Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon (12836 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon / "Desire" By John Mfon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ghost readers, make i no talk. Fresh episode loading. Ghost readers, show love by saying something.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Oluwatimi2000(m): 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
ride on
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by lahrra(f): 12:21am On Jun 24, 2020
I enjoyed every bits of the delicious meal.
Thanks Op.
Pls ooo we want more mouth watering updates.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by lahrra(f): 12:22am On Jun 24, 2020
I feel for the family...So much misfortune in a twinkle of an eye.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by tahir01(m): 3:58am On Jun 24, 2020
Where is the update na
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Dedicated to Deborah Jackson

Episode 7
Valar Morghulis
All Men must die!

Karma, the folks do say, is a bitch!

"Boss we are in big trouble" Hogan rushed into the camp site.
"What the hell is that? Henry asked, mouthful of roasted corn.
"The girls we raped are Chief Edwin's daughters, one is dead and the village is swarming with men on black!" Hogan rapped.
"I hate men on black!" Henry said.
"They will uncover our hideout soon" Hogan said nervously.
"They won't " Henry grabbed another corn from the fire.
"Look up!" Hogan said.
Henry squinted his eyes and tried to look up.
"The sun won't let me!" Henry said.
"Drones are swarming the air, we won't stay hidden for long!".
Henry jerked.
"Chief Edwin is a big man, he has the connections, he'll stop at nothing to unravel the death of his daughter. We are doomed!" Hogan breathed.
"If we had known, we wouldn't have done..."
"Needless crying over spilled milk! We leave at first light tomorrow, but we've one more operation to do tonight. Prepare your weapons!" Henry ordered.
He dialled a number.
"Baros, scan the area, make sure Jerry and Jaime aren't present, we strike tonight".

Kelvin stared at the plate of beans and custard, he hasn't eaten since he recovered. No apetite!
"How is my sister?" He asked a nurse.
"Sorry i don't know your sister!" The nurse passed him.
His Dad moved into the room.
"I hope you're strong!"
"Yes" Kelvin nodded.
"How is Jenny?" Kelvin asked.
"Hmmmmm!"
"We're leaving!" Dad said.
"But we haven't nabbed the criminals!" Kelvin argued.
"Aye! We haven't. I've employed a top security corps to handle the case, we need to get your sister to a good hospital!".
"What of Lucy?" Kelvin asked.
"She is dead!"
"I know!" Kelvin swallowed hard.
"She'll be buried this evening in a private cemetry, be strong son, i swear on my name that I'll do everything in my power to give you and your sister the best in life" Mr. Edwin said.
Kelvin broke into tears.
"I want you to do something in return!" Edwin gritted his teeth.
"Father?"
"Swear to me that you'll stay out of trouble, sweae to me that you'll protect your sister, swear!" Edwin voice broke into sobs.
"I swear it father!"

Three men crept in the wood, silently like ghost.
They moved further until they arrived a fenced compound.
"We need to jump over!" Henry said.
"The fence is high, too high" Hogan said with fright.
"Baros on me! Hogon mount an intel, signal me if you sight anyone on solid ground. Don't shoot, i repeat don't shoot!" Henry said.
He crawled on the ground with Baros until they approached the fence.
It wasn't an easy task but they scaled over.
Baros groaned in pains as he landed on his right leg, he limped after Henry.
Henry retrieved his tools and worked on a window frame, within minutes they successfully lifted it up.
They breathed hard, another strenous task for them. They had to pass through a small window.
Henry leaped, fell, leaped, fell again.
"Damn you!" Henry cursed, he leaped higher and grabbed the lintel.
He forced his body through and fell inside the kitchen.
Baros knew he won't be able to make the climb. He had a fractured leg, which he clunged on.
He limped to a hiding spot and remained still.

"Kelvin please i can't sleep in here alone!" Jennifer pleaded with tears.
"The bed will be too small for us and you know my health won't permit me sleeping on the floor!" Kelvin held her hands.
"I'm afraid of the dark, the five men, the wolf might show up" Jennifer sobbed.
"This hospital is heavily guarded, they are on the run!" Kelvin pecked her.
"Sleep my baby!" Kelvin rubbed her back.
"Don't leave me here alone" Jennifer said.
Kelvin patted her back until he heard her gentle snores, he was also feeling tired and sleepy. He came down slowly from the bed and tiptoed to the door.
"Where are you going?"
He froze in his tracks.
"Jennifer!" He breathed
"We die here!"

