Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,338 members, 7,867,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:11 AM

Turn To God—He Will Not Disappoint You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Turn To God—He Will Not Disappoint You (109 Views)

Jesus Was Never A Christian, Nor God, He Wasn't Even Jesus Christ - Reno Omokri / Why Will Satan Torture People In Hell For Disobeying The Same God He Disobeyed? / Idahosa Said If T.B. Joshua Is Not Of God, He Won't Survive 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Turn To God—He Will Not Disappoint You by VLadipo: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2020
At age twenty-six, Thomas started a publishing company and founded the National Convention of Gospel Choirs and Choruses in America. He worked with some of the greatest singers in the history of Gospel music, including Mahalia Jackson.

But one night after singing to a Saint Louis audience, he was handed a telegram that said, ‘Your wife just died.’ She had passed away in childbirth. Thomas hurried back home to Chicago, where his newborn son died the following day. He plunged into depression, avoided people, and grew angry with God. ‘I felt God had done me an injustice. I didn’t want to serve Him anymore or write Gospel songs.’

Then a friend took him to a neighbourhood music school. That evening Thomas sat down at a piano and began to play… and pray. He poured out his heart to God, and what wonderful words they were: ‘Precious Lord, take my hand, lead me on, let me stand, I am tired, I am weak, I am worn; through the storm, through the night, lead me on to the light: take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.’

Thomas A. Dorsey testified that the...http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=thewordfortoday&&id=4742

(1) (Reply)

Daily Cry / Dailydose / Daily Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.