Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC (22846 Views)

Nigeria’s Insecurity: I Won’t Resign, Saboteurs After My Govt – Buhari To Elders / I Won’t Resign - Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman Says / Why Ortom Dumped APC – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Coldie(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2020
I thought we were observing lockdown?
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by FlordFlorez(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2020
We are watching the film from close proximity, here in Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Funmisurge(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2020
* At a point in their relationship, the Deputy Governor commanded so much political influence courtesy of the latitude of freedom extended to him by Governor Akeredolu that he was misconstrued in some quarters to be the king behind the throne. Virtually all the political appointments in Ondo South were handed over by the Governor to his Deputy to coordinate, first in the annals of history of the state. Several times the Governor was away from the seat of power, several times he handed over the instruments of power to Hon Ajayi in accordance with the spirit and letters of the Constitution in the thinking that the Deputy would extend to him the 100 percent loyalty expected from a well-treated subordinate. How wrong the Governor was.

*Be that as it may, for members of the public, who are not yet conversant with why the Governor and his Deputy seem to have parted ways, two reasons will suffice, in the interim. In the coming days, more reasons will be revealed so that the reading public can make their own informed judgment of who is the villain between the two.

* One is the alleged mismanagement of funds meant for taking care of the welfare of ex-militants in the Amnesty Programme of the State Government and the Federal Government by the Deputy Governor. When the Federal Government defaulted, for whatever reasons, in releasing funds for the former militants, Governor Akeredolu had to step in at a time to provide a financial cushion for the militants who were becoming agitated. The Governor, trusting his Deputy to deliver, being from Ese Odo, the hub of the former militants, entrusted him with the fund, running into millions of naira.

*When the Governor confronted him based on the negative feedback he was getting from the ex-militants, Agboola said he had used the money to settle some political scores without recourse to his principal. He thus became worried that the Governor queried him.

*Another reason which bears a resemblance to the first one was the way the Deputy Governor handled some urban renewal projects of the Akeredolu-led administration meant to give a facelift to the people of Ese Odo Local Government Area where Hon. Ajayi hails from. Rather than execute the projects to specifications, having been duly financially mobilized, he did a poor job, some he even failed to finish; some he did not touch at all.

*For full disclosure purposes, virtually all the capital projects of the Akeredolu-led government in Ese Odo and Ilaje Local Government Areas were awarded to a company.

*Again, when the Governor confronted him on the infractions, the Deputy Governor could not provide any tangible explanation to rationalize the shoddy execution of the projects. The Some-Igbotu Road cost the State Government about N600m. The project was handled by the same firm. Ditto for the road linking Agadagbaodon and Amapere running into hundreds of millions of naira, all handled by the firm allegedly belonging to the Deputy Governor. How much more could a Governor concede to his Deputy?

1 Like

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Toks007: 9:44am On Jun 22, 2020
Are deputy Governors elected?
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by farem: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2020
It's funny that most Igbos comments are are not favouring the deputy that defected to pdp-their beloved party. What happen?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by SeverusSnape(m): 9:54am On Jun 22, 2020
Rilwayne001:
This slowpoke wants to eat his cake and have it.

Did the people of Ondo elect PDP in their previous election?

This one needs to understand that people elected the party and not really the individual. Since you're no longer in the party then you're not an elected individual. It's simple.
Tell that to others before him that did same and remained as Governor, Why am i going far sef? Look at Obaseki, He's in PDP now and still the governor.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Urchman200: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2020
NextGovernor:

That's if the Governor have the right numbers to impeach him in the house. B4 he made such decision, he must have done his home work. If he doesnt have the number, he would have resign to avoid embarrassment before defecting.

Remember Akerodolu worked against his party men in 2019 which caused problem in Ondo. So I think Akerodolu doesnt even have the number and backing to remove the deputy.
where is the loyalty here? The same u will come and cry on another thread of obaseke not been loyal to oshomole.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by rman: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Ayed44:
According to which section of the laws?

In 2014, Governor Rotimi Amaechi decamped to the APC while his deputy remained in PDP. They both served out their tenure like that.

The fact someone has done it before does not make it right.

