Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings (395 Views)

God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone / Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings / Seek God's Kingdom And He Will Solve Your Problems - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by 1nice(m): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
TOPIC : STOP WORRYING AND SEEK GOD’S BLESSINGS

1 PETER 5 : 7
Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you.

It is not good for children of God to be worrying at all times. God want his people to have an attitude of I will not worry for the sake of God. As a Christian do not worry because you have a God who is caring, He is the good Shepherd that take good cares of his flocks.

Instead of worrying get down on your kneel, pray to God, tell God that problem that is making you to worry, ask God to help you and to rescue you from your suffering and believe without doubt and fear in your mind that God will give you victory over your trouble. The God who answer prayers will hear your prayer and will send help and deliverance into your Life.

Worrying is not good for your Christian life, and it can hinder your blessings from God. When you are worrying you can’t concentrate on what you do. Worrying makes you make mistakes which you could have been avoided if you were not worrying. Worry can weaken you from praying to God if you allow it. But I am telling you today that you have a Mighty God who can rescue you from that worries, all you have to do is to seek the help of God through prayer and fasting. Never give up, do not be discourage, God is aware of your suffering and he is sending help your way. It will not be long, your trouble shall be a thing of the past. Just believe in Jesus Christ as your Messiah and in God as the one who exist and reward those who diligently seek him. Turn away from your evil and begin to do the right thing always. Do good things, do those things that show that you have repented from your sins. If you have food, share it with those who do not have food to eat. If you have two clothes, give one to the person who doesn't have one. Stop stealing, do not murder anyone, do not commit adultery, stop gossiping, help the poor and stop doing evil.
You can also overcome your worries by asking your fellow Christians, Church members to assist you in prayer.

MATTHEW 18 : 19
“And I tell you more: whenever two of you on earth agree about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by Father in heaven.

You can ask your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to assist and pray with you concerning the trouble you are facing. There is power in prayer. Pray every day with the following Scripture chapters; psalms 9, psalms 70, psalms 91, psalms 121, and psalms 138. Do not be discourage and afraid. Stop worrying because of the suffering you are passing through just have faith in God, pray and believe that by the help of God everything will be alright again.

Pray with this prayer below ;

PRAYER

My Father in heaven, I thank and praise you for your love which cares for me. Have mercy on me God, forgive all my sins and make me holy again. Help me Lord and deliver me from all my worries. I come to you for help, please Lord give me solution to my worries and let your Love protect me. May the blood of Jesus Christ cover me and rescue me from my troubles. May the Fire of God destroy any power responsible for my troubles. I thank You Lord God of heaven for You are good and your love is eternal. Lord I need your help, come to my aid Lord and answer my prayer. Bless me Lord and save me. I praise you the Prince of the heavenly army, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the great Warrior. I thank You Lord for answering my prayer and for sending your angels to my aid. Thank You Lord God Almighty for answering my prayer in Jesus Christ name I pray Amen.

Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by Emmacolinho(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hustle ooo if not you'll keep shouting I receive it in church till you enter grave
Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by Missyajoke(f): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Good write-up.
Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Emmacolinho:
Hustle ooo if not you'll keep shouting I receive it in church till you enter grace
grin cheesy grin cheesy

@OP, Jesus Christ indeed spoke truth when He said that adhering to the doctrines and traditions/ways of men serve to render the power of God null and void in the lives of those concerned. No amount of praying for blessings will resolve that problem.

The many doctrines and traditions/rules your pastors and preachers cook up are nothinh but poison they heap on your lives.

The only remedy is to stop drinking the poison(lies) and turn back to obedience of Jesus Christ's commandments. He is the only way to obtaining the blessings of God in your lives.
Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by 1nice(m): 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Emmacolinho:
Hustle ooo if not you'll keep shouting I receive it in church till you enter grace

Proverbs 10:22
22 It is the Lord's blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

The Scripture is telling us not to depend on hardwork (hustle) alone but to also pray for the Lord's blessing so that we can be successful in whatever we do. Faith with action produce good results. Some people hustle year after year but have nothing to show for it because they refuse to pray continually for the Lord's blessing upon what they do for a living.
The devil is full of tricks, the devil is out with his agents of darkness to deceive people by stopping them from praying for the Lord's blessing upon their hardwork because the devil knows that when they pray to God, God will direct their actions so that they will be successful in whatever they do.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by 1nice(m): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Missyajoke:
Good write-up.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by 1nice(m): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
grin cheesy grin cheesy

@OP, Jesus Christ indeed spoke truth when He said that adhering to the doctrines and traditions/ways of men serve to render the power of God null and void in the lives of those concerned. No amount of praying for blessings will resolve that problem.

The many doctrines and traditions/rules your pastors and preachers cook up are nothinh but poison they heap on your lives.

