Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Share Your Secondary School Memories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Share Your Secondary School Memories (405 Views)

My Life As A Secondary School Teacher Season 1ยป(18+)by Abayomi Oluwafaith / My Sex Story(secondary School Life) / Fragments Of Hidden Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Secondary School Memories by manuelreports: 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
#BackinSecondaryschooldays Share your secondary school experience.

For me my stay in FSTC Awka was a very interesting one as a boarding student. Those days while at prep your mind will be skipping because you don't know the number of cane you will chop before going to bed.

Once it is night time, while in your bed the senior students will Land and be demanding for milk and biscuit. At a time I decided not to come back with provision. If they ask me to open my cupboard, I will gladly do so.

Chai I cannot also forget that Ice cream we use to line up at the canteen to buy. Imagine where you are combining Ice cream with buns or Doughnut. Chai!

What about the dispointment that comes on a Monday morning when you are about to go to Assembly because we only have our Assembly Monday and friday and you notice that your school uniform which you washed and well ironed during the weekend is missing.

O boy na to look for available one and grab and rush to Assembly.
Na so we dey doam those days.

Oh what about those wicked seniors in Borishade and Governors house that will ask you to push an invisible car all through the night. No be small thing.

The dining experience is another thrilling one. Infact I give kudos to the Federal Government, they are really spending a lot of money feeding the students and upon that our school fees is a change to what my friends are paying in private school. Those days you will eat to your satisfaction and you will even hear voices echoing "who want more" trust some gluttonous niggas, they will not mind going for 6th round untill their stomach protrude and the next thing will be to sleep in the Class.

Once you hear dining bell, mehn just grab your spoon and run towards the dining because once it is 30 minutes late mehn that ma Chido with a fearful face will lock the dining and then you will hear people inside the dinning telling you that "Oshogo go" meaning that you have missed out. This is an experience you never want to witness especially on a hot afternoon when you are damn hungry. Chido no get joy but trust us nah, we always have a way of entering through the back kitchen and pacifying the the dreaded Mama Ijeoma, her Excellency of Fedy who is not just an outstanding Chemistry teacher, influential boarding house mistress but also a kitchen and dinning supervisor. If you are close to her you will know she don't have problem but don't step on her toes else she will roast you.

Night Life in Federal was an amazing one. Those days the dining hall was my favourite place. I will sit with with my clique of friends, trust me some of us I mean those one who start noding their head once they open book will be ready to smoke that night. Naughty students!

Where we even get the matches and lighter to carry out such a bad act is what I don't know. May be Unana my friend as the head of stubborn students can tell.

Gradually man Pikin entered Senior secondary and level changed. No more that short, now we are wearing trouser and commanding junior students. "Eeeh come here, take this money, go to canteen and buy ice cream and doughnut for me" Nawa oh see Level. I kept doing this till the day one junior student took my money and disappeared. Money I no see, ice cream I no see.

How to locate him was a difficult task, where will I start from when JSS1 runs from A to F.

Now that we are in Senior Class, level don't change but that does not mean we can't chop cane from the senior guys most especially the guys in SS2. SS3 students are busy with preparation for external exams so have little or no time but SS2 who are warming up to take over will never stop flexing their newly assumed power as the emperors of the dormitory.

Our class then is a wonderful one. If you took first position and relax next term, you will definitely backslide to 12. I can count the No of time one person took first two consecutive times. No wonder most of them now are really doing well in their chosen fields of endeavour.

Chai I can go on and go on and talk about the beautiful, the ugly and sad secondary school experience . But before I continue, let me hear from you.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Memories by Ayemileto(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lol.

I also attended FSTC, but the one in USI-Ekiti.

I remembered those days that I can wear a single school uniform from Monday to Friday.

I will just were blue sweater or overall on it throughout the week, the white shirt will never get dirty

I also remembered how we go on adventure. We'll go deep into the bush looking for Mango and some other fruits.

I also remembered when we were in SS2 and things do get missing in our hostel.

The seniors will keep accusing SS2 students and flogging us for the missing items, until the thief was finally caught. It turned out the thief was an SS3 student all along.

Headboy decided to call meeting, instead of him to simply apologise and let us go, he was busy telling some boring sermons after which he asked us what we should do.

I simply replied, "let us be going". My mates turned down the opinion stating that I'm talking for myself grin

He asked me to go grin Later one of my mates came around to inform me that he didn't know he'll allow me to just go like that, otherwise, he would have said he wants to leave as well.

I also remembered some wicked seniors. Senior Kareem(or Kabiru. Can't remember the exact name) and co. God is watching you ooo grin

There's also lots of other stories, relating to events that happened in the dinning, classrooms etc. but I will stop here for today.

(1) (Reply)

The Plumber - Episode 1 / Obsessed With Writing / The Confession Of A Workaholic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.