Amechi's situation is wrong so is this one.

Let us separate deputy governor and governorship election then, we can as well do that and have the president and vice president in different political parties since the law is not against it.

very smart Nigerians..

1 Like

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Urchman200: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2020
Sammy07:

Majority of the State House of assembly are Agboola fan.

Except If something goes wrong will make them impeach him.
u come and cry on another thread of obaseke not been loyal to oshomole,who made u guy's? Y contradicting ur own self.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by andrewtosin(m): 9:59am On Jun 22, 2020
Sammy07:

Majority of the State House of assembly are Agboola fan.

Except If something goes wrong will make them impeach him.
but can Agbo get the pdp ticket ahead of that Akure man (forgotten his name) ?
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by andrewtosin(m): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2020
Aketi needs to learn how to play politics.

I could remember Ali Olanusi did this defection during Mimiko's government and he was immediately impeached.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Mrhauxiliary(m): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2020
Still Following.....
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Sammy07: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2020
Urchman200:
u come and cry on another thread of obaseke not been loyal to oshomole,who made u guy's? Y contradicting ur own self.

If you don't find where I made that statement or you screenshot it.

I don't know what can happen to you.

You think I'm one of your fellow goons on Nairaland siding one political party or the other?
When they are actually the same thing

I'm only Pro Yoruba, anything for the interest of Yorubas.

Look else where pls.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by asobo: 10:03am On Jun 22, 2020
Adikestanley:
impeachment loading... how can a Governor and his deputy be in two different parties..i don't think it will work
Sen(Air Commodore rtd) Jonah David Jang and Dame Pauline Tallen had the same issue. She contested against him in 2011 while in LP and still remained his deputy.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Sammy07: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
but can Agbo get the pdp ticket ahead of that Akure man (forgotten his name) ?

Jegede.

Well, he might get the ticket.
Until we wait for the primary election.
He hasn't show interest in Governorship ticket
So let's wait a bit.

Because even if he doesn't get the ticket, his influence is powerful.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Tillatalk: 10:07am On Jun 22, 2020
Two drivers cant drive a car
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Chirowman(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2020
Wahala for naija politics ,no trust no loyalty.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Nemere2020: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2020
Gregorian2020:
Those who advises this man to decamp at this time are cone headed people. So long he has decamp he must resign because two different party can not be in office the same time. So long the governor is APC his deputy must be same party. So oga resign now
They can....the Supreme Court decided that with Obasanjo and Atiku.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Insectkiller: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2020
Oh! This is the face of the betrayal.. naija politics na wa oo..

Betrayal everywhere.. this one too is about to has already betray APC..

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by andrewtosin(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2020
Pdp has majority?
mullerman:
he won't dare impeach him because he agboola has majority in the house of assembly.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Nemere2020: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2020
rman:

The fact someone has done it before does not make it right.

Amechi's situation is wrong so is this one.

Let us separate deputy governor and governorship election then, we can as well do that and have the president and vice president in different political parties since the law is not against it.

very smart Nigerians..
It has happened before and the Supreme Court okayed it.
Obasanjo and Atiku.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:15am On Jun 22, 2020
ifytrik:
A child that bites his mother breast during breastfeeding shouldnt cry if his mother refuses to breastfeed him, now that his village people have suceeded in making him jobless and pushing him to pdp a.k.a arsenal fc, it is better for him to resign honourably than to be disgraced out of office. Once again, he is highly welcomed to pdp a.k.a arsenal football club

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by akure1stson: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2020
Rilwayne001:
This slowpoke wants to eat his cake and have it.

Did the people of Ondo elect PDP in their previous election?

This one needs to understand that people elected the party and not really the individual. Since you're no longer in the party then you're not an elected individual. It's simple.

u are the slow poke here, leave our state for us, and face ur Godforsaking state
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by samguru(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2020
In this case we can say the Governor is in the ruling party while his deputy is in the deputy ruling party.

