Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,828 members, 7,862,727 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed (41331 Views)

Igbo Monarchs,human Rights Activist Want Emir And Accomplices Arrested-ifesinach / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 30, 2011
Jenifa_:

^
this was what started the controversy
and you can see that the "west" is implicated in inciting homophobic beliefs in the uganda.
Don't be fooled Jennifer. Sub Saharan Africa is very very strongly anti faggott and does not need to be prompted to take a stand against this evil by a handful of yanks.
It is likely the pro faggott lobby picked on Uganda because they know they are a large recipient of WESTERN DONOR FUNDS and foolishly imagined that they would be able to thereby get their way in Uganda. The truth is that modern Uganda is also a strongly Christian country and they are bound to take a strong  stance against faggottry regardless of the consequences.
What are you even saying? Even the bible prescribes death for faggotts.
Anyway read the officiating pastors comments at Kato's funeral
viewlekan:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0130/anglicans.html
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by MaiSuya(m): 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2011
here is a lot of speculation about his death. The police reported that his death is unconnected with his advocacy. That being said, even if it were, his murder would be wrong on all levels. But you have to say that it does not make sense to campaign for something that is not accepted by a people.

I believe that every man/woman has the right to partake in consensual sex with other consenting adults.

The problem with homosexuals is that they are always seeking rights; always campaigning when it is obvious that there would be no need to campaign for something if it were generally acceptable to a MAJORITY.

Should gays be campaigning to serve as priests? Hell No

Should gays be campaigning to adopt children when they are naturally precluded from having kids? Hell No

Should gays be campaigning for homosexuality to be included in school's curriculum? Hell No.

Should gays be allowed to marry in Churches? No but if Americans and Europeans want to give them a right to marry in civic centres, that is fine as long as some doofus is not campaigning for it in Africa.

This is the problem I have with gays; why not just treat your perversion like the rest of us do? Do it in private

Also, that homosexuality is accepted in liberal Europe does not mean it should be accepted in conservative Africa. We have enough issues to deal with in Africa than to be wasting time and resources debating with homosexuals.

This beautiful piece simply cannot be bettered. Case CLOSED!!  cheesy

Oya mods lock this thread abeg.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2011
tensor777:

Don't be fooled Jennifer. Sub Saharan Africa is very very strongly anti faggott and does not need to be prompted to take a stand against this evil by a handful of yanks.
It is likely the pro faggott lobby picked on Uganda because they know they are a large recipient of WESTERN DONOR FUNDS and foolishly imagined that they would be able to thereby get their way in Uganda. The truth is that modern Uganda is also a strongly Christian country and they are bound to take a strong  stance against faggottry regardless of the consequences.
What are you even saying? Even the bible prescribes death for faggotts.
Anyway read the officiating pastors comments at Kato's funeral

if that is the case,
why did the british impose their laws against sodomy on us when they came to colonize us in the 19th century?
fact: anti-gay laws are a colonial legacy in many parts of Africa and other british colonies such as India etc.
I think we need to learn more about our history. We weren't even Christians to begin with!!!

the bible prescribes death for homosexuals just as it prescribes death for adulterers etc. We live in a society that separates church and state for a reason. Otherwise we will be killing each other left and right and using the bible to justify it. Move to Iran or a Sharia state to know what's up.

As far as i'm concerned. Jesus commanded you to love your neighbor as you love yourself. So I hope you are not stuck in the old testament.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by kabukabu50(m): 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2011
Jenifa_:

if that is the case,
why did the british impose their laws against sodomy on us when they came to colonize us in the 19th century?
fact: anti-gay laws are a colonial legacy in many parts of Africa and other british colonies such as India etc.
I think we need to learn more about our history. We weren't even Christians to begin with!!!

the bible prescribes death for homosexuals just as it prescribes death for adulterers etc. We live in a society that separates church and state for a reason. Otherwise we will be killing each other left and right and using the bible to justify it. Move to Iran or a Sharia state to know what's up.