"This is five hundred thousand naira, i never knew people could die for money. The woman had more than that but she choose not to bring it out!" Henry rubbed his palms.
"How will we share it?" Baros asked.
"As usual sixty-fourty!" Henry said.
"I hope you didn't hurt her!" Hogan asked.
"I didn't want to, but the woman refused to comply. I just gave one bullet through her laps" Henry said.
"Jaime and Jerry will understand!" Baros nodded.

"You killed my mum and you think I'll understand!" Jerry screamed, finger on trigger as he approached the camp site.
"I can explain!" Henry stood up with outstretched hands.
"If you come further, I'll kill you!" Jerry said.
"Put the gun down!" Henry ordered.
"Says who?"
"Your first man!" Henry said.
"You stopped being my first man when you killed my mum and took her money, you bastard!" Jerry tightened his grip on the gun.
"Why did you robb my mum?" Jerry asked.
"We've been robbing other people's mothers, they never asked question!" Henry shrugged.
Jerry smiled.
"And you killed her?" Jerry asked.
"Jerry you need to stand down!" Baros reasoned.
"I thought you all were my brothers, i thought i could share secret with you all but i never knew you all were back stabbers, you didn't only robbed my mum, you killed her!"
"I didn't shoot to kill" Henry said.
"We have saved over a million, we could leave the country, start life somewhere in Europe" Henry said.
"I'll make sure you start your life in hell!" Jerry fired at Henry, but the latter was swift.
Baros made to run but a bullet from Jerry entered his head, he dropped dead.
Jerry fired at Henry but the tree absorbed most bullets.
Jaime crawled out from the woods directly Henry.
Henry raised his hands in surrender.
"Jerry, let's make him pay! Let's take it slowly" Jaime fired a bullet to Henry's leg.
Henry fell down.
"Jaime!!!!!!!!!!!" Jerry screamed, too late.
Hogan emerged from his hiding point and slit Jaime's throat with a dagger. He grabbed Jaime's gun.
Jerry in rage fired bullet but Hogan used Jaime's body as a shield.
He fired at Jerry, the bullet entered into his stomach.
Jerry knelt down, clutching one hand on his stomach.
"Last man of the ironborns! I'll take the m...."
Jerry with all his strength pulled the trigger, the bullet travelled into Hogan's neck.
They both dropped dead.
Henry watched in horror as blood spilled, his men laid in their own pool of blood.
He stared at his leg, a bullet in his lap bone. He heaved and stood up, with heavy pains he limped towards the money bag. He grabbed it, tore part of the bag and bandaged his wounds albeit, roughly. He stuffed the cash in his backpack and limped out of the forest.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Missmossy(f): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2020
This is captivating well done Noblejohn32 keep it coming!!!
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2020
Missmossy:
This is captivating well done Noblejohn32 keep it coming!!!
Thanks miss
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
lahrra:
Thanks Op.
wink
lahrra:
Thanks Op.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
.Episode 8 Vicar of Truth loading.......
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Ann2012(f): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
Well done OP
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 5:44am On Jun 25, 2020
Ann2012:
Well done OP
Thanks Ann

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 5:46am On Jun 25, 2020
Ghost readers!!! embarassed
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 6:08am On Jun 25, 2020
Episode 8

The Vicar of Truth

Henry fell weakly at the gate of the church, the church his late mother attended, the church his mother forced him to attend.
He held the handle of the gate and with his dwindling strength he pushed it open.
"Where is father?" He screamed in agony.
"Who are you?" a sister rushed to him.
He grabbed the woman on her robe roughly.
"Where is father?" He inquired.
The sister saw pains in the eyes of the dying man.
"He is in the parsonage!" The sister tried to lift him but failed woefully.
Henry groaned and tried to stand on one leg but couldn't .
The Sister on realizing the close distance between herself and Henry retreated and did the sign of the crucifix.
She called other people and they carried Henry to the parsonage.
The Vicar stood in the threshold and squinted his eyes to behold the scene unfolding before him.
"Father this man requested to see you!"
The Vicar moved closer and gasped as reality dawned on him.
"Abasiekeme!" He called.
Henry's eyes popped open, no one had called him that since his mother died.
"Abasiekeme!" The Vicar called.
"Father!" Henry replied with a faint voice.
"Do you need Christ?"
"More than ever!" Henry passed out.
"Heaven rejoices when one sinner turns from iniquities!" The Vicar raised his hands to heaven.
"Take him to the clinic!"