Politicians are our problem in this country.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by frog12: 10:18am On Jun 22, 2020
dis man is trying to be smart like a donkey. you know donkeys are very slow to learn
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by magzey: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2020
Mr Ajayi ,Happy impeachment in advance

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2020
Funmisurge:
* At a point in their relationship, the Deputy Governor commanded so much political influence courtesy of the latitude of freedom extended to him by Governor Akeredolu that he was misconstrued in some quarters to be the king behind the throne. Virtually all the political appointments in Ondo South were handed over by the Governor to his Deputy to coordinate, first in the annals of history of the state. Several times the Governor was away from the seat of power, several times he handed over the instruments of power to Hon Ajayi in accordance with the spirit and letters of the Constitution in the thinking that the Deputy would extend to him the 100 percent loyalty expected from a well-treated subordinate. How wrong the Governor was.

*Be that as it may, for members of the public, who are not yet conversant with why the Governor and his Deputy seem to have parted ways, two reasons will suffice, in the interim. In the coming days, more reasons will be revealed so that the reading public can make their own informed judgment of who is the villain between the two.

* One is the alleged mismanagement of funds meant for taking care of the welfare of ex-militants in the Amnesty Programme of the State Government and the Federal Government by the Deputy Governor. When the Federal Government defaulted, for whatever reasons, in releasing funds for the former militants, Governor Akeredolu had to step in at a time to provide a financial cushion for the militants who were becoming agitated. The Governor, trusting his Deputy to deliver, being from Ese Odo, the hub of the former militants, entrusted him with the fund, running into millions of naira.

*When the Governor confronted him based on the negative feedback he was getting from the ex-militants, Agboola said he had used the money to settle some political scores without recourse to his principal. He thus became worried that the Governor queried him.

*Another reason which bears a resemblance to the first one was the way the Deputy Governor handled some urban renewal projects of the Akeredolu-led administration meant to give a facelift to the people of Ese Odo Local Government Area where Hon. Ajayi hails from. Rather than execute the projects to specifications, having been duly financially mobilized, he did a poor job, some he even failed to finish; some he did not touch at all.

*For full disclosure purposes, virtually all the capital projects of the Akeredolu-led government in Ese Odo and Ilaje Local Government Areas were awarded to a company.

*Again, when the Governor confronted him on the infractions, the Deputy Governor could not provide any tangible explanation to rationalize the shoddy execution of the projects. The Some-Igbotu Road cost the State Government about N600m. The project was handled by the same firm. Ditto for the road linking Agadagbaodon and Amapere running into hundreds of millions of naira, all handled by the firm allegedly belonging to the Deputy Governor. How much more could a Governor concede to his Deputy?
bullshit writeup.
You think the deputy governor is the only one against the governor?
If you don't know, the whole state is aginstthe governor.

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by NAIJANEWSHUB: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2020
undecided can you imagine? Get ready to forfeit that office in no distance time

Meanwhile
I want to open up an online link that has been paying my bills for some time now.
Let's help people in our little way for the betterment of the society.

Chat me up on Facebook ( Lambe ADEWUMI)
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by samdaisi: 10:23am On Jun 22, 2020
nepotism and favouritism have started now when Obaseke was attacking Oshomole our people from east are supporting him but table turned now because of Betty Akeredolu wife that's from their side Agboola will begin to receive insult from them.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by hgnbello(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2020
hahaha. dey make mouth. wait 4 it. ur file will soon b ready.
Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by andrewtosin(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2020
Sammy07:

Jegede.

Well, he might get the ticket.
Until we wait for the primary election.
He hasn't show interest in Governorship ticket
So let's wait a bit.

Because even if he doesn't get the ticket, his influence is powerful.
yeah, Jegede.
True that.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC by VULCAN(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2020
If only you know how many times you bit your mums breast and she never stopped breastfeeding you wouldn't have used that proverb. grin

ifytrik:
A child that bites his mother breast during breastfeeding shouldnt cry if his mother refuses to breastfeed him, now that his village people have suceeded in making him jobless and pushing him to pdp a.k.a arsenal fc, it is better for him to resign honourably than to be disgraced out of office. Once again, he is highly welcomed to pdp a.k.a arsenal football club

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Senator - Elect Dino Maleye, Promises To Lead Campaign For Law Makers Salary Cut / Obama To Send High-powered Delegation To Buhari’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.