Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES (1374 Views)

40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant / Self-Driving Tractors & Drone Plant & Harvest Crops In UK / My New Cucumber Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES by Daniel058(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Fellow NAIRALANders I am about going into cucumber farming,Pls how many fruits per plant does CUCUMBER PRODUCES?
Re: How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES by Sabby1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
The amount of fruit/fruits produced by a single cucumber plant varies. A single cucumber plant could produce more than 20 fruits. Cucumber farming is quite lucrative and not so expensive. In less than two months, the plants are already flowering

1 Like

Re: How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES by okoroemeka(m): 7:07am On Jun 21, 2020
Cucumbers cannot produce 20 fruits,it is simply not possible in open fields planting but can be done in cotrolled green house and hydroponics system,even production of 6 sound fruits from a single crop in open field will be considered extraordinary, because that will mean from a single plot of 2000 crops you will get a production of 12,000 fruits which vis roughly 100 bags, cucumbers flower in 28 days not 2:months,by 2 months you may have harvested 3-4 times.,and for your information it is one of the most expensive crop to grow,just to spray an acre of cucumbers with agrochemicals weekly will cost an average of #10-12k

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES by niyidenrele: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2020
okoroemeka:
Cucumbers cannot produce 20 fruits,it is simply not possible in open fields planting but can be done in cotrolled green house and hydroponics system,even production of 6 sound fruits from a single crop in open field will be considered extraordinary, because that will mean from a single plot of 2000 crops you will get a production of 12,000 fruits which vis roughly 100 bags, cucumbers flower in 28 days not 2:months,by 2 months you may have harvested 3-4 times.,and for your information it is one of the most expensive crop to grow,just to spray an acre of cucumbers with agrochemicals weekly will cost an average of #10-12k
pls can u explain further, why the plants can produce more than 6per plants, is it due to constraints in extending further down the field, cos I know they are types of plants called creepers, or what, pls explain, because right in my premises that I worked one of my Oga planted cucumber there and I can proudly tell you that this will be the 12 time wilbe harvesting on just one strand of plants, can u juxtapose and explain the reason why compare to your argument
Re: How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES by okoroemeka(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
niyidenrele:
pls can u explain further, why the plants can produce more than 6per plants, is it due to constraints in extending further down the field, cos I know they are types of plants called creepers, or what, pls explain, because right in my premises that I worked one of my Oga planted cucumber there and I can proudly tell you that this will be the 12 time wilbe harvesting on just one strand of plants, can u juxtapose and explain the reason why compare to your argument
the first problem in open field planting is weather,if the temperature is not controlled with shade net or any means high temperatures will make cucumbers produce more male flowers, irrigation is another factor and also management,if crops are grown in green house or hydroponics the nutrients supply is steady,disease are kept at Bay because no rain is touching the leafs, pruning is a must because of space and it gives better outputs and irrigation is steady with drip because rainfall tend to leech out nutrients,that one crop in your backyard will perform well even without any treatment because there's no other cucubit crop around to transfer disease,try and go out in the bush and plant like 2000 crops and see the big difference, Downy mildrew and other disease is a big factor that reduces the yield of cucumber crops

3 Likes

Re: How Many Fruits Per Plant Does CUCUMBER PRODUCES by Daniel058(m): 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
okoroemeka:
the first problem in open field planting is weather,if the temperature is not controlled with shade net or any means high temperatures will make cucumbers produce more male flowers, irrigation is another factor and also management,if crops are grown in green house or hydroponics the nutrients supply is steady,disease are kept at Bay because no rain is touching the leafs, pruning is a must because of space and it gives better outputs and irrigation is steady with drip because rainfall tend to leech out nutrients,that one crop in your backyard will perform well even without any treatment because there's no other cucubit crop around to transfer disease,try and go out in the bush and plant like 2000 crops and see the big difference, Downy mildrew and other disease is a big factor that reduces the yield of cucumber crops
thank you very much sir for your coment , please I would like to know these ..

1How many seeds can I plant plant in half an acre

2.What's The Best type to plant in rainy season as it has many names like Darina , Shalini F1 , Katrina F 1 etc

3.what kind of agrochemical, is spread on the crop every week (does that represent fertilizer)?

4. Is it okay planting within Plantain plantation like the one in pics below

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Kola / Buy Hard-wood Charcoal In Large Quantity. / Supply Of Soyabeans & Maize.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.