Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 (1752 Views)

APC Leaders Demand End To Saraki's CCT Travail / Northern Leaders Demand Pardon For Boko Haram / Northern Leaders Demand Amnesty For Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by aljharem(m): 5:45am On Jan 28, 2011
SOME Southeast leaders rose yesterday from a meeting in Abuja, pushing for an Igbo President in 2015.

Besides, they condemned what they described as the pull-him down syndrome, which they said was rampant in the zone.

The Chairman of the Forum and former governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, told reporters that the body was doing something to stem the tide.

Ezeife noted that though the problems which most top Igbo political office holders faced nationally were "very shameful". He said that they were fuelled by external forces who, according to him, want to create the impression that the Southeast could not be trusted with top leadership positions.

The Igbo leader, however, reiterated the group’s support for President Goodluck Jonathan in the April election, but maintained that an Igbo president must rule Nigeria in 2015.

Ezeife noted that the clamour for Igbo presidency is "a moral issue and therefore not negotiable".

"It will be unfair not to accord us that privilege. A Southeasterner ruled this country for only six months and after he was killed, his kith and kin were massacred in large numbers thereafter," he said.

On the forced resignation of the former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, Ezeife explained that Nwodo and Enugu State Governor Sullivan Chime pretended to have accepted the peace moves to resolve the crisis, but that Nwodo’s resignation was externally influenced.

"Our problems are self-inflicted. Give us three months to begin to see new things and answers to agitations that the people from our zone make. We are working on it and things will change I can assure you," he said.

On the presidential election, Ezeife said: "We are putting all our eggs in one basket for Jonathan because since after the Civil War, all the governments ignored all the roads and other federal facilities in the zone.

"For Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to have received our support, to have emerged in the national convention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), we have hope that all the roads in all parts of the country will be fixed because it will benefit our people who are found in large numbers everywhere.

The apex Igbo organisation, Ohana’eze Ndigbo which unequivocally endorsed the candidacy of President Jonathan for the 2011Presidential election and have been working for his success.

At the meeting were Prof Ihechukwu Madubuike, Eze M.O. Kanu, Senator Sylvanus Ngele, Igwe Ofoebe; Comrade Peace Obiajulu; Eze Igbo Ibe Nwosu; Hon. Agunwa Anekwe, Dr. Ifedi Okwenna; Dr. Kanayo Okoye and Eze Ambassador Longinus Udogwu.

Others are: Ochigbo George, Dr. Caliiben Okonkwo, Mr Aleto Maxwell, Eugene Anekwe and Magnus Ibe.
[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/thumbnail.php?file=Southeast_Leaders_212798723.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/26112.html
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 6:03am On Jan 28, 2011
alj harem:

SOME Southeast leaders rose yesterday from a meeting in Abuja, pushing for an Igbo President in 2015.

Besides, they condemned what they described as the pull-him down syndrome, which they said was rampant in the zone.

The Chairman of the Forum and former governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, told reporters that the body was doing something to stem the tide.

Ezeife noted that though the problems which most top Igbo political office holders faced nationally were "very shameful". He said that they were fuelled by external forces who, according to him, want to create the impression that the Southeast could not be trusted with top leadership positions.

The Igbo leader, however, reiterated the group’s support for President Goodluck Jonathan in the April election, but maintained that an Igbo president must rule Nigeria in 2015.

Ezeife noted that the clamour for Igbo presidency is "a moral issue and therefore not negotiable".

"It will be unfair not to accord us that privilege. A Southeasterner ruled this country for only six months and after he was killed, his kith and kin were massacred in large numbers thereafter," he said.

On the forced resignation of the former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, Ezeife explained that Nwodo and Enugu State Governor Sullivan Chime pretended to have accepted the peace moves to resolve the crisis, but that Nwodo’s resignation was externally influenced.

"Our problems are self-inflicted. Give us three months to begin to see new things and answers to agitations that the people from our zone make. We are working on it and things will change I can assure you," he said.

On the presidential election, Ezeife said: "We are putting all our eggs in one basket for Jonathan because since after the Civil War, all the governments ignored all the roads and other federal facilities in the zone.

"For Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to have received our support, to have emerged in the national convention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), we have hope that all the roads in all parts of the country will be fixed because it will benefit our people who are found in large numbers everywhere.

The apex Igbo organisation, Ohana’eze Ndigbo which unequivocally endorsed the candidacy of President Jonathan for the 2011Presidential election and have been working for his success.

At the meeting were Prof Ihechukwu Madubuike, Eze M.O. Kanu, Senator Sylvanus Ngele, Igwe Ofoebe; Comrade Peace Obiajulu; Eze Igbo Ibe Nwosu; Hon. Agunwa Anekwe, Dr. Ifedi Okwenna; Dr. Kanayo Okoye and Eze Ambassador Longinus Udogwu.