As far as i'm concerned. Jesus commanded you to love your neighbor as you love yourself. So I hope you are not stuck in the old testament.

Applause.
Africans learned of anti-homosexuality from White Christians who came here and told them to kill gays.Thanks Jennifer for opening the eyes of these slaves
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2011
lol@ the Sagamite/SEFAGO beef, quite entertaining

For the record, Georgetown is actually one of the more selective universities in the U.S., but its weakness in the sciences leads to it having lower rankings than what are certainly considered less prestigious or worse universities. Rankings should be taken with that in mind.

I had honestly never even heard of this University of Bristol before this thread grin grin grin grin and yet it produced all those science Nobel laureates many decades ago. I wonder what happened? I guess standards slipped and the British scientific and other elite (students, not faculty) don't go there any more and 1250 SAT types go there. Yet it will undoubtedly stay high in the rankings based on past (many decades ago) scientific achievers.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:40pm On Jan 30, 2011
"Early European documenters of the culture were shocked that some men, known as chibadi, took on the social status of women. The Jesuit João dos Santos was quoted in a 1625 publication, "certayne Chibadi, which are men attired like Women, and behave themselves womanly, ashamed to be called men; are also married to men, and esteeme that unnatural damnation an honor."[20] The priests António Sequeira and Gaspar Azevedo similarly recorded men who dressed, sat and spoke as women, and who married men "to unite in wrongful male lust with them."[20] António de Oliveira de Cadornega claimed in his 1680 História Geral das Guerras Angolanas that "Sodomy is rampant among the people of Angola," and that some of the men who took the feminine role in sodomy were also esteemed "wizards" in Kongo society.[20]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Kongo

Not a western thing @ tensor, Sagamite, and others.

Come to terms with reality.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 11:42pm On Jan 30, 2011
The British “Queensland Penal Code” of 1899 was “adopted in Northern Nigeria in the nineteenth century, later becoming the basis for a uniform federal code in Nigeria in 1916. The Indian Penal Code had been used in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, but those laws were later replaced by drafts based on the Nigerian criminal code. Sudan used the Indian Penal Code. In 1960 Northern Nigeria enacted a separate criminal code, based on the Sudan code.”

Similar laws were forced on “British” Honduras (today Belize), Jamaica, Anguilla, the “British” Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Bahamas, Tobago, Turks and Caicos, and St. Lucia.

The British also imposed anti-“sodomy” legislation on Canada in 1892, New Zealand a year later, and Australia in 1788 and again in 1899.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_377_of_the_Indian_Penal_Code
http://www.workers.org/2007/world/lavender-red-112/
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2011
This Alien Legacy
The Origins of "Sodomy" Laws in British Colonialism
December 17, 2008

This 66-page report describes how laws in over three dozen countries, from India to Uganda and from Nigeria to Papua New Guinea, derive from a single law on homosexual conduct that British colonial rulers imposed on India in 1860. This year, the High Court in Delhi ended hearings in a years-long case seeking to decriminalize homosexual conduct there. A ruling in the landmark case is expected soon.

http://www.hrw.org/en/reports/2008/12/17/alien-legacy-0
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 30, 2011
Jenifa_:

if that is the case,
It is what it is. Anyway faggotts had to be executed under the Mosaic law Other legal jurisdictions prescribed similar penaltiies to faggotts as  a matter of fact. In precolonial Africa such acts were simply taboo as they should be
Honestly I don't know what your point is and what the pro faggott lobby want.
You want to challenge people's sense of what is right and wrong because that is what this campaign is about ultimately?
BUT THE ABILITY TO DISTINGUISH CLEARLY BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG IS WHAT MAKES US HUMAN IN THE FIRST PLACE.
To be honest I would rather have a society that harshly punishes perverts and faggotts than have a society where the distinction between good and evil is blurred.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 30, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

"Not a western thing @ tensor, Sagamite, and others.
Come to terms with reality.
And who said it is a Western thing. It existed in Sodom and Gomorrah remember. However the pro faggott lobby is based in the West. That does not mean that faggottry itself originated in the West so I don't know what you are on about.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 30, 2011
here is a lot of speculation about his death. The police reported that his death is unconnected with his advocacy. That being said, even if it were, his murder would be wrong on all levels. But you have to say that it does not make sense to campaign for something that is not accepted by a people.

