Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

CBN Debits Access Bank, Gtbank And Others ₦216.1 Billion For CRR Compliance - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / CBN Debits Access Bank, Gtbank And Others ₦216.1 Billion For CRR Compliance (437 Views)

How To Borrow Money From Gtbank And The Requirements / I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... / CBN Raises Banks' CRR To 27.5% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CBN Debits Access Bank, Gtbank And Others ₦216.1 Billion For CRR Compliance by beejayvince(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria has debited 26 banks to the tune of a total of ₦216.1 billion. This debit came about as a part of the CBN’s Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) compliance requirement.

The Cash Reserve Ratio has to do with the minimum amount that banks are required to retain with the Central Bank of Nigeria from customer deposits.

The 26 Banks whose cash reserves were debited include some regular “victims”. Some of these banks are Access Bank PLC, Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, and Zenith Bank PLC.

This CRR debit is coming ahead of the CBN’s foreign exchange auction. According to a report from Nairametrics, a trader disclosed that this has become a tradition.

Here’s the full list of all the 26 banks whose cash reserves just got debited.

> Access Bank PLC: ₦5 billion
> Citibank: ₦11 billion
> Coronation Merchant Bank: ₦2 billion
> Ecobank: ₦9 billion
> FBN Merchant Bank: ₦2.5 billion
> Fidelity Bank PLC: ₦5 billion
> First Bank of Nigeria Ltd.: ₦15 billion
> FCMB: ₦15.5 billion
> FSDH: ₦251.2 million
> Globus Bank: ₦1 billion
> Guaranty Trust Bank PLC: ₦25 billion
> Heritage Bank PLC: 1.5 billion
> Keystone Bank Limited: ₦1.4 billion
> Nova Merchant Bank Ltd.: ₦6 billion
> Providus Bank: ₦1.2 billion
> Rand Merchant Bank: ₦335.5 million
> Polaris Bank Ltd.: ₦6 billion
> Stanbic IBTC: ₦30 billion
> Standard Chartered Bank: ₦10 billion
> Sterling Bank PLC: ₦3.3 billion
> SunTrust Bank: ₦683.9 million
> Titan Trust Bank: ₦500 million
> Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: ₦8 billion
> Unity Bank PLC: ₦9 billion
> Wema Bank PLC: ₦567.7 million
> Zenith Bank PLC: ₦46.3 billion

https://businessroom.ng/news/cbn-debits-access-bank-gtbank-and-others-%e2%82%a6216-1-billion-for-crr-compliance/

Re: CBN Debits Access Bank, Gtbank And Others ₦216.1 Billion For CRR Compliance by softworldsystem(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
I hope no be customer go pay that money
Re: CBN Debits Access Bank, Gtbank And Others ₦216.1 Billion For CRR Compliance by ThePropertyGuy: 4:18am On Jun 22, 2020

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Sand And Chippings Business. I Need A Mentor Plz (@ph) / 20% Return On Investment / N1,900 One-time Investment With UP To N5,700 Daily Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.