Others are: Ochigbo George, Dr. Caliiben Okonkwo, Mr Aleto Maxwell, Eugene Anekwe and Magnus Ibe.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/26112.html

I was reasoning with the story till the massacre rewrite. How do you claim victim when your own people overthrew the government, slaughtered other people including defenseless pregnant women and the head of state played tribalism and refused to do anything to the perpetrators/His kinfolks, There's always a reaction waiting to challenge every action. Obviously, ibo people never learn their lesson.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 28, 2011
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Chyz2: 6:08am On Jan 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

I was reasoning with the story till the massacre rewrite. How do you claim victim when your own people overthrew the government, slaughtered other people including defenseless pregnant women and the head of state played tribalism and refused to do anything to the perpetrators/His kinfolks, There's always a reaction waiting to challenge every action. Obviously, ibo people never learn their lesson.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:10am On Jan 28, 2011
They are in no position to make demands of anyone. Simple as that.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

They are in no position to make demands of anyone. Simple as that.
Actually, as a major group. . . . if the country still operates on Zoning, then they ought to demand.

If Nigeria was dealing with free and fair election, then you can say that.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 6:15am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Where did you get your information from? The yorubas slaughtered the people of Odi didn't they?The yorubas stop other tribes from entering top positions in oil firms.Yet you all claim angel and innocence.Hypocrites.

Go learn your history and holla back,
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by silami(m): 6:17am On Jan 28, 2011
Day dreaming, wake up when u finish supporting GEJ
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Chyz2: 6:18am On Jan 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Go learn your history and holla back,

No since you know history that much you write it down now so we can learn.nonsense.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 6:21am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

No since you know history that much you write it down now so we can learn.nonsense.

Sorry, I'm not about to do your job for you. Don't be lazy, get some Nigerian history book and read for your own good.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 6:24am On Jan 28, 2011
Some Igbo leaders have finally awakened. Too bad it is too late unfortunately. Where were you all when we needed you? Thanks but no thanks.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Chyz2: 6:25am On Jan 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Sorry, I'm not about to do your job for you. Don't be lazy, get some Nigerian history book and read for your own good.

Sorry, this is something totally different from what i read in history so elaborate.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 6:27am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Sorry, this is something totally different from what i read in history so elaborate.

Share with us what you read and let's take it from there.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:27am On Jan 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Actually, as a major group. . . . if the country still operates on Zoning, then they ought to demand.

If Nigeria was dealing with free and fair election, then you can say that.

Zoning has been broken by GEJ. Tossed out the window. So nobody can demand anything to be zoned to them.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Chyz2: 6:28am On Jan 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Share with us what you read and let's take it from there.

Elaborate on what you said.Lets get this nonsense out of the way.You talk too much and loosely.Explain what you meant by that post.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by aljharem(m): 6:29am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Zoning has been broken by GEJ. Tossed out the window. So nobody can demand anything to be zoned to them.

gbamm gbamm gbammm angry

good one
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Zoning has deleted in paper, but not deleted in mind. Until true democracy reigns, until free and fair AND SAFE elections start, zoning will still be etched in their mind.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by ekubear1: 6:35am On Jan 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Zoning has deleted in paper, but not deleted in mind. Until true democracy reigns, until free and fair AND SAFE elections start, zoning will still be etched in their mind.

Fine and well. But how exactly do you convince others to zone you the presidency in 2015?

Who even says that GEJ wants to step down then?

2019 is more realistic. But even then, if zoning is back in force, then why would it be zoned to the SE instead of the north?

Where will they get the support from?
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 6:42am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Elaborate on what you said.Lets get this nonsense out of the way.You talk too much and loosely.Explain what you meant by that post.

Chyz*:

Ok, some ibo people in the military trough a coup killed many military and political leaders from other parts of the country and didn't touch any ibo military or political leaders.

While we all know the standard and universal punishment for what they did is execution, but the new ibo head of state via tribalism let them go, he didn't even slap them on the wrist. It wasn't only a miscarriage of justice, it was a slap in the face and total lack of respect for the dead.

The Northerners felt aggrieved and carried out their on bloodbath, the same bloodbath they referenced in the article while conveniently leaving out what led to the bloodbath and the part ibo people played.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 28, 2011
eku_bear:

Fine and well. But how exactly do you convince others to zone you the presidency in 2015?

Who even says that GEJ wants to step down then?

2019 is more realistic. But even then, if zoning is back in force, then why would it be zoned to the SE instead of the north?

Where will they get the support from?

If we still mentally operate on zoning (even if it's not on paper), then they ought to demand.

But if next election is free and fair, then ready or not, Jonathan needs to step down. If he wants to re campaign again, fine!

As for support, you know the Yorubas would rather vote for the Northerner than the Igbos. Which is not right. As for support, if the candidate is proficient enough, then he'll be supported. So many IFs.