I believe that every man/woman has the right to partake in consensual sex with other consenting adults.

The problem with homosexuals blacks is that they are always seeking rights; always campaigning when it is obvious that there would be no need to campaign for something if it were generally acceptable to a MAJORITY.

Should gays blacks be campaigning to serve as priests? Hell No

Should gays infertile couples be campaigning to adopt children when they are naturally precluded from having kids? Hell No

Should gays blacks be campaigning for homosexuality black history to be included in school's curriculum? Hell No.

Should gays interracial couples be allowed to marry in Churches? No but if Americans and Europeans want to give them a right to marry in civic centres, that is fine as long as some doofus is not campaigning for it in Africa Russia/America.

This is the problem I have with gays blacks; why not just treat your perversion like the rest of us do? Do it in private Africa

Also, that homosexuality is accepted in liberal Europe does not mean it should be accepted in conservative Africa America/Russia. We have enough issues to deal with in Africa United States/Russia than to be wasting time and resources debating with homosexuals blacks.

I took a creative license with this post. I hope you guys like it as much as the first one.

But in all seriousness. The laws in Africa go well beyond simply barring them from adoption and excluding them from the public domain(which itself is questionable). In Nigeria for example, the laws violate the very constitution(freedom of speech/association) with no regard to privacy. If they are not actively harassing anyone and it is between consenting individuals then the law should have nothing more to say.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
Idehn:

I took a creative license with this post. I hope you guys like it as much as the first one.

But in all seriousness. The laws in Africa go well beyond simply barring them from adoption and excluding them from the public domain. In Nigeria for example, the laws violate the very constitution(freedom of speech/association) with no regard to privacy. If they do not actively harassing anyone and it is between consenting individuals then the law should have nothing more to say.
But that is rubbish and unimaginative as being a sex pervert is a lifestyle choice. angry angry What has being white, yellow, red or black got to do with this evil perversion?
Or maybe you have lost the plot totally?
I am not even saying they should be given any extra rights whatsoever rather they should be treated the same as rapists and paedophiles. In short they should be subjected to a fair trial and due process.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by uyiscott: 12:01am On Jan 31, 2011
grin tongue what was he thinking he can copy everything from the western country mumu they want to change what god created he no go beta for them
fire burn them gay bastards grin tongue
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 12:17am On Jan 31, 2011
tensor777:

And who said it is a Western thing. It existed in Sodom and Gomorrah remember. However the pro faggott lobby is based in the West. That does not mean that faggottry itself originated in the West so I don't know what you are on about.
. . . .

most human rights activism groups are based in the west. they have more voice due to western laws that recognize minority rights
"majority rule, minority rights" <--I'm sure you are familiar with this saying.
at least this is my understanding of it.

To be honest I would rather have a society that harshly punishes perverts and faggotts than have a society where the distinction between good and evil is blurred.

to be honest, part of me thinks you are joking or just riling us up for the fun of it.
if you are an adult, by now you should know that there is no clear distinction between good and evil.
I def. don't want to live in the world that you describe.

Besides calling for death to homosexuals, Uganda was also seeking to ban women from wearing mini-skirts.  what do you think? are mini-skirts evil to you? why females? wonder how these laws are always targeting a minority or marginal population.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7621823.stm

and then we have child witches in Nigeria. orphans also tend to be targeted. just as women and widows are target of witchcraft accusations
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/dec/09/tracymcveigh.theobserver

I really don't understand how some people think this way. I think human rights are a necessity unless you are one who don't have a heart. lol
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by manny4life(m): 12:21am On Jan 31, 2011
Damn, when would this thread die a painful death?

tensor777, all your argument, where have they taken you too?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by viewlekan: 12:23am On Jan 31, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ lol
even the catholic church is beginning to waver on it's stance against contraception.

