Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,211 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? (19896 Views)

Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Austeeenxx: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2020
Automatic disqualification niyen. Your village people are using your picture as their shrine decoration.

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Benwallt(m): 11:50am On Jun 21, 2020
Of all the tym one has to sleep, he will choose to doze off during interview. That would be bad time to obey nature's call.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by chatinent: 11:51am On Jun 21, 2020
This happens especially when it's about your turn, then your village people will be shaking your calabash..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by galantjoe(m): 11:51am On Jun 21, 2020
I was waiting for interview to start for close to 3hrs when I dozed off. When it was my turn, I woke up abd I did my best and finally I was given the job.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by NarnieAceTech: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2020
Hello Fam. Please help watch this motivational poem series I edited and produced for my mentor and pastor in the Lord. It is titled "Dominion Poems".

Kindly click on the link to watch, then like, subscribe and comment(constructive criticism is allowed).
We have a target of more than 1,000 subscribers and over 4,000 hours of view on YouTube.
This is your season. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoMfAgB8vWU
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by rafcrown(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2020
Highly possible , sleepless nights, heavy food and nasty environment.
When you have a good job already or if they are not well organised, boring and bias questions.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by RPG2020(m): 11:53am On Jun 21, 2020
toyotamuscle:
hi am in need of a job.i stay in abuja.i can work as a network admin.a
supervisor in a hotel or any other organisation.also I can work as an I T
support, I T officer.i can create and maintain WordPress sites.am a graduate
of publuc administration. I have a ccna from aptech.i can do any job so long
its not a professional work like accounting etc. job salary not below
50,000naira.chat me on whatsapp 08089411836.

50k too small
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Meteng: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2020
This one is when your village people have already issued a communique on your matter
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by micflo28(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2020
Eulalia:
Hm. Doze off? With CCTV and all that you are automatically disqualified. Why would anyone doze off at an interview venue of all places?

Well... No! The only thing I ever experienced was a chilling office and when it was obvious they weren't going to switch off the AC ( cause it uses a central switch) I stepped out to receive some sun before I froze grin.
Hi dear
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by profmicky: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2020
This happened to me when I went for an interview in a company at portharcourt, I travelled all night from Lagos to PH, from motor park I went straight to the interview venue, I was not attended to early, so because of the tiredness I was dosing in front of the interviewer because he was busy on his system while attending to me
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by NarnieAceTech: 11:57am On Jun 21, 2020
Thank God for smart phones. With my phone and power banks(Yes, I've got 4. hehehe). I can play FIFA and other FPS games for hours while waiting my turn. I can't afford to take that risk. There's this tendency to forget most of the things you practiced and you may likely go in unprepared thereby reducing your chances.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by hustla(m): 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
toyotamuscle:

If u can come to Lagos, apply to tek Xperts
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Samylekey(m): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
gaetano:
I haven't dozed off before, but I've farted unknowingly in an interview. It was a silent fart and mine smells really bad. I lost my confidence when the panel started looking at each other when they noticed. One of the most embarrassing days of my life. I fixed that problem with herbs i got from my village.

Did you get the job?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by sheDD(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
gaetano:
I haven't dozed off before, but I've farted unknowingly in an interview. It was a silent fart and mine smells really bad. I lost my confidence when the panel started looking at each other when they noticed. One of the most embarrassing days of my life. I fixed that problem with herbs i got from my village.
central message, he later went to the village" grin
Not just for d herbs but to settle scores

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Harbey92(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by toyotamuscle: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
hustla:

If u can come to Lagos, apply to tek Xperts
ok
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by passionberry(f): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
joviegghead:
Lol
Actually yes! We were kept in a room i.e me and other fellow applicants. We were told they'll call us one after the other.
The room was chill, bright. Perfect place to crash(sleep) , most especially after walking in the sun just to locate the place. And crash(sleep) I did.
Embarrassing!
My name was called twice. The first, I heard deep from my sleep. The second made me jolt. Bad timing.

I was so disoriented, unstable. All preparation throw outta window.
Was ushered into the interviewing room. Right in front of me was a pretty lady but with a Stern, straight face. And there I was with sleepy red eyes. I guess she noticed. I was embarrassed. She fine die.

