Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... (1648 Views)

Ecobank Plc And Firstbank Plc Accounts Available. / How To Borrow Money From Gtbank And The Requirements / CBN Debits Access Bank, Gtbank And Others ₦216.1 Billion For CRR Compliance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2020
My brother has 1000 quantities of shares in the Guarantee Trust Bank and 500 quantities in the FirstBank PLC which he bought through share brokers and have been receiving dividends since 2015.

How can this influence his getting job in any of the two organization?

Matured minds pls
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by GogetterMD(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2020
Queenttoast01:
My brother has 1000 quantities of shares in the Guarantee Trust Bank and 500 quantities in the FirstBank PLC which he bought through share brokers and have been receiving dividends since 2015.

Matured minds pls
It cannot help him in getting a job in any of these banks

3 Likes

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Kestolove(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2020
Ur brother should approach d bank ND tell dem he needs a job for his younger brother his a share holder he can do dat unless share holders are not favoured in recruitment

1 Like

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2020
Kestolove:
Ur brother should approach d bank ND tell dem he needs a job for his younger brother his a share holder he can do dat unless share holders are not favoured in recruitment

That's his thought also if he will be favoured in the recruitment as a shareholder
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Resurgent2016: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
Your brother owning 5,000 or 10,000 shares in a Bank that has over 30million shares in issue doesn't make him a shareholder or worth (sorry to say).

They won't even grant him an audience except he God favours him

4 Likes

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
Resurgent2016:
Your brother owning 5,000 or 10,000 shares in a Bank that has over 30million shares in issue doesn't make him a shareholder or worth (sorry to say).

Point of correction, the outstanding shares of First Bank is 31 billion.

1 Like

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by narit: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
Queenttoast01:

Matured minds pls
Lol.... That numbers of share is quite insignificant, to get him to see the CEO of any of those mentioned bank.

4 Likes

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
narit:

Lol.... That numbers of share is quite insignificant, to get him to see the CEO of any of those mentioned bank.

Hmm, i thought the same.
But, like how many quantity would be significant?
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2020
Resurgent2016:

Hmm
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
Queenttoast01:

Hmm, i thought the same.

Being a shareholder won't give you an advantage when applying a job unless you have substantial holdings.

Children of shareholders with substantial holdings won't need a salary job. With 5% of the outstanding shares of the company, that is 1.5 billion shares then you are a substantial shareholder of the bank

4 Likes

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by narit: 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
Queenttoast01:

Hmm, i thought the same.
Owning just 1% of the enterprise will suffice. As it stands that should amount to 300million shares.

2 Likes

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by vexing(m): 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2020
If he owns 5% of the shares of any of the bank, then maybe he could be made a director.

1 Like

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
vexing:
If he owns 5% of the shares of any of the bank, then maybe he could be made a director.

Or nominate someone to represent him on the board as a non executive director, such a person can be the shareholder's friend or children

1 Like

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Being a shareholder won't give you an advantage when applying a job unless you have substantial holdings.

Children of shareholders with substantial holdings won't need a salary job. With 5% of the outstanding shares of the company, that is 1.5 billion shares then you are a substantial shareholder of the bank

Thank you for this.
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
narit:

Owning just 1% of the enterprise will suffice. As it stands that should amount to 300million shares.

Okay,
I told him, Nigeria company shares that he invested his money in is rubbish unlike foreign countries.
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
vexing:

Okay
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
Queenttoast01:

Okay,
I told him, Nigeria company shares that he invested his money in is rubbish unlike foreign countries.

Buying stocks of foreign companies does not give you a guarantee of being employed by the companies

1 Like

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Buying stocks of foreign companies does not give you a guarantee of being employed by the companies

I know,
But at least you will get better dividends and live good life
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
Queenttoast01:

I know,
But at least you will get better dividends and live good life

You sow what you reap. People are also getting good dividends here based on what they invested

2 Likes

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 6:56am On Dec 02, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You sow what you reap. People are also getting good dividends here based on what they invested

What foreign shares has high returns pls and how do we buy it
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by imagrg(m): 7:08am On Dec 02, 2020
Let him try his luck at the headquarters of any of the banks.

1 Like

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by fastlane84: 7:14am On Dec 02, 2020
Join Chymall and forget all this live a good life
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 11:16am On Dec 02, 2020
imagrg:
Let him try his luck at the headquarters of any of the banks.

Hmm, do you think anything good can come out from that?
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2020
fastlane84:
Join Chymall and forget all this live a good life

My bro is not on a fast lane, let him get better job biko, enjoy your good live alone with chymall grin
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by SavageResponse(m): 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
Queenttoast01:

Matured minds pls

You own just 1,000units of shares in GTBank and you're here making noise, that means me that owns 600,025 units in Transcorp Plc should do a hostile take over of the company? undecided
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
SavageResponse:

You own just 1,000units of shares in GTBank and you're here making noise, that means me that owns 600,025 units in Transcorp Plc should do a hostile take over of the company? undecided

You're the one making noise here man
Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Arijude(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
SavageResponse:

1000 units of share is cost how much? Like if I want to have any share with any bank

1 Like

Re: I Own Gtbank And Firstbank And I'm Unemployed... by Queenttoast01: 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
Arijude:
1000 units of share is cost how much? Like if I want to have any share with any bank

Go to the brokers, he bought his 5 years ago.
You cant compare the prices

(1) (Reply)

Believe / Free Bitcoin Without Any Investment. / Target Savings With Ren Money Good Or Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.