Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

You Have A Call From God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Have A Call From God (187 Views)

Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? / How Do I Know If The Words Am Hearing In My Head Is From God? / Tithe Controversy: Not Tithing Does Not Attract Any Curse From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Have A Call From God by Ubongdemaga: 12:56am On Jun 21, 2020
Good morning fellow Christians in the house. I have this boring issue about God's calling. How would one knw God is calling him? As a Christian i normally go to some spiritual churches ,but my aim of going there to seek for solution to my problems is always defeated. I hav gone to 6 prophets and they will tell me i hav a call to serve God but to me this is the last thing i will ever consider doing. I believe in God but not too going to church. I hav'nt had any personal encounter with God or Jesus. My question is what are the things i need 2 look out for to knw if am truly called by God. I don't want to rely on prophesy telling me u hav a call.
Re: You Have A Call From God by Kobojunkie: 3:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Ubongdemaga:
Good morning fellow Christians in the house. I have this boring issue about God's calling. How would one knw God is calling him? As a Christian i normally go to some spiritual churches ,but my aim of going there to seek for solution to my problems is always defeated. I hav gone to 6 prophets and they will tell me i hav a call to serve God but to me this is the last thing i will ever consider doing. I believe in God but not too going to church. I hav'nt had any personal encounter with God or Jesus. My question is what are the things i need 2 look out for to knw if am truly called by God. I don't want to rely on prophesy telling me u hav a call.
First of all, all followers of Christ are called to obedience to Christ's commands. So when a so-called prophet tells you that you have a call to serve God, ask for specifics, or understand you are likely dealing with a false prophet. If you have read the book of Acts of the apostles, you will note that the prophets who warned Paul on his way to Rome by Jerusalem, all followers of Christ, didn't simply state they had a prophecy for Paul, but they also gave specifics. Now, Paul, on the other hand, knew that these prophecies were set up to test Him, went ahead to Jerusalem, and eventually to Rome as described by the Christian Prophets.

Second, a "spiritual" church that does not teach you of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ, and the need to obey His commandments as stipulated in the gospels, is a "spiritual" church by name only.

Fortunately, God has not called us to church attendance. Matter of fact, God does not live in structures built by men, and He certainly does not live with those who teach and follow the doctrines and ways of men.

You are called by God, otherwise, you would not be here asking about it. To know God, you need to understand the rules according to God. God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, and if you are diligent, you will find Him, since He is already tugging at you. You just have to decide how deep the rabbit hole you want to go. grin

Where would I recommend you start? Start by learning who God truly is. His promises, Who He is to His people, and What He wants. I recommend asking Him directly and then picking up an easy-to-read translation of the bible which I believe you should be comfortable with, comprehension-wise. The worst thing you can do is fall into the same trap that many church-going Christians fall deep into, and that is letting their egos read the Bible with them. Read on to honestly learn from God almighty about who He is.

Jesus Christ is the Covenant of God for all the world, and that is the covenant you need to be making with God through Jesus Christ. Read through the gospels(I love Matthew), as many times as you need to understand who Jesus Christ is, the covenant He brought, His commandments, Blessings, eligibility criteria, etc. He is the one you need to sign up for (not the old Covenant).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Big Fish. / Weechigha Ego Nigeria Iji ! / How To Escape Deception Of The Devil And Religious Men/Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.