahBuLous:
Dad, Mum and Friends in the house....
I'm in need of a job, I want a job to do so that I can save money for my Web designing training, the one I'm doing is paying me for 5k a month... Pls help....
I stay at ASABA and I live alone, how do I survive with this kind of salary?
My number is Zero Eight Zero Eight Nine Nine One Five Two Zero Seven....
Thanks in advance and God bless you...
Go submit ur cv at retail stores in that asaba mall, u may get lucky
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by benardtotti(m): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
So did the bible tell you Jesus prayed before performing the miracle at cana, your problem is you are too full of your self righteousness and wisdom you need to check yourself and your spiritual growth,you have a very long way to go, all the time you spend on Nairaland posting pious statements, I suggest you spend it studying your scriptures better , Jesus did not pray at the wedding before performing a miracle. You even went on to say Jesus wont have attended the wedding if the couple were godless, you are a Stark bible illiterate ! Jesus was called a drunkard and a lover of godless people cos he was always hanging out with tax collectors , prostitutes and co, I have said it several times modern day Christian's would kill Jesus if he were to have existed during this era .

Righteousness89:

That's what you know!

JESUS Christ will not be there if the couples where godless people..

Everywhere JESUS performed Miracles it began with Prayers. Common sense should tell u that!

You need the Blessing of a God Representative!

If your parents are Believers , Wonderful!

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by frankmoney(m): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
He's actually right
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

Most of your writing shows you preach righteousness and you know the scripture, but this write up is kind of giving you away, hope you ain't among those who try to cover up the true when it comes to some practices in church that are not in line with God's word..... Know it today no blessing is equal or higher than a parent blessings in marriage except God's.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by omooba969(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
[s]
Righteousness89:

That's what you know!

Everywhere JESUS performed Miracles it began with Prayers. Common sense should tell u that!

[/s]

You're not making any sense and you're too dogmatic with your beliefs.

Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by piehorse: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
ceeceeuwa:

The pastor should be invited to do the blessing on the traditional marriage after the rites. After that, all men to your abode! We should stop duplicating things. Even the white people don't do traditional marriage rites.

What's you guys obsession with pastors.
Marriage is strictly families business not religion at all.
It's a shame it's more of the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by lexy2014: 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

That's what you know!

Show us were Jesus blessed d wedding he attended. Pls tell us d fate of those who did only traditional wedding. When parents bless their children at a wedding, are they doing it as representative of d devil?

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Karlifate: 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

If you have Godly parents ! You say that!

The pastor/ priest is an office Ordained by GOD just like the levites of old.

That's that official duty!
Give me scriptural references of where only levites blessed a wedding in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by lexy2014: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
ceeceeuwa:

The pastor should be invited to do the blessing on the traditional marriage after the rites. After that, all men to your abode! We should stop duplicating things. Even the white people don't do traditional marriage rites.

White people do traditional wedding rites. Its d white mans traditional wedding that we in Africa have adopted as "white wedding" and d right way to marry
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Freeeanijor: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro this is a sensitive topic, Reno is not wrong in his assertion. Pastor and priest displaced parents from there traditional role in joining there children in marital union. The apostles and discipline of Christ never joined anybody in marriage, they were engrossed in gospel proclamation of Christ. The truth is as far as the said parents brought children to the world, it's there responsibility to bless there union whether they are (in your words) "Godly parents" or not. Infact by mere performing this act they can be pronounced "Godly" because they've performed the will of God. Don't judge anybody, you don't have the standard for Godliness.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Righteousness89(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Karlifate:

Give me scriptural references of where only levites blessed a wedding in the Bible.

The fact is that if you choose to Blind your eyes to truth you won't see anything.

The office of a levite stands between the people and GOD. That's official! Go read your bible!

GOD is Orderly! You don't do what you think or what you like if you need GOD..
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Okiibe(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
gbaskiboy:
Mr Reno Omokri the former aide to ex- president GoodLuck Jonathan. I always follow his daily nuggets on facebook and on twitter. Bbut i found this one so interesting. Fellow nairalands what do you think about his post about wedding?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221928792306229&id=1152008079 up

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221929878893393&id=1152008079

Reno cannot be more correct in any other matter than he is on this
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by alBHAGDADI: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Empiree:
POINT OF CORRECTION:

They brainwashed African Christians.

Not Africans

Muslims have their simple scriptural recommended nikkah which majority still follow.

Empiree my gee. How is the urine business?

So, you mean nikkah that African Muslims do, it wasn't imported from Arab but from Sokoto? grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Karlifate: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
sassysure:

Tell them.

Some even prefer the blessing of pastors to that of parents or family members.

I call them Abuja wedding.
It's good to admire someone BUT the way Nigerians, especially women hero-worship pastors is just TOO much.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Prymestrr(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
gbaskiboy:
Those Alaga iduro and ijoko they are so annoying with the way they extort money from people. grin
What is Alaga iduro and ijoko please?
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Karlifate: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
sassysure:

Tell them.

Some even prefer the blessing of pastors to that of parents or family members.

I call them Abuja wedding.
Abi o...
Though it's good to admire someone BUT the way Nigerians, especially women, hero-worship pastors is just too much.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by saxy4c(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
You do realize you just equated God blessing all of mankind to same thing as a priest blessing a couple right?
Oga,the Bible emphasizes the blessings of a couple's parents more than any man of the ministry. The pastors roles are man made and religious rites introduced by religion. That is why they must always ask of the consent of parents before they proceed?
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by saxy4c(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
Gbam!!!
Amotolongbo:
The representatives of God in a wedding are the parents of the couple, not anyone called Pastor, priest et al.

No blessing is greater than the parents’ blessings.

God was the father of Adam and blessed them himself, going by your analogy. He didn’t call on any angel to come as his representative to bless them
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
dokie:

Is it Christianity that is stopping Africa from rising? If anything, Christianity brought light to africa. Most of our forebearers were exposed to schools brought to us by the missionaries. Same as hospitals. My father was educated because of the missionaries. Christianity still holds a central place in most European and american nations till date. America as a nation was built on strong christian ethics. Till this day their dollar carries "in God we trust". The Arabs are doing great today. They are more religious than afticans by a mile. Is their any African nation more religious than Saudi Arabia? Is their any African nation as developed as Saudi Arabia?

Please, Africa's problem is not Christianity or religion. It is Africans. If Christianity had not come to Africa, we would still be killing ourselves in sacrifice to worthless deities.

If you don't like religion or Christianity, fine. But don't ever say that religion is the bane of Africa.

I like your style bro.....nice one...... you've got great religious tolerance grin

But back to it, there was this Yoruba justice that said just like every other institution, religion can be hijacked by men......

Those Arabs have used their religion to help themselves just like the Europeans and Americans (USA) helped themselves by using blacks to build their today's wealth and other monuments......

Sorry but I've forgotten some parts of what I wanted to say, keep the conversation going I might remember....

Good evening... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Instagram Is Run By Anti-christs [see Photos] / Sexual Immorality Is Forbidden I / Apostle Tomi Arayomi And His Wife Tahmar Arrested By DSS, Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.