Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Toronto Police Officer, Bassey Osagie Condemns Oshiomhole's Legacy In Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Toronto Police Officer, Bassey Osagie Condemns Oshiomhole's Legacy In Edo State (514 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah: 80% Of Igbo Derive Their Wealth From Tinubu’s Legacy In Lagos / Mohammad Jamiu Is Governor Yahaya Bello’s Greatest Legacy In Kogi - Eunice Agada / Wike And Oshiomhole Clash At Eric Osagie's “The Big Interviews" Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toronto Police Officer, Bassey Osagie Condemns Oshiomhole's Legacy In Edo State by BiggyBamBam: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfy7K43LTww

BASSEY OSAGIE: "YOU DON'T BRING A FOREIGNER TO YOUR MIDST TO BECOME THE HEAD, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY, WHEN YOU PASS-ON, OSHIOMOLE WILL BE BURIED AMONG HIS PEOPLE, HE'S GOING TO LIVE AMONGST HIS PEOPLE. OSHIOMOLE DOES NOT HAVE A BIG HOUSE IN BENIN. HE HAS THEM IN HIS VILLAGE IN AUCHI. OSHIOMOLE HAS A BIG SCHOOL IN AUCHI NOT BENIN, SO HE IS NOT ONE OF US. I WILL NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT REPRESENT US, THAT DOES NOT REPRESENT OUR CULTURAL HERITAGE TO COME IN BETWEEN US AND DIVIDE US. WHAT I AM APPEALING TO THE EDOS IN DIASPORA..." I was flabbergasted to wonder how ignorant this guy is, hence I stopped watching this .

I find these words so offensive and way out of line!

In as much as I dislike Oshiomole and what he stands for lately, I believe you are one of the people who are tribalistic; yet you live in a society where you should be learned and exposed (Canada). How can you say someone other than someone from Edo/Bini person is "... not one of us". Who are you to decide who is "...not one of us?" You should go read your history or tell someone to inform you. Maybe your living in Canada is something that deceives you. I am a proper 100% Edo State indigene, from Owan-East LGA, who lives in the USA! I believe you went to Canada but it seems Canada has not passed through you!

So, could you please tell me where I come from, if I am not an Edo person? You believe Governors must come from Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Oredo, Oredo, Orhionmwon, Ovia North-East, Ovia South-West & Uhunmwonde. Could you also tell me where Akoko Edo, Esan Central, Esan North-East, Esan South-East, Esan West, Etsako Central, Etsako East, Etsako West, Igueben, Irrua, Owan East, & Owan West come in?

Are you advocating that other indigenes should not be the Governors because they come from Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Oredo, Oredo, Orhionmwon, Ovia North-East, Ovia South-West & Uhunmwonde?

Before Bendel State, we had
Professor Ambrose Folorunsho Alli - Esan Central, Esan North-East, Esan South-East, & Esan West
Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia.- Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Oredo, Oredo, Orhionmwon, Ovia North-East, Ovia South-West & Uhunmwonde

Since 1992, we've had governors five Civilian Governors;
Chief John E.K. Odigie Oyegun
Chief Lucky Igbinedion
Professor Oserheimen Osunbor
Comrade Adams A. Oshiomhole
Mr. Godwin Obaseki

Lets go through the LGAs:
Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Oredo, Oredo, Orhionmwon, Ovia North-East, Ovia South-West & Uhunmwonde
Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia.
Chief John E.K. Odigie Oyegun
Chief Lucky Igbinedion
Mr. Godwin Obaseki

Professor Oserheimen Osunbor - Esan Central, Esan North-East, Esan South-East, & Esan West
Comrade Adams A. Oshiomhole - Etsako Central, Etsako East, & Etsako West

Owan-East & Owan-West - NIL

When you say :...not one of us" smacks of irresponsibility. You should retrace your steps and know who is who.

Lastly, no one can tell their burial place, it is a pride to have his houses built in the village because it is better than those who have theirs in Lagos, Dubai or even in Canada and remember, where did Lucky Igbinedion build Edo State Polytechnic, Where did Ambrose Alli build AAU? Where did Oshiomole build Edo University? Are these not legacy establishments to say "at least I brought this school to my village?"

EDOS ARE ONE! Be it Akoko Edo, Egor, Esan Central, Esan North-East, Esan South-East, Esan West, Etsako Central, Etsako East, Etsako West, Igueben, Ikpoba Okha, Irrua, Oredo, Orhionmwon, Ovia North-East, Ovia South-West, Owan East, Owan West, & Uhunmwonde.

Man, you have to grow up!

God bless Mr. Godwin Obaseki!
God bless Edo State!!
God bless the PDP!!!
Re: Toronto Police Officer, Bassey Osagie Condemns Oshiomhole's Legacy In Edo State by godkiller(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2020
Very funny though.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Toronto Police Officer, Bassey Osagie Condemns Oshiomhole's Legacy In Edo State by youthsinitiativ(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2020
The dude is a disgrace to the Canadian police and true born Edos in diaspora and at home.

He classically brings to reality the saying that " even if you carry monkey, wear am suit, send am go America, e go still come back as monkey".

This one sef go dey complain about Buhari oh.

Idiot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IMF Rejects Nigeria's Aggressive Tax Measures, Seeks Supportive Policy / Edo Market Women Association Stand Solidly With Governor Obaseki In Benin / And They Have Stopped Calling Arewa Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.