Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? (6916 Views)

“soul” And “spirit”—what Do These Terms Really Mean? / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? by MP007(m): 5:42am On Jun 24, 2007
dont swear by Gods name or his world,

sin against the holy spirit is dangerous to human life, ma fi emi re sofo
Re: The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? by Aproko(f): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2007
ok bari_kade,

i get you. no further questions just yet. smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? by otuwe(f): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2007
me i have questions bari kade

Isaiah 7:14-16
  (14)Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive,
  and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (15)Butter and honey shall he
  eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. (16)For before the child
  shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest
  shall be forsaken of both her kings.

so why didnt Mary and Joseph name Jesus Immanuel

Daniel 7:13-14
  (13) I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the
  clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
  (14) And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations,
  and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall
  not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

how does this show that Jesus is the son of man

'a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son' (Isa. 7:14)
Who was conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary? (see also Isa. 9:6; Matt. 1:21-23; Rom. 9:5)

it says[b] a virgin [/b] shall conceive not Virgin Mary shall conceive so how did u know the prophesy was talking about virgin mary
'Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil' (Isa. 7:15)
Two things here: (a) he shall 'eat' - a quality of humanity (Luke 7:34 - 'the Son of Man is come eating and drinking'); (b) he may know to 'refuse evil' - in reference to the temptation in Matt. 4:1-11. You cannot apply these features to the Holy Spirit; for He was not the One who was incarnated or tempted by the Devil - it was rather Jesus who was tempted in the flesh (Matt. 4:1 and Heb. 2:18).

i dont think he was talking about temptation rather he make know to refuse evil to me means he wud live and experiense evil(ie by coming to earth) since He never  knew anything evil before.
why do u say the Holy Spirit never incarnated. what if He did but was not recognised the way the jews didnt recognise Christ and are still expecting the Messiah.

#3. 'before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good' (Isa. 7:16)
The Holy Spirit was never called a "child" - and if you read Isa. 9:6, you'll see that this reference is to the incarnation of Jesus Christ

dont you ever wonder if the COMFORTER has already come as Christ Promised, and that he was born too just like Christ(cos thats the only way you can be on earth physically) and that that is wat the prophesy was talking about.

they are just questions ohhhhh
i need clarification pls
Re: The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? by olowolekan(m): 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2010
The Holy Spirit pleads with sinners to come to Jesus.God says as "I liveth, I have no pleasure in the death of a sinner but that a sinner should turn and live".Holy Spirit will plead with sinners till they die.Since they (sinners) refused to listen to the Holy spirit,there is no remedy and the result is hell fire.Therefore the sin against The Holy Spirit is to refuse to listen to the plea of the spirit to come to the living God.
Re: The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
olowolekan:

The Holy Spirit pleads with sinners to come to Jesus.God says as "I liveth, I have no pleasure in the death of a sinner but that a sinner should turn and live".Holy Spirit will plead with sinners till they die.Since they (sinners) refused to listen to the Holy spirit,there is no remedy and the result is hell fire.Therefore the sin against The Holy Spirit is to refuse to listen to the plea of the spirit to come to the living God.

Well said. The Holy Spirit is the only One who can convict us of sin, righteousness and judgment to come if we don't believe and obey Him nothing else will convict and convert us and such sins remain unforgiven.
Re: The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? by karo93: 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2010
Jesus spoke of the sin of the holy spirit when he though filled with the holy spirit and bearing his fruits was accused of having a demon in him[matt.12.28]. this means that his accusers were indirectly saying that the fruits of the spirit were same as that of demons.

this is what i THINK to be the sin against the spirit- doubting his authenticity and seeing it to be the same as demons or a fake. as the accusers did.
Re: The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? by charlie11: 12:20am On Dec 29, 2011
Hello guys. before i became a firm believer in jesus. i think i said something bad about a church or it might of been a thought. we where driving down the road if i remember right when this happened. ive not known fully about the lord or the holy spirit. anyway. i said something bad about a church i called them devil worshipers. i remember the day that peace came to me. i felt so happy and peaceful i swear it was the holy spirit. any way i came to the unpardonable sin in the holy bible and bam i was hit with fear. fear ive never experienced in my live. ive been praying about this alot. i know your not god and cant judge me i was just wondering if you think i blasphemed the holy spirit? please respond .

even jesus said something to my extent but he is god so, he said a synagogue of satan in revelations Revelation 2:9 and 3:9.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samen Lee d man wit d no 666 / 13 Top Secrets For A Successful Christian Courtship / Countdown To The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.