"Father, please let's do the right thing" Doctor Duke said.
The Vicar stared with a blank gaze.
"We need a police report, we can't treat a bullet wound without proper investigation!"
"Duke, that boy is in my care! I'll vouch for him!" The Vicar grimaced.
"But he had a bullet hole, he is a criminal" The Doctor rapped.
"Duke, i don't want to talk about this" The Vicar dismissed him with a wave of hand.
"I came not for the righteous, not the holy ones but the lost sheep of Israel" The Vicar breathed.

"Father don't let them take me to the police!" Henry breathed.
"I'm Doctor Duke, how are you?"
"I feel pains everywhere!"
"You'll be using a pair of crutches for now until your leg completely heals and is strong enough to carry your weight!" The Doctor moved to the door.
"Thankyou!" Henry breathed.
"Don't thank me, thank the Vicar. What i did was unprofessional, it could have my medical license revoked" The Doctor unlocked the door and moved out.
Henry breathed a sigh of relief, but somehow he was scared of the unknown, terrified for what fate had in stock for him.
His eyes searched the room then he lowered his gaze.
He suddenly remembered something. 'The bag of money'.
The door was unlocked.
"Abasiekeme!" The Vicar moved with fatherly love.
"Father!"
"In simple words, tell me what happened".
"I don't know where to start!" Henry sobbed.
"Start somewhere!" The Vigar urged.
"My life is damned, i want to die".
"If you really wanted to die, you would have saved yourself the trouble of coming here! I took a big risk to have that metal removed" The Vicar's voice transformed from soft to hard.
"Father i killed people, I've raped, I've robbed, I've ......" his voice broke into sobs.
"I came to make peace with the master before i kill my self!".
"Then your stupidity continues, you make peace with God, then you commit suicide!".
"Father I'm lost!"
"Eventhough your sins be black as coal, the master can wash it clean.
Though it may be red as blood, the master can wash it clean!" The Vicar soothed.
"What if it smells like shit?"
"Huh?"
"My sins smells like shit!"
"Then the Master will close his nose and walk past you!" The Vicar chuckled. "No sin is more powerful than the ever redeeming blood of the master!".
Henry sobbed.
"Confess! Confess!! Confess!!! The Master is there. Right from birth, he had watched, watched your every steps, knew your motives before you thought about them....."
"He knew my life was going to be damned!"
"Aye! He knew, that's why he made salvation. Abasiekeme this is your salvation" The Vicar placed his hands on his shoulder.
"The other boys died!"
"What boys?"
"My team mates, we had a misunderstanding and we shot death ourselves. Those boys weren't they worthy of salvation?" Henry asked.
"Fate! Destiny!! Two forces that cannot be avoided, two forces that controls the element of life, our life was birthed with an instruction manual, we live our life according to the steps on that manual. They had to die so that your eyes could be opened to the beauty of the truth, the truth that lies in the word of the master!".
Henry cried, he cried, tears of regret, tears of pains. His heart was broken. He soiled the bed with tears.
"Abasiekeme, Heaven has sensed your broken heart!"
"What will i do to be saved?" Henry cried.

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 6:12am On Jun 25, 2020
[color=#550000]fresh episodes loading
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Ann2012(f): 7:47am On Jun 25, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 8:33am On Jun 25, 2020
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
wink
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2020
The Vicar of Truth 2

