Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow (66800 Views)

US-Based Nigerian Nurse Captures The Solar Eclipse / Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Rare 'Ring Of Fire' Solar Eclipse To Take Place On June 10 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by lereinter(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
The day was bright at after 7pm
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by wondercounselor(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
Who does da help. Mtcheeew
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by FahBuLous: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR WIFE AFTER I CUM IN HER MOUTH.
. God have mercy on u

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
Wanted to pour. water on my basin and place it outside to watch the eclipse been t so sad it won't be. visible in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by ecomalchemist(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Waiting for our daddy @Righteous
To come and spew bibilical jargon

Waiting for slawomir to reply with DAMNN NIGGARRR !!

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kennydoc:
...and the shortest day of the year in the southern hemisphere...

My bad. I actually added this part but mistakenly removed it during editing.

I did mention that today will mark the beginning of Winter in the southern hemisphere though. Nigeria is just north of the equator, which effectively puts us in the northern hemisphere.

Thank you very much for this.

3 Likes

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by pstar234(m): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
Albert0011:
Nothing special about today...today was more faster than previous days self.
today was fast ehee
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
Glory to God in the highest

check my signature please am a builder
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Ishilove: 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Dusk came earlier than usual today because of the rains (as early as 6pm) so this article no follow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Imefawulo(m): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
what a coincidence i was just researching about the solstice today after seeing an indian Movie titled "Malang"...Happy Solstice.
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by prosper87: 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
I can't wait for the Eclipse
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by liveyourlife007(m): 10:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
light099:
And this year is the longest year of this 21st Century and 3rd Millennium.

YEAR 2020 SO FAR
Solar Eclipse, Leap year, Twin year, rumoured for World War III, CoronaVirus pandemic, strange deaths of celebrities/top guys, massive deaths worldwide, worldwide lockdown, impeachment trial for Donald Trump, funny Liverpool EPL coincidence, invincible Hushpuppi finally arrested, SpaceX's first astronaut launch, UK finally pulled out of EU, and many other events.

Abule-Ado explosion, Akure explosion, Edo explosion, Fire outbreaks. The list goes on

And now, a Solar Eclipse wanna wrap up the first half of the year.
Brace yourself folks, it's just six months gone, more actions coming in the second half.
The name of the movie is 2020, and it's action packed.
rape and murder in churches, cases of suicide on the rise...
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Goalnaldo(m): 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
No wonder! Was wondering why there was sun during Getafe vs Eibar match @ 7:30 pm!

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by helpfindbolu: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by JubrinElSudan: 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

AND THEN? WHAT MUST I DO? SHOULD I RUN AND GO SHOOT MY HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH?
Guy how far grin
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by olaadenigeria(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
I fear oo. That God it is not signifying The end of the world. At least I will witness Edo Election Igihagah ecliptic saga.
SharonLoveth:
"The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up, being afraid that it might be the Hour (Day of Judgment). He went to the Mosque and offered a with the longest Qiyam, bowing and prostration that I had ever seen him doing. Then he said, 'These signs which Allah sends do not occur because of the life or death of somebody, but makes His worshipers afraid by them. So, when you see anything thereof, proceed to remember Allah, invoke Him, and ask for His forgiveness.'"

(Bukhari 2:167)
I fear oo. That God it is not signifying The end of the world. At least I will witness Edo Election Igihagah ecliptic saga.

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by jubrilELsudan: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
Guy how far grin

THIS IS PREPESTEROUS.

AN ABOMINATION IN THE HIGHEST KUKUNASE ORDER.

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Astronott(m): 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
How to engage your audience through collaboration.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=kr3tkS84-2w
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Avoidsexxx(m): 12:08am On Jun 21, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Waiting for our daddy @Righteous
To come and spew bibilical jargon

Ndigbo siri na "osu ji sujusia ukwu na onye nwe nri puta oburu nri ya"(i'm not going to kowara gi the proverb,let ur scientic brain do dat)
GOD IS THE ONLY OWNER OF THIS WORLD Because he is the creator of it. science may na zuzu ka o masiri ha mana so chukwu ma echi. Nothing may or may nt happen tomorrow. Forget all dis science's' and there lies.( i attacked u b'cos u used jargon nxt to the bible. How dare you mortal )
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by roladex(f): 12:08am On Jun 21, 2020
How can today be the longest day of the year when the days in the year have not ended
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by CanadaOrBust: 12:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Kennydoc:

