Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews (32090 Views)

What You Should Know About Some Interviews / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / 5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:12am On Sep 15, 2020
JOpress3:
Patience
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2020
JOpress3:
#1. Poor Arrangement of information in CV
87 % of the 50 Cv i worked on, has poor arrangement information in their CV. This sets of applicants did not understand the principle of strength and weakness. So, how can they tackle this problem?.

Consider SWOT analysis. According to Wikipedia, “SWOT analysis is a Strategic Planning techniques used to help a person or organization identify Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats related to business competition or project planning”. No doubt you have competition in the labour market, in that job you wish to apply for. Therefore, it is your duty to identify your SWOT and position them to your advantage, if you must be ahead of your competitors.

So, what information can be classified your Strength or Opportunity, Weakness or Threats? For me, Information such as, Added academic qualification (Phd,Msc,MBa,Phd etc), Additional Certifications, Big brand Work Experience, and your achievements, will stand as my strength and opportunities. And, I will position them in my first page. While, information such as Personal data (Date of birth; where you are above the age in an advertised job, Your Marital Status, State of origin etc.) will be considered my Weakness and Threats and i will relocate them to the behind pages.

The idea is, you position your strength and opportunities in your first page so that they attract attention of your potential employers.
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
JOpress3:
#2 Address of Residence
Common sense is not common practice, as basic as address of residence is, it has denied about 95% of applicants opportunities of getting their desired job.

Time has really change things, the days when most employers will recruit new employee from any part of the country and provide free accommodation for 3 months, to help you settle down, have gone down the drains. The Market forces of demand and supply has change every thing, the Number of graduate Supplied into the labour market far exceed the available jobs in demand. And, it has given Employers a lot of choice to choose from and they enjoy it a lot, because it created avenue to cut cost to its minimum.

These days, for example, let’s say an employer in Lagos need 50 qualified graduates, she can get all the 50 graduates in Lagos alone, in a day, anytime she places a vacancy advertisement. These is definitely a problem for an applicant, whose address of residence is not Lagos state, the same for Employers in Portharcourt and Abuja, considered to be job hub in these country. Applicants need to be dynamic in approach.

How do you tackle this challenge if you reside outside these three states(Lagos, Portharcourt, & Abuja)? Its very simple, for example, let’s say you reside in Benin and you find a job vacancy in portharcourt that you meet the requirements, ask yourself, did I have relations or friends in portharcourt, if yes, put a call immediately to them explain clearly the situation at hand, ask for their address and replace it with yours in your CV before you apply. When you get the job sort yourself out.
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 7:03am On Sep 20, 2020
JOpress3:
The benefits
become indispensable
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 7:04am On Sep 20, 2020
JOpress3:
The benefits
priceless
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:15am On Sep 22, 2020
JOpress3:
You can share your ideas
Attentive to details
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by Ggurl1(f): 5:27am On Sep 22, 2020
Did you know that some colours can naturally put off your interviewer?

Have you ever gone for an interview where you felt you performed well but you never got called
back?
It could just be the colour you wore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeuhoeS9Tb8
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:44am On Sep 23, 2020
JOpress3:
We will look at Your Skills set
Adaptable
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:47am On Sep 23, 2020
JOpress3:
Fast Learning
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
JOpress3:
charismatic
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
JOpress3:
You can share your ideas
Persistent
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
JOpress3:
Optimistic
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:39am On Sep 26, 2020
[url][/url]
JOpress3:
Interdependent
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
JOpress3:
Bold
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:08am On Sep 27, 2020
JOpress3:
Meticulous
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
JOpress3:
You can share your ideas
positive thinking
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
JOpress3:
Team Leadership
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:28am On Sep 29, 2020
JOpress3:
You can share your ideas
Empathy
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 4:08am On Oct 01, 2020
JOpress3:
You can share your ideas
dexterity
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2020
JOpress3:
Go-getter
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by Manpar: 6:45am On Oct 02, 2020
How do I get a cover letter, if I need one?? cos I've been unemployed since last 4years. Pls help!!
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2020
JOpress3:
Mature
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:05am On Oct 03, 2020
JOpress3:
You can share your ideas
Team Management
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:06am On Oct 03, 2020
JOpress3:
Team Management
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
JOpress3:
Attentive to details
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
JOpress3:
Organizational skills
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 5:04am On Oct 04, 2020
JOpress3:
Team Leadership
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
JOpress3:
Hardworking
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 8:18am On Oct 06, 2020
JOpress3:
Negotiations
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
JOpress3:
Self-Motivated
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 4:42am On Oct 08, 2020
JOpress3:
Energetic
Re: Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews by JOpress3: 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
JOpress3:
Active

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Before You Resign, See This!!! / House Help Caught With Charms 3 Days After Resuming Work In Lagos (Photos) / Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.