Henry leapt with his crutches, he looked older than his age, his face was grey with suffering and pains.
The Vicar climbed the altar.
"Can you kneel?"
Henry made to kneel but groaned in pains. With slow, steady and calculated steps he knelt.
"Confess your sins!" The Vicar urged.
"All my sins?"
"Aye! all of them!"
"Master!"
"Call him Jesus!" The Vicar pointed.
"Master Jesus! I'm a beast, my sins are red, not even red, black, if i say I'm a beast, I'm underrating myself. I'm a monster, I'm a dragon, I'm a caterpillar...."
"Boy, go straight to the point".
"That's the point! Right from my birth I've been the king of mischief, i admired the boko-harams, i wanted to be like them. When i was five, i was an expert in making all kinds of paper-guns. In my primary school, i was the chairman of noisemakers. I collected cane twice in every hour.
I urinated inside my mother's pot of soup, and when she chased me i dribbled her till she fell in a gutter filled with mud. I always peep into the bathroom when ladies are bathing, sometimes i steal their pail of water and leave them stranded with soap in their eyes. I bleeped all the females in my compound before the age of thirteen".
"Blood of Jeez!" The Vicar jumped, and folded his hands in disbelief.
"I fought with our landlord and broke his leg, then i stole his wife pants and gave them to my girlfriend. I use to throw stones at cripples, there was a day i stole my neighbour's crutches and left her crying. I stuffed goat shit inside a friend's pot of soup, i did many terrible things. I raped a lady, no two ladies, no six ladies. The first one was a girl of twelve"
"Oshey! You were the devil's PA" The Vicar exclaimed.
"No! I was the devil himself, my sins are beyond count, i can still remember the face of the man, an elderly man that cried when i stole his most treasured okrika rainboot.
I burnt my principal's car when i was in SS3, i poured super glue on a chair and made someone to sit on it. My landlord was a palmwine tapper. I use to steal his wine but one day, he caught me and flogged me to death.
And the following day, i followed him without his knowledge to the swamp. The man kept his ladder and climbed up a tree when he was settled on a branch, i emerged and carried his ladder. The man cried, cursed but i wasn't detered. I told him to jump down, l left him there. I always steal meat from people's trap until one drunk set a trap for me, that day i came as usual to steal from his trap but i never knew there was another trap for me, a bigger trap for a bigger bush meat. The trap clicked on my canvas, and held me stucked. I cried but the man refused to release me. The man was blind, he could only see with the aid of lens. So i sneaked on him and stole his lens while he was in the farm, the man wandered about blindly, he stumbled and fell and knocked three teeths out".
"Clap for yourself" The Vicar said.
"One day i stole goat from the village shrine....."
"It's alright, you little Arrow" The Vicar breathed.
"Let me confess"
"Your confession is making sick in the stomach".
"I was a pain in the ass to everyone around me. I led the most deadly criminal gang in this village, I've caused pains, untold hardship to people. Oh Lord cleanse me of my sins, make me a new creature, purge me oh lord!" Henry sobbed.
"Do you accept Jesus as your lord and savior?"
"I accept him as my lord, i thought 'personal' was always attached to 'saviour'..."
"My friend shattap! Holy mary pardon my tongue. Do you....."
"Yes I've accepted"
"When did you accept?"
"Now!"
"Why not say yes I'm accepting?"
"Yes I'm accepting!"
The Vicar poured a bottle of oil on his head.
"You're now a new creature!"
"Is this groundnut oil?" Henry asked as he felt the sticky substance flowing down.
"Watch your tongue!" The Vicar warned.
"Close your eyes!"
Henry closed his eyes.
"Am i a new creature?"
"Yes old things have passed away, you need to be baptized".
Henry gasped.
"Yea! I'll love it in a swimming pool".
"My friend, you'll be baptized in that otamirimiri river!" The Vicar stepped down the podium.
"Girls do come to bath in that river!" Henry shrugged.
"Are you going there for the girls?"
"But it'll be a distraction!"
The Vicar breathed.
"People like you made Christ to say, if any part of you tries to stop you from entering the kingdom, cut it and throw it away!"
"Huh?"
"Don't make me consider castration, cuz I'll cut that thing off".
"No father! Please don't cut it, i promise i won't ever sniff on the ladies" Henry recoiled.
"Move" The Vicar said.
"Thank God I'm born again!" Henry breathed.

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2020
More episodes loading
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
House, has Henry truly repented? I need to hear from you.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by tahir01(m): 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Henry repent? Not sure.....The next update will tell us more.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by jadeliyi(m): 12:02am On Jun 26, 2020
grin can a leopard change his skin?
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Ann2012(f): 4:59am On Jun 26, 2020
Noblejohn32:
House, has Henry truly repented?
I need to hear from you.

