Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Jamie Foxx To Star As Mike Tyson In Film As He Shows Off Physique - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jamie Foxx To Star As Mike Tyson In Film As He Shows Off Physique (897 Views)

Ronaldo Flaunts His Body Physique In Manchester Sun (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight / Anthony Joshua Trains Hard, Flaunts Amazing Physique Ahead Of Andy Ruiz Rematch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamie Foxx To Star As Mike Tyson In Film As He Shows Off Physique by gistsmill04: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mike Tyson will be played by Jamie Foxx in a film about the boxing icon’s career, the Hollywood star has confirmed.

Recall Iron Mike has recently hit the headlines after announcing his plans to make a comeback to the ring in an exhibition fight.

Jamie Foxx who won an Oscar in 2005 for his portrayal of blind musician Ray Charles hopes to share Tyson’s life story, saying production for the biopic film is in the works.

When asked about the film, Foxx said during an Instagram Live: “It’s a definitive yes.

“Doing biographies is a tough thing. Sometimes it takes 20 years to get them done, but we officially got the real ball rolling.

“I met Mike Tyson in the weirdest way, I was on stage doing stand-up years ago [aged 22]. I get to my Mike Tyson joke and nobody claps, nobody laughs. You know why? Because Mike Tyson was watching.

“So I started hanging out with Mike Tyson so I got to see Mike in two different ways, two different lives.

“I saw him at the height of his career and then when things got bad, things got bumpy, I also saw him as well, so what I’m excited about the movie is to show those moments of the different Mike.

“That’s the person we want to show.”

Tyson, 53, was known as the Baddest Man on the Planet, he became the youngest ever heavyweight world champion aged 20.

He later cemented his position as one of the greatest ever by becoming world undisputed champion.

There have been plenty of controversial moments in his life, including the time he bit the ear of old rival Evander Holyfield in 1997.

Foxx, 52, further added: “We want to show everybody evolves. Everybody comes from a good or bad place and I think when we lay the layers on Mike Tyson in this story, I think everybody from young and old will be able to understand this man’s journey and the way we’ll place it.”

Source; https://theupdates.net/jamie-foxx-to-star-as-mike-tyson-in-film-as-he-shows-off-physique/

Re: Jamie Foxx To Star As Mike Tyson In Film As He Shows Off Physique by Bluezy13(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Django don get muscles overnight...
Re: Jamie Foxx To Star As Mike Tyson In Film As He Shows Off Physique by meobizy(f): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2020
Oh please, not this coon. There are many young black actors. Why this guy? There are also many Tyson biopics so which official number is this one?
Re: Jamie Foxx To Star As Mike Tyson In Film As He Shows Off Physique by paulolee(m): 9:57am On Jun 21, 2020
longest time..

(1) (Reply)

Secret Of Bet9ja Zoom / ‘why Messi Is Struggling In Ligue 1’ – Arsenal Legend Henry / Mike Tyson: One Guy Messed With Me In Prison, And I Even Got A Girl Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.