I don't like your ridiculous idea that people choose to be gay but that's your opinion. lol
In my opinion, I think that hormone level during female pregnancy may play a role.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation

Fair enough that you disagree with me, but do not refer to my assertion as ridiculous if you negate it with a wikipedia source!!!.

I briefly read the "article" that you really believe explains homosexuality but I am afraid it is very disjointed and looks more than a conspiracy theory rather than a valid explanation. Even a cursory look at some of the assumptions been put forward suggests that it was done by researchers trying to get in  papers for journals at all cost.

You will agree with me that homosexuality has definitively exacerbated sexually transmitted diseases, notably HIV, Admittedly, the major problem is people (mainly dudes on the down low) who are homosexuals. Scientifically and naturally, gays  have a disproportionate higher chance of transmitting these diseases,

I am looking at this at a peripheral level, but there is a reason why the male/female sexes have different reproductive organs, whether you believe in God, Nature or nothing at all, whatever formed us that way had a basic purpose  that wasnt meant  to be eroded.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 31, 2011
tensor777:

But that is rubbish and unimaginative as being a sex pervert is a lifestyle choice. What has being white yellow red or black got to do with this evil perversion.
Or maybe you have lost the plot totally?
I am not even saying they should be given any rights whatsoever rather they should be treated the same as rapists and paedophiles. In short they should be subjected to a fair trial and due process.

The fact that the rights of a yellow, red, or black person was up to people of the opinion that they were lazy, ignorant, stupid, violent, greedy, and an overall blight on humanity. Not surprisingly, they voted accordingly and yellow,red, and black people had to suffer the injustice. Let us learn from history instead of repeating the cycle once more.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by isalegan2: 12:32am On Jan 31, 2011
Katsumoto:

You have a lot to learn about men.

Men get turned on by flesh; two woman hooking up together have little to do with that.

Men get turned on seeing a unmentionable
Men get turned on seeing panties
Men get turned on by seeing thighs

Point is, men get turned on by just looking at a woman. It doesn't require much effort to arouse a man.   

Testify!  grin

Jenifa_:

I also feel disgusted by a lot of people. Mr Cork for example is one of the most disgusting and perverted characters i've come across on nairaland.

Neh, he's just yanking your chain.  Mr. Cock is funny.  undecided
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 31, 2011
Idehn:

The fact that the rights of a yellow, red, or black person was up to people of the opinion that they were lazy, ignorant, silly, violent, greedy, and an overall blight on humanity. Not surprisingly, they voted accordingly and yellow,red, and black people had to suffer the injustice. Let us learn from history instead of repeating the cycle once more.

I still don't see the link. You are talking about some people's subjective opinions of another group of people. You are talking about a race based political struggle ? We have  had race based and ethnic based and nation-based political struggles throughout history.

However what has all this politics got to do with the basic  terrible evil of faggottry?
IT IS AN EVIL YOU KNOW.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 31, 2011
viewlekan:

You will agree with me that homosexuality has definitively exacerbated sexually transmitted diseases, notably HIV,  Admittedly, the major problem is people (mainly dudes on the down low) who are homosexuals. Scientifically and naturally, gays  have a disproportionate higher chance of transmitting these diseases,  

I am looking at this at a peripheral level, but there is a reason why the male/female sexes have different reproductive organs, whether you believe in God, Nature or nothing at all, whatever formed us that way had a basic purpose  that wasnt meant  to be eroded.

Yes, but not more so than straight men having sex with multiple female partners and love-peddlers. To alleviate the problem the solution is the same for both groups of individuals. Wear a condom.