Hmm, I doubt it
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2020
Episode 9

Ironborn, now Born again

8 years later

Henry, cladded in a blue italian suit stood on the stage with his guitar in hand. He smiled as the crowd went wild in excitement.
Tears streamed down his eyes.
Eight years ago felt like a long, long time. He now bagged a degree in anatomy, a musician and an Evangelist. God is good.
He was about leading an orchestra performance in glass house threatre, Ikoyi.
"Before we start, i wanna thank the almight because his mercy surpasses human comprehension, his grace is everlasting. I cry everytime i remember the past, the past was horrifically horrified, the past was terrifically terrified, but now" he breathed.
"I'm born again!"
He plucked the strings of his guitar.
♪You alone are my strength, my shield♪
♪To you alone, may my spirit yield♪
♪You alone are my heart desire♪
♪So i long to worship you♪
The crowd went wild in admiration. The voice, so electrifying, so melodious, so angelic.
"You know what? That desire has been eating me up, the desire to dine, to wine with Christ. The desire to behold him in his beauty. The desire to uphold his name. God is good, none to be compared with him. My past was bad, worst than anyone's past you've ever met, but thankGod I'm ...."
"Born again!" The crowd screamed.
♪ As the deer panteth for the water♪
♪ So my soul longeth after Thee ♪
♪You alone are my heart's desire ♪
♪And I long to worship Thee♪

♪ You're my friend ♪
♪And You are my brother ♪
♪Even though You are a King ♪
♪I love You more than any other ♪,
♪So much more than anything I want♪

♪ You more than gold or silver ♪
♪Only You can satisfy♪
♪You alone are the real joy giver ♪
♪And the apple of my eye♪

Eyes closed, He pulled the strings and brought down Heaven, his voice reverberated round the hall.
The crowd was lost in euphoria.
They were drunk in the exalted fumes of the spirit.
The other instrumentalist tuned in, alas, the hall was lifted.
Henry looked up, saw the smoke, the brilliant, white,immaculate smoke. He saw the angels in matching robe, hovering round, feasting on the fumes of praise. He felt the walls of the threatre vibrate.
He closed his eyes, still into the tune of the song, he fired 'his presence his here by the potters choir'.
The melodious pitch, the crescendo sustained by the Vocalist drove the hall with rage.
The rage in spirit.
Henry plucked the strings like mad, the spirit is here!
"Have you ever imagined a life without the spirit, such life isn't worth living. There is optimum satisfaction when you walk with the Lord, side by side each passing day". Henry breathed.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2020
jadeliyi:
grin can a leopard change his skin?
Yea, some leopards do change.
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 10:11am On Jun 27, 2020
Episode 10
Lucifer and Jennifer

Fate, a presumed cause, force, principle or divine will that predetermines event. The world is spherical, albeit a rotational sequence of activities, a circular motion of circumstances that spins. You run from a problem here, it meets you there. So is life, a sequence of rotational difficulties.

Kelvin drove his toyota sedan into an estate, he waved past the gateman and guided his car into the park.
"Wait here for me, let me get something from a friend" Kelvin whispered.
"I'll come with you" Jennifer said and unbuckled her seat belt.
"I won't tarry!" Kelvin reduced the volume of the sound system.
"That's what you say everytime, you go in to meet your female client!"
"I'm not meeting any female, i want to get a file from a colleague, a male".
"Last time you left me in the car and spent over an hour with a colleague!" Jennifer deadpanned.
"I apologised, didn't i?" Kelvin sighed.
"You apologised, but that won't stop the act, is this how you'll treat your wife?" Jennifer sniggered.
Kelvin muttered incoherent words and alighted from the vehicle.
Jennifer followed suit.
"Maybe, you should follow me inside to see if... "
"I'll wait outside, if you dare waste my time....."
"Am i your bodyguard?" Kelvin raised his hands up.
"Yes you are!" Jennifer chuckled.
Kelvin cursed under his breath and walked past her.
"Waist my time and Dad will have your head for dinner!" Jennifer said.

Jennifer took some time to admire the architectural design of the building exterior. She marched round, in a bid to tour round when a voice distracted her. A familiar voice.
She stoped, dazed by the voice. Soon she forgot about Kelvin, forgot about her troubles and began moving towards the direction of the voice.