I'm off to bed, sweet. Got a meeting tomorrow morning, enjoy omo Ekiti Kete!
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Chyz2: 6:50am On Jan 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Ok, some ibo people in the military trough a coup killed many military and political leaders from other parts of the country and didn't touch any ibo military or political leaders.

While we all know the standard and universal punishment for what they did is execution, but the new ibo head of state via tribalism let them go, he didn't even slap them on the wrist. It wasn't only a miscarriage of justice, it was a slap in the face and total lack of respect for the dead.

The Northerners felt aggrieved and carried out their on bloodbath, the same bloodbath they referenced in the article while conveniently leaving out what led to the bloodbath and the part ibo people played.

Is this the nonsense that your father told you? lol. I'm not even going to get into it with you because clearly you make no sense and thisw has been discussed many times over. lol @ "some ibo people in the military" grin
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Rhino5dm: 6:53am On Jan 28, 2011
You cant eat your cake and still have it. Meet at the after party! Welcome to the year 2027 grin grin grin
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 6:57am On Jan 28, 2011
Chyz*:

Is this the nonsense that your father told you? lol. I'm not even going to get into it with you because clearly you make no sense and thisw has been discussed many times over. lol @ "some ibo people in the military" grin

It's not what my father told me, it's what's in your history books, same history books you're too lazy to read or tribalism is preventing you from comprehending.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 6:59am On Jan 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

You cant eat your cake and still have it. Meet at the after party! Welcome to the year 2027 grin grin grin

And when will the Yorubas get it? 2050?
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by kcjazz(m): 7:02am On Jan 28, 2011
Some of this elders have benefited from the same problems that has affected the SE. I would have preferred them to say SE LEADERS DEMANDS ONITSHA-OWERRI ROAD REPAIRED FINALLY, not this baseless demands/headline that shows itself every election years. smh
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 7:03am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Obviously, Yoruba people are not the ones crying and whining for it.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Chyz2: 7:07am On Jan 28, 2011
kcjazz:

Some of this elders have benefited from the same problems that has affected the SE. I would have preferred them to say SE LEADERS DEMANDS ONITSHA-OWERRI ROAD REPAIRED FINALLY, not this baseless demands/headline that shows itself every election years. smh

Thank you.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by Rhino5dm: 7:08am On Jan 28, 2011
Have they left?? by extension covertly and overtly OBJ is still running the show. so why bother with when are they going to be back when they are still clutching to it.

EzeUche_:

Ibos are magnificent individually, but as a group the fall easily like pack of woods. sadly but truth.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by ekubear1: 7:08am On Jan 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Obviously, Yoruba people are not the ones crying and whining for it.

For us, getting the presidency isn't a must. For ya'll, that appears to be the case.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by 9javoice1(m): 7:10am On Jan 28, 2011
i think its time to grow up. i get disported with so many writeups here, knowing fully well that this writeups are coming from our brilliant minds in Diaspora. I know fully well that if Nigeria becomes good today many of us living abroad will come back home.
 take it this way what is the hope of and itshekiri,edo,uhrobo,igala,berom etc all other minority in a Nigeria like this one? lets tell ourself the truth even me and you that has poor back ground can never have a head way in a Nigeria such as this one.  How do you all feel when you see some intelligent person from minority languishing because of coming from a minority tribe in Nigeria.
What has all the almajiri's benefited from the alhaji's that uses them at will? Tell me what the intelligent Yoruba's doing abroad while they have home? what are these productive igbo's doing in someone's land while they have a home?
We are all here saying igbo this and that , yoruba this and that, while my future and yours are been gambled for it.
I THINKS ITS TIME TO GO FOR A CREDIBLE candidate in Nigeria no matter the zone he hails from. Thanks.
then our economy grow,we then will have respect outside world and there will be hope for children and happiness will reign
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Have they left?? by extension covertly and overtly OBJ is still running the show. so why bother with when are they going to be back when they are still clutching to it.

Ibos are magnificent individually, but as a group the fall easily like pack of woods. sadly but truth.

Tell that to my ancestors who were the last to fall to the British. And gave them them a lot of heart ache. I am pretty sure they did not fall easily like a pack of woods compared to the other groups.

Nor did Biafra fall easily.
Re: Southeast Leaders Demand Igbo President In 2015 by EkoIle1: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2011
EzeUche_:

Tell that to my ancestors who were the last to fall to the British. And gave them them a lot of heart ache. I am pretty sure they did not fall easily like a pack of woods compared to the other groups.

Nor did Biafra fall easily.

How easy you want make e get after your warlord pick race and run comot from battle field?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to Complain to BBC about Racist Panelist On Bbc Newsnight (UK Riots) / Pastor Tunde Bakare Arrested? / EFCC Releases A List Of The 1st Batch Of Alleged Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.