You tried, but a little correction is that summer solstice is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere and the shortest day of the year in the southern hemisphere. The reverse will be the case on Winter Solstice on December 21st.
In terms of midnight sun, that happens for 6 months (from March 21st to September 23rd) in the North Pole. In the Arctic Circle, it will only happen on Summer Solstice. shoodboi

No, he didn’t try at all. Writing on a topic he knows little about. I don’t know how Lalasticlala and other mods can put such misinformation on front page!
Shows how much scientific ignorance is on Nairaland.

** Close to the equator (Nigeria) the days are about same length all year round.

** summer solstice (or June solstice) is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere and the shortest day of the year in the southern hemisphere

**Winter solstice (or December solstice) is the longest day of the year in the Southern hemisphere and the shortest day of the year in the Nothern hemisphere

** There’d be 24hr daylight only at the arctic circle, while Antarctica will experience 24hr darkness. Reverse is the case on December solstice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by blazingblender(m): 12:35am On Jun 21, 2020
if u have ever witnessed an eclipse please like if not jxt share

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by naptu2: 12:52am On Jun 21, 2020
Ishilove:
Dusk came earlier than usual today because of the rains (as early as 6pm) so this article no follow.

Today is the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, but we are too close to the equator for it to matter much (it's more significant to countries that are closer to the North Pole and in some places the sun might shine for 24 hours). In fact, because of the fact that we are in the tropics, there are actually 2 days that can be counted as the longest days, but it's not that significant because the difference isn't much.

The Summer Solstice is the day when a particular part of the earth is tilted closest to the sun, that's why they say it's the longest day.
'
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by CrownFemi: 12:54am On Jun 21, 2020
Thanks for sharing this. It is really edjucative...

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Mastakija(m): 1:02am On Jun 21, 2020
jubrilELsudan:
MORE HOURS TO FVCK AND SHOOT MY HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH.
ki tun leleyi bai nitori oloron
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by Mastakija(m): 1:03am On Jun 21, 2020
jubrilELsudan:
kin tun leleyi bai nitori oloun
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by MansoryMX(m): 1:08am On Jun 21, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

When you are done pass me her contact

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by olujastro: 1:31am On Jun 21, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

No, he didn’t try at all. Writing on a topic he knows little about. I don’t know how Lalasticlala and other mods can put such misinformation on front page!
Shows how much scientific ignorance is on Nairaland.

** Close to the equator (Nigeria) the days are about same length all year round.

** summer solstice (or June solstice) is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere and the shortest day of the year in the southern hemisphere

**Winter solstice (or December solstice) is the longest day of the year in the Southern hemisphere and the shortest day of the year in the Nothern hemisphere

** There’d be 24hr daylight only at the arctic circle, while Antarctica will experience 24hr darkness. Reverse is the case on December solstice.
Finally someone got it totally correct.

At least the OP gets some kudos for writing and putting up something educating out there. Contributions from others is what makes Nairaland a discussion forum, and not a proper media organisation.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by PoliteActivist: 1:44am On Jun 21, 2020
olujastro:

Finally someone got it totally correct.

At least the OP gets some kudos for writing and putting up something educating out there. Contributions from others is what makes Nairaland a discussion forum, and not a proper media organisation.

The OP gets NO KUDOS whatsoever. If anything he should be flogged. Miseducation is worse than no education. All most people will read and propagate is his garbage. There are so many topics to write about, people should focus on topics they know well!
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by realstars: 2:04am On Jun 21, 2020
The Works Of God.
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by rikamann: 2:53am On Jun 21, 2020
Thank you Shoodboi
Re: Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow by CanadaOrBust: 3:03am On Jun 21, 2020
rikamann:
Thank you Shoodboi

Well he fed u misinformation and confusion.
Here’s correct info:
https://www.nairaland.com/5939166/today-longest-day-year-there/4#90895939

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Female Vampire' Shackled To Prevent Her Re-Incarnation Found In Poland (Graphic / Wandering Crocodile Captured On The Street Of Lagos (Video) / Sturddlefish: Hungarian Scientists Accidentally Create Bizarre Hybrid Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.