Master the billows is raging♪
♪the storm is tossing by♪
♪the skies is o'er shadowed with darkness♪
♪No helper is near♪
♪Careth thou not that we perish♪
♪How can thou lie and sleep♪
♪When each moment so glad is threatening♪
♪No helper on earth is near♪
♪The wind and seas shall obey thy will♪
♪Peace be still♪
♪Peace be still♪
♪Neither the wind and the storm tossed sea♪
♪or demon or men or what e'r it be♪
♪No water can swallow the ship where lies♪
♪The master of ocean and earth and skies♪
♪They all shall sweetly obey my will♪
♪Peace be still

Jennifer breathed in admiration as she saw the handsome creature with a guitar, eyes closed, singing with the voice of an angel.
She leaned on a rail and watched him, that voice was spectacular, she knew she had heard that voice somewhere.

He paused, his instinct nudged him, someone was staring. He opened his eyes.

"Ehmm" Jennifer scratched a scalp in her hair. She lost her composure for a while.
"Sorry for staring, i just enjoyed the song, and the way you ministered" Jennifer smiled then maintained a straight face.
Henry just kept on staring.
It is akward.
"I'm Jennifer" She said.
Henry kept on staring.
Jennifer strapped her bag and turned to leave.
Henry gave himself a mental knock.
"Don't go" He called back.
"It is not everyday i get to see an angel, and when i see one, i can die staring" Henry smiled, then made a straight face when he noticed Jennifer wasn't smiling.
"Good God! I was expecting you to say 'awwwwwn I'm blushing' or 'awwwwn don't flatter me' that's the normal girl's cliche" Henry cajoled.
"I'm not 'the normal girl'!" Jennifer sighed.
"Bad timing!" Henry muttered to himself.
"I'm Henry!" He stretched his hands.
Jennifer took it albeit, reluctantly.
They just remained still, speechless, each lost in thought.

"Jenny, time for dinner!" Kelvin halfscreamed, as he descended a flight of stairs.
Jennifer breathed in relief.
"Thanks for saving the moment! I've never felt so stupid in my life!" Henry smiled.
"I'm Henry!" He stretched his hands.
"Compliment! I'm Kelvin!"
"What are you complimenting me for?" Henry rubbed his palms together.
Kelvin shrugged.
"Your girlfriend is beautiful, the word beautiful is no good adjective to describe her" Henry flashed his dentition towards Jennifer but the later eyeballed him coldly.
"She is my junior sister!" Kelvin held her hand.
Phew!!!
"For once i thought you guys were couples, that means i stand a chance!"
"Chance of what?" Jennifer deadpaned.
Kelvin moved further and whispered.
"If i were you, i wouldn't have my hopes so high".
Jennifer dragged Kelvin.
"I'm hungry let's leave" Jennifer made a puppy face.
Kelvin nodded at Henry and moved to his car.

Henry immediately raced to where he parked his power bike.
"Shit" he cursed as he remembered his guitar strapped to his back. He adjusted it, ignited the engine,wore his helment and rode closely, following Kelvin's car.
Old habit sometimes die hard!

"First City Monument Bank" Henry called out. The previous day he had trailed Kelvin's car and discovered their residence.
He left home early enough and trailed Jennifer to her work station.
He had barely five minutes to get home and prepare for work.
He ignited the engine, put on his helment and raced on a very high speed.

Fifteen minutes later, he raced into the premises of the organization he worked. He worked as a health research officer for a private health agency.
His arrival was always noticed because of his bike. He removed his helment, strapped it to his bike and marched in.

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
We have five more episodes to wrap up this novella. I need feedback from the audience!!!!
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by tahir01(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
Will Jennifer be able to forgive Henry? Loving the turn of event. More update pls
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 6:33am On Jun 28, 2020
tahir01:
Will Jennifer be able to forgive Henry? Loving the turn of event. More update pls
More on the way
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Ann2012(f): 7:57am On Jun 28, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by Noblejohn32(m): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2020
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon by jadeliyi(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2020
this sentence " old habit sometimes die hard " sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chigozie Obioma's 'The Fishermen' Listed For 2015 Man Booker Prize / Sins Of My Parents / The Current Most Celebrated African Author

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.