People erode the basic premise of sex all the time. Wearing a condom erodes the basic premise of both conception and disease transmittance. For those who do not want a disease nor children they could not possibly take care I would say that is a good thing.

tensor777:

I still don't see the link. You are talking about some people's subjective opinions of another group of people. You are talking about a race based political struggle ? We have  had race based and ethnic based and nation-based political struggles throughout history.

However what has all this politics got to do with the basic  terrible evil of faggottry?
IT IS AN EVIL YOU KNOW.

You talk about peoples subjective opinions and then end it with that? Now I think you must be trolling this forum?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 31, 2011
Idehn:

Yes, but not more so than straight men having sex with multiple female partners and love-peddlers. To alleviate the problem the solution is the same for both groups of individuals. Wear a condom.
People erode the basic premise of sex all the time. Wearing a condom erodes the basic premise of both conception and disease transmittance. For those who do not want a disease nor children they could not possibly take care I would say that is a good thing.
You talk about peoples subjective opinions and then end it with that? Now I think you must be trolling this forums?
You have lost the plot since insertion of the male organ into another man's dung hole is not sex.  Seriously where did you get that  bizarre idea from.
You think a piece of rubber would prevent that faggott from contacting all manner of diseases from that repellent act.
More to the point is why are scarce resources expended promoting this disgusting act.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 12:50am On Jan 31, 2011
You will agree with me that homosexuality has definitively exacerbated sexually transmitted diseases, notably HIV,  Admittedly, the major problem is people (mainly dudes on the down low) who are homosexuals. Scientifically and naturally, gays  have a disproportionate higher chance of transmitting these diseases,  

women also naturally have 3x higher chance of contacting HIV than men so what's your point?

if u read my previous post, you will understand that part of the contributing factor is education and support. An homosexual in a supportive environment and upper middle class or white is less likely to be HIV positive than a homeless homosexual of an ethnic minority roaming the streets due to poverty and abuse and engaging in risky behavior including drugs etc.

so what should be happening is for the health system to be reaching out to the marginalized communities and educating them or providing support. In countries like Uganga, it is against the law to teach safe sex to gays since it's considered gay activism

IT IS AN EVIL YOU KNOW.

shattap tensor. your homophobia is the only evil i see on here.  tongue
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 12:54am On Jan 31, 2011
isale_gan2:

Testify!  grin

Neh, he's just yanking your chain.  Mr. Cock is funny.  undecided

yea he can be funny. but not someone I will prefer to sit down and have a conversation with. I'd rather keep my distance grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Katsumoto: 1:01am On Jan 31, 2011
Idehn:

But in all seriousness. The laws in Africa go well beyond simply barring them from adoption and excluding them from the public domain(which itself is questionable). In Nigeria for example, the laws violate the very constitution(freedom of speech/association) with no regard to privacy. If they are not actively harassing anyone and it is between consenting individuals then the law should have nothing more to say.

I am sorry but your comparison of negroes and gays is wholly inappropriate. There are gays who are black; as bad as racism is, a black gay person is likely to suffer double discrimination. In the same vein, a White gay person is likely to suffer discrimination from White, black, yellow, and red homophobes.

Also, you can't do anything about your colour if you are a Negro but a gay person, White or black, can decide whether or not to come out or not.

Every society has the right to decide what laws to enact. If a majority don't want homosexualism to be practiced openly, then that is what that society wants regardless of whether it is practised in other societies.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by babaowo: 1:18am On Jan 31, 2011
nah wha ooo its seems there are many homosexual on naira land lol
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 31, 2011
Katsumoto:

I am sorry but your comparison of negroes and gays is wholly inappropriate. There are gays who are black; as bad as racism is, a black gay person is likely to suffer double discrimination. In the same vein, a White gay person is likely to suffer discrimination from White, black, yellow, and red homophobes.

Also, you can't do anything about your colour if you are a Negro but a gay person, White or black, can decide whether or not to come out or not.