Blabbed all through. Answered her questions stupidly. And i definitely didn't need anyone to tell me I wasn't gonna get the job.
I wasn't bothered anyway. Just wanted to give it a try.
grin chai..I can imagine
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Freestainworld(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
do I look like an African politicians who sleep while other world leaders are debating an important issue?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by MyCelebRichList: 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
lolz....

leave this one one side laugh tire at https://www.instagram.com/p/CBqqf5vAofR/
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by UTILITYMAY(m): 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
gaetano:

smiley wink cheesy grin cheesy Did you eventually got the job; because this one na real village jazz ooo
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by dalass(f): 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
gaetano:

Chaiii grin

Fear factor grin
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by joxxy01(m): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
When your brain is not sick?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by gaetano: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
UTILITYMAY:

smiley wink cheesy grin cheesy Did you eventually got the job; because this one na real village jazz ooo

No i didn't. It's not jazz ọ. I was having bowel problems at the time. Found it hard to shị́t, longer it stays in, the more your fart will smell

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by PericomaNwankwo: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lol village people dey real.

Reminds me of the night I dozed off just 1:30hrs to cashing out 500k naira. Had purchased this sure bet from Empire market for 0.03 btc and was supposed to be awake till second half to bet it. You won't believe I dozed off, game played. I woke up a minute after the game.

I mad!! Thank God say I still play another one that night come cash out 390k. grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Mubby4luv(m): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
E be like say unemployment never hit the person. If unemployment hit you ehn, even for night, sleep no go come.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Kaybaba5(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nope
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
gaetano:
grin grin grin but which herb?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
toyotamuscle:

I love the conclusive part. That's mental worth !!
God's mercy will shine on you bigman.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by smiliyB(f): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
gaetano:
Hahaha hahahhahahahhha grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by engrhorla(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2020
Like seriously?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Moikiitos: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Sleep ke, It means say you never ready to get job.

sholarr12:
Perhaps, because of the AC you dozed off? Or you didn't sleep well at night and that made you doze off?

Share your experience.

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by SirMichael1: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Lol, no but I must admit that I have slept while writing exams.
I had just moved to Abuja to join my dad (now late), I was required to write and entrance exam before I'd be admitted into primary 2, well, given that I had started school late, learnt to speak English language at age 6 (lol, I spoke just Yoruba till I was 6 thereabout) so I wasn't so bright then, well, after I had got dome with English language part I was required to write a math exam, na there my my village pipu sidan on top my matter, I knew close to nothing and suddenly began to doze off, lol. It wasn't funny back then, I was in a pathetic state and my stepsister had to use the butt side of her umbrella to wake me up. Lol, na so I take repeat primary one oooo grin grin grin grin. When I remember that day I just laugh and I tend to use my experience as an example to parents, guardians etc not to be negative when a child appears to be dull because I was TERRIBLE, patience, love and dedication help a child grow and learn not insults and beatings.
Oh, back then in UI I would once in a while sleep while writing exams because I only assimilate and night (from 2100- 6am), and during exam period I would read back to back ooooo, so yea, about 5 times all through my year in school I slept due to fatigue.
cheesy cheesy grin Happy father's day to the amazing dads here. Let me chime this in, though late, my dad helped shape me greatly and his love, teachings and all keep moulding me daily.
grin I too have slept in an examination hall. The night before, i didn't sleep and decided to cover the bulky programming material. Oboi, I and my friend went to class to read by 8pm after dinner. Since it was a programing course, i was with the system while reading. Each time i feel sleepy, i just put an action movie, watch for like 10mins and continue reading. At about 3am in the morning, i wasn't assimilating but being stubborn, i didn't sleep but continued trying to read till like 6am. I walked back to the hostel, fetched water, bath and got to exam hall 7:30am. Exam was 8am-11am. 1 hour into the exam, my brain was not cooperating. It just stopped giving me what i needed, what i knew, like it just shut off! Damn, i was tired cracking the brain, it was tired overworking and obeying me. Finally i decided i should bow my head and crack this brain (my greatest undoing). Sincerely, i didn't know what happened 'cause the last time, i remembered trying to remember stuff and the next thing i got was a tap from the invigilator. Damn, i was embarrassed and when he asked me why was i sleeping loudly? It was like the ground should just open up and swallow all my classmates! I just lied and said i was having headache. I appreciate him 'cause if he didn't wake me, i might as well wake up at the end of the paper.

i was in 200l then but till i grad, there was this particular guy that always teased me about it. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Past Questions And Answers 2020/2021 / Congratulations All Customs Shortlisted Candidates! / Please Is This Company Legit For Caregiver Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.