The only remedy is to stop drinking the poison(lies) and turn back to obedience of Jesus Christ's commandments. He is the only way to obtaining the blessings of God in your lives.

PROVERBS 16 : 3
Ask the LORD to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out.

1 KINGS 2 : 3
3 and observe what the LORD your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go

No one can be successful with out the blessings of God, for you to get the blessings of God you must pray to the source of all blessings Jesus Christ. Do not allow the devil to fill your heart with lies and hypocrisy. Through prayer and hardwork you get your blessings from God that will provide all your needs and free you from the prison of the kingdom of Lucifer.
Jesus Christ is the truth. Believe in the word of God so that you can be free from Satan.

PROVERBS 10 : 22
22 It is the Lord's blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.
Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by Kobojunkie: 6:46am On Jun 23, 2020
1nice:
PROVERBS 16 : 3
Ask the LORD to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out.

1 KINGS 2 : 3
3 and observe what the LORD your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go

No one can be successful with out the blessings of God, for you to get the blessings of God you must pray to the source of all blessings Jesus Christ. Do not allow the devil to fill your heart with lies and hypocrisy. Through prayer and hardwork you get your blessings from God that will provide all your needs and free you from the prison of the kingdom of Lucifer.
Jesus Christ is the truth. Believe in the word of God so that you can be free from Satan.

PROVERBS 10 : 22
All you have done yet again is spew more doctrines and traditions of men, and then conclude it all by saying that God and Jesus said to pray for blessings. Picking verses from random locations and then pinning them together is exactly what the Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus's days had become masters of. Did you know that?

Do you ever wonder why those who claim to belong to Jesus Christ are not even able to see God's righteousness in their lives? I am talking about not needing to worry about what you will eat, drink, wear, where you will lay your head?

The reason is simple, and it is because people have chosen to wander away from obeying Jesus Christ and instead chosen to make prayer warriors** of themselves where God never asked them for that. God is still a righteous God. He still desires to, and in fact, does provide for those who live in obedience to Him. He feeds them, cloths them, protects them, provides for them, takes care of them when they are sick, and provides them shelter when they have none. God fights for them, but the key is not that His followers pray for all that He gives them. No, the reason is that they obey Him, for that is what God promised will happen to those who obey Him.

God's blessings are freely given to those who obey God. "Ask anything in my name ....", Jesus said that to those who love Him. And who are those who love Him? Those who obey His every commandment. Jesus Christ said it, and John the apostle echoed it.

** Doctrines and traditions of men
Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by 21lucky(m): 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kobojunkie:
All you have done yet again is spew more doctrines and traditions of men, and then conclude it all by saying that God and Jesus said to pray for blessings. Picking verses from random locations and then pinning them together is exactly what the Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus's days had become masters of. Did you know that?

Do you ever wonder why those who claim to belong to Jesus Christ are not even able to see God's righteousness in their lives? I am talking about not needing to worry about what you will eat, drink, wear, where you will lay your head?

The reason is simple, and it is because people have chosen to wander away from obeying Jesus Christ and instead chosen to make prayer warriors** of themselves where God never asked them for that. God is still a righteous God. He still desires to, and in fact, does provide for those who live in obedience to Him. He feeds them, cloths them, protects them, provides for them, takes care of them when they are sick, and provides them shelter when they have none. God fights for them, but the key is not that His followers pray for all that He gives them. No, the reason is that they obey Him, for that is what God promised will happen to those who obey Him.

God's blessings are freely given to those who obey God. "Ask anything in my name ....", Jesus said that to those who love Him. And who are those who love Him? Those who obey His every commandment. Jesus Christ said it, and John the apostle echoed it.

** Doctrines and traditions of men

Kobojunkie you are confuse and try not to be confused. The teaching of Jesus Christ teaches the people of God to pray to God for whatever they want. Blessings can be define as the good things God give to his people because his people love him by obeying his command and pray to him.
During the life time of Jesus Christ on earth Jesus would go away to lonely places where he prayed. Jesus always obey the commandments of God but still pray to God because he knew that through prayer he will receive the blessings of God which would help him to fulfill God's purpose for his life on earth.
Jesus Christ also teach his disciples to pray and never become discourage because Jesus Christ know that blessings can be delayed from manifesting by the enemy; the devil. Someone who obey the command of God; his blessings can be delayed from manifesting except such Christian continue to pray until his blessings is manifested.
There are many ways to receive the blessings of God which are by obeying the commandments of God, by giving and by giving to the poor, also through prayer and so on.
Daniel ( in the Scripture) his blessing was delayed by the Prince of Persia for 21 days but due to continually prayer of Daniel, his blessings was manifested and the delay was removed.
Jesus Christ was a prayer warrior because Jesus Christ always go to a lonely places to pray for a long time for God's blessings.
You kobojunkie, you will not say that you have never pray to God to bless you before?
People pray to God for blessings like; praying for healing, protection,good job, journey mercy, e.t.c, All this are the blessings of God. Obeying God does not mean you would not pray to God for his blessings. God command his people to pray to him, if Jesus Christ can pray to God for his blessings who are you kobojunkie to say that the follower of Jesus should not pray for all the blessing they want from God. Are you more righteous than Jesus Christ.