Every society has the right to decide what laws to enact. If a majority don't want homosexualism to be practiced openly, then that is what that society wants regardless of whether it is practised in other societies.

I do not understand your argument. Are you saying discrimination is fine when done by multiple groups? Because blacks are just as likely to be discriminated by other  blacks as well as yellow,white, and red racist as well. Africans, Caribbeans Islanders, and American blacks discriminate against each other quite often.

Also if there was an easy way to hide racial features would that make racism less of an issue?

Yes I suppose society wants what it wants, but that is just saying that might makes right. Africa should be better than this.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 1:39am On Jan 31, 2011

@katsumoto,
I agree that majority rules but I also believes that minorities have their rights (to live, not to be jailed for being gay etc)
ie majority rule, minority rights.

Just because 70% of a population agree that gays should be executed (whether because they have been feed propaganda, religion etc) doesn't mean gays don't deserve rights.
this is where the parallel with civil rights for blacks come in. I'm sure majority of whites didn't support blacks getting education during the brown vs board of education ruling. The federal govt had to send in troops to protect the black students from being mobbed by the general public.

so do you say that because the majority of whites didn't want blacks to share schooling, water fountains, buses etc. they should be refused these rights? and the govt shouldn't protect minorities?
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Jenifa1: 1:44am On Jan 31, 2011
Arkansas's Gov. Orval Faubus joined with local white activists to block nine black students, known as the Little Rock Nine, who had been admitted to Little Rock's Central High School. This interference erupted in a frenzy of violence and protests, which eventually led President Eisenhower to call in federal troops.

[img]http://www.marquette.edu/magazine/images/winter2010/bnr-little-rock-nine.jpg[/img]

These photographs capture the controversial desegregation of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1957. Nine black students who attempted to enter the school encountered a mob of 1,000 angry whites demonstrating in protest. Several weeks later, under armed federal escort, they were able to attend the school.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by ekubear1: 1:55am On Jan 31, 2011
^-- No clue how so many black folk don't see the parallels between their struggle and that of the gays.

Oh well, I still love black folk and Nigerians, despite them being largely more bigoted than the whites they accuse of racism.
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by johnkent(m): 2:03am On Jan 31, 2011
Mai Suya:

This beautiful piece simply cannot be bettered. Case CLOSED!!  cheesy

Oya mods lock this thread abeg.

What an I di ot!!! This was exactly what the black race had to go through just a few years ago and are still are. Because the majority of people are against something doesn't make it right. Grow up n e gro!!!!
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by SEFAGO(m): 2:10am On Jan 31, 2011

I love this guy. He makes me laf. grin
Re: Uganda Gay Rights Activist David Kato Killed by Katsumoto: 2:14am On Jan 31, 2011
Jenifa_:

Arkansas's Gov. Orval Faubus joined with local white activists to block nine black students, known as the Little Rock Nine, who had been admitted to Little Rock's Central High School. This interference erupted in a frenzy of violence and protests, which eventually led President Eisenhower to call in federal troops.t

[img]http://www.marquette.edu/magazine/images/winter2010/bnr-little-rock-nine.jpg[/img]

These photographs capture the controversial desegregation of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1957. Nine black students who attempted to enter the school encountered la mob of 1,000 angry whites demonstrating in protest. Several weeiks later, under armed federal escort, they were able to attend the school.

There is a difference between education and sexual proclivities. What is the difference between homosexuality and paedophilia from country to country? Isn't it the age of consent? I guess if a minority start campaigning for the right to sleep with dead bodies, the majority have to accept it.

Its dificult to talk about the civil rights era because of its attendant association with slavery. I get ur point about protecting the minority from the majority but it is not a one size fits all approach. Sometimes the majority need to be protected from the minority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply)

Bolaji Abdullahi: Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari / Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth / Buhari Gives Zahra Out For 12 Gold Coins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.