Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria (16890 Views)

Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies / FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany / AMCON Takes Over Sen Abdulfatai Buhari’s Houses For ₦600m Loan Default (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Xano(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2020
olugabbie:

It is obvious you didn't read the post.
It listed the 11 projects financed with the $3.121 billion Chinese loans as the Nigerian Railway Modernization Project (Idu-Kaduna section), Abuja Light Rail Project, Nigerian Four Airport Terminals Expansion Project (Abuja, Kano, Lagos and Port Harcourt), Nigerian Railway Modernization Project (Lagos-Ibadan section) and Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Abuja – Keffi- Makurdi Road Project.

Search "China debt trap". Chinese company is in charge of Lekki free trade zone.

There are countries that lost financial and security control of their seaports, large arches of land to estates and fertile lands to farm for agricultural exports to China, parts of their electrical grid to Chinese control.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Magspremium: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2020
MAGS PREMIUMS is a leading corporate gift supplier in Malaysia, you can depend on us to provide you with an exclusive range of products that can be used as a corporate gift, premium gifts, door gifts, souvenir gifts, promotional gift and business gift. All of our products can be printed with company logos, brands, messages and any other designs.

When it comes to customized corporate gifts, we are the undisputed leader. We have worked with large MNCs as well as SMEs. We offer customized premium gifts that cater to all events and functions, ensuring that the highest quality level is met at every stage of the business process. We are here to custom made promotional gifts that can be used to help businesses to increase their brand awareness.

For more info click link below:

https://www.magspremiums.com/
https://nonwovenbagmalaysia.com.my/bag-catalog/
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by lomprico(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2020
cos there are no projects for them to even take over. except they take over the bank accounts of where these monies were looted to.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Goldencheese(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2020
olugabbie:

It is obvious you didn't read the post.
It listed the 11 projects financed with the $3.121 billion Chinese loans as the Nigerian Railway Modernization Project (Idu-Kaduna section), Abuja Light Rail Project, Nigerian Four Airport Terminals Expansion Project (Abuja, Kano, Lagos and Port Harcourt), Nigerian Railway Modernization Project (Lagos-Ibadan section) and Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Abuja – Keffi- Makurdi Road Project.

Have they been completed? Why are you guys this naive? Listing is one thing, actually finding something on ground is another. I am not PDP o. So don't think I am writing because of partisan considerations. Na today morning start? Abegi...We are tired of audio projects on paper and listing.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by flokii: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2020
The governmemt should come out clean biko.. Chinese give loans with clause that a China company will be awarded the contract and allowed to bring in equipment and materials including Chinese citizens from China to execute the projects in Nigeria.

They are not only wise but taking the little job opportunities left for Nigerians who will still repay the loans with interest. Even the completed railways are being operated by Chinese underground according to what I heard.

I understand why they say Africa doesn't have leaders.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Leopantro: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2020

Debt-trap diplomacy is another Chinese tactic. It involves China giving huge loans to poorer nations to build infrastructure. China knows the countries cannot pay the money back, but that’s the idea. Most countries jump on the mouthwatering loans and only realize their true cost when it is time to pay. In 2011, Tajikistan ceded some land along its border with China after it could not repay its loan. China and Tajikistan had both claimed ownership of the land until Tajikistan finally backed off. In 2017, Sri Lanka leased a key port to China for 99 years as payment for its $1 billion loan. Countries like Montenegro, Fiji, and Tonga are also having problems repaying their loans to China. Fiji owes $500 million, while Tonga owes $160 million, which is roughly a third of its GDP. In 2018, the Tongan prime minister was so distraught with the Chinese loan that he openly asked other Pacific island nations to reject Chinese loans. A few days later, he retracted his statement without giving reasons.[4]Several nations caught on to China’s debt-trap diplomacy after China took the Sri Lankan port. Nepal, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Bangladesh, and Malaysia canceled loans they’d planned to receive from China. Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad of Malaysia said he rejected a $20 billion loan because he does not want Malaysia to become a Chinese colony. The only country that did not learn from Sri Lanka’s experience was Sri Lanka. In 2018, it borrowed another $1 billion from China.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Reference(m): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2020
darams4all:
Good projects. I support burrowing on this. But I hope the projects are fully executed because that's the only way they can generate igr. Let's wait and see?

So how much is the Idu to Kaduna rail line making in revenue/profits to repay the loan used to construct it. Do you know? Has the citizen taxpayer asked? Does the government care?.

These are the details necessary before we are certain these project loans are viable and not white elephant.
The Chinese will come after us with the fine print, the small print of the loan agreements, Nigerians on the other hand are satisfied with speculation, propaganda and half truths.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:52am On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Government of burrow burrow. 20years maturity period is not bad anyway coupled with the very low interest rate. The problem lies whether the burrowed money will be used exclusively for what they'r meant for and not looted as usual. Again, i didn't see how SE region will benefits from this loan. This's one of the things that make some people agitate for separation. It's highly uncalled for and unfair. Restructuring is the only key, it's non-negotiable.

They talk as if the administrations after them won't borrow as well.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by VULCAN(m): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2020
Considering that you know nothing about international finance it's best you shut it and focus in your BMC work.

After all, everybody on Nairaland knows you don't sell no suya

post=90934488:
Again, Rumours are spread by fools and believe by idiots.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by frog12: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2020
those states are mining for mineral resources because the chinese tell them they can deliver with 100% success.

if you cant monitor your states, they you are lost

stanluiz:
The Chinese has already taken over your gold in osun state.

That why they are bold mining gold illegally in osun state. They are even polluting the environment because poisonous substance are been released in the environment.

Very soon they will mine and taken over osun, ogun ,Oyo and the entire south west. They will sieze and controlled the infrastructure in your region cheesy

You know how wicked chinko people are.
This is just the top of the iceberg.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Joefat: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2020
I think something is happening behind the scene.. Because I don't know who asked them these question now, because we are not informed when they wanted to borrow all they've borrowed so far.. so when the consequences comes. You people should be ready to put your head on line. Not the masses this time.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by olugabbie(m): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
Goldencheese:

Have they been completed? Why are you guys this naive? Listing is one thing, actually finding something on ground is another. I am not PDP o. So don't think I am writing because of partisan considerations. Na today morning start? Abegi...We are tired of audio projects on paper and listing.

I know that Idu-Kaduna rail project has been completed. Likewise the Abuja light train rail. Lagos-Ibadan is visible to Lagosian and it is near completion.

It is not my responsibility to point out projects that have been completed to you. It is your responsibility as a citizen to find out yourself. You can do little things like listening to news on the radio or watching news on the television, that is if you really want to know what is going on in your country. You tag every govt achievements audio project without commonsensically doing the needful. Just do your own little investigation. We all hate this govt. But that should not stop us from using our common sense all in the name of criticism.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by olugabbie(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Xano:

Search "China debt trap". Chinese company is in charge of Lekki free trade zone.

There are countries that lost financial and security control of their seaports, large arches of land to estates and fertile lands to farm for agricultural exports to China, parts of their electrical grid to Chinese control.

That doesn't mean that the Chinese are bad. They give you enough time to pay back the loan with very low interest rate. They give you terms and conditions and you agree to it.

The Chinese are just doing business.

And what do you mean by the Chinese are incharge of Lekki Trade Zone? Are you saying that they have taken over Lekki Free Trade Zone? Don't be ridiculous. Lekki Free Trade Zone on it own will generate enough revenue to pay back the Chinese loan. Every penny that the Chinese will/have spend/spent on Lekki Free Trade Zone will be paid back with ease when the facility commence operation fully.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by themanderon: 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
If its the same federal government that I know is the one making adequate plans then we should really be worried.
For as long as I remember the Federal government makes adequate plans for nothing but failure.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by boyjo: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
Badonasty:
you think say we mumu like you abi you think say na all of us be zombie

I swear this news don make me vex this morning sha...go and ask Zimbabwe go and ask Zambia...this people go just dey follow us talk like say na babies dem Dey follow talk

Thank you very much.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Goldencheese(m): 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
olugabbie:

I know that Idu-Kaduna rail project has been completed. Likewise the Abuja light train rail. Lagos-Ibadan is visible to Lagosian and it is near completion.

It is not my responsibility to point out projects that have been completed to you. It is your responsibility as a citizen to find out yourself. You can do little things like listening to news on the radio or watching news on the television, that is if you really want to know what is going on in your country. You tag every govt achievements audio project without commonsensically doing the needful. Just do your own little investigation. We all hate this govt. But that should not stop us from using our common sense all in the name of criticism.

Which one should I commonsensically consider from your preachment: I should listen to the radio and watch TV or I should go and confirm the audio projects by myself? Doing both will be contradictory, don't you think? grin grin grin

You think I insulted you because I called you naive, uh? That wasn't an insult. If you believe that money will be spent on those projects or has been spent on the projects, then you can as well believe that the government has spent 186billion feeding school children who are not in school and the N50,000 spent on Covid-19 test per person in Lagos State is legit. You don't need a degree to know these guys are the worst species of mankind, preying on our kind humanity as Nigerians to sleaze their way to mind-blowing riches without working for their stupendous paychecks.

If you think I am here to fight for these dregs, then you don't know me. I won't break a sweat for no politician.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Slimpotter(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
SmartProf:
The Chinese people are very calculative and business minded. Don't be decieved by any act of kindness in the name of bilateral relations, cos they know what they stand to gain before giving Nigeria all these loans we keep requesting. Remember there is no free lunch. When you don't repay those loans as expected, u will see their other side. Are the Chinese not already taking charge of sensitive government projects as we speak?
Namely
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Slimpotter(m): 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kekereekun123:
China does not do debt forgiveness lol

So what of the recent debts that they cancelled?
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by egoldman(m): 12:59am On Jun 24, 2020
post=90934623:

Correct somebori....
Loud am,
Let dem hear.
Make e dey ring for dem head like pangolo sound cheesy
How dey go dey go?

Our paddy to sure........ wink

Shameless lost souls.
Re: Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria by Yankee101: 4:43am On Jun 24, 2020
We'll chase out both the Chinese and Buhari from Aso rock

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. / Jibril Playing Talking Drum On Sallah Day (Photos) / Defection: Ayade Sacks 4 Commissioners, 5 Other Appointees In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.