LUKE 5 : 16
But he would go away to lonely places, where he prayed.

LUKE 18 : 1
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to teach them that they should always pray and never become discouraged.

PSALMS 67 : 1
God, be merciful to us and bless us; look on us with kindness

Kobojunkie if you still have doubt go to your pastor and ask him or ask any child of God or google your question to internet. Do not confuse people here.

1 Like

Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by Kobojunkie: 3:14am On Jul 01, 2020
21lucky:
Kobojunkie you are confuse and try not to be confused. The teaching of Jesus Christ teaches the people of God to pray to God for whatever they want. Blessings can be define as the good things God give to his people because his people love him by obeying his command and pray to him.
Where Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is concerned, some of the blessings associated are listed as follows.

Matthew 5: 2-11 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:
3. “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7. “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8. “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.
10. “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
12. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

21lucky:
During the life time of Jesus Christ on earth Jesus would go away to lonely places where he prayed. Jesus always obey the commandments of God but still pray to God because he knew that through prayer he will receive the blessings of God which would help him to fulfill God's purpose for his life on earth.
Jesus knew through prayer that He, Jesus Christ, would receive the blessings of God to help Him fulfill God's purpose? Where did you get this from please?undecided
21lucky:
Jesus Christ also teach his disciples to pray and never become discourage because Jesus Christ know that blessings can be delayed from manifesting by the enemy; the devil. Someone who obey the command of God; his blessings can be delayed from manifesting except such Christian continue to pray until his blessings is manifested.
Why in the world would the blessings stipulated in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ be delayed in any way except such a person continue in prayer? undecided
21lucky:
There are many ways to receive the blessings of God which are by obeying the commandments of God, by giving and by giving to the poor, also through prayer and so on.
Prayer is not documented as a way of receiving any of the blessings associated with the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. Obedience is the only way that Jesus stated we can attain the blessings stipulated. Giving to the poor is simply one of the many commandments of the New Covenant that Jesus Christ expects for His followers to obey as well.
21lucky:
Daniel ( in the Scripture) his blessing was delayed by the Prince of Persia for 21 days but due to continually prayer of Daniel, his blessings was manifested and the delay was removed.
The answers to Daniel's prayer were delayed by the actions of the then Prince of the land of Persia, the son of Cyrus the Great. Daniel was not waiting for a blessing, but for answers to his prayer. They are two different things.
21lucky:
Jesus Christ was a prayer warrior because Jesus Christ always go to a lonely places to pray for a long time for God's blessings.
Jesus Christ was never documented as a prayer warrior like any of the so-called prayer warriors today. When His disciples asked Him to teach them to pray, the Lord's prayer is What He gave them. Every single prayer He uttered was nowhere like the hours of prayers of your prayer warriors. undecided
21lucky:
You kobojunkie, you will not say that you have never pray to God to bless you before?
Not anymore! I know to obey God if I need Him to bless me. And I also know that obedience is also the key to getting answers to prayers. Remember, answers to prayers are not the same as blessings. I don't know why the words got mixed up but they are not the same.
The key to all of the blessings that God has pronounced upon His own is obedience. The key to obtaining answers to our every prayer is, you guessed it, obedience as well.
21lucky:
People pray to God for blessings like; praying for healing, protection,good job, journey mercy, e.t.c. All this are the blessings of God. Obeying God does not mean you would not pray to God for his blessings.
All those are a result of having the blessings of God, not the actual blessings of God. You are still applying the word "blessing" to the wrong things.
21lucky:
God command his people to pray to him, if Jesus Christ can pray to God for his blessings who are you kobojunkie to say that the follower of Jesus should not pray for all the blessing they want from God.
Sure pray but in the end, Obedience is the key to obtaining the blessings stipulated in God's New Covenant and also to getting answers to prayers. Note that I continue to deal with them separately because they remain separate.
21lucky:
Are you more righteous than Jesus Christ.
Kobojunkie if you still have doubt go to your pastor and ask him or ask any child of God or google your question to internet. Do not confuse people here.
Did you know that the key to righteousness is also obedience? Yes, the righteous are those who do good work in obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ.
I don't have any doubts about what I say to you because I know very well the difference between God's blessings and answers to prayers. I am not the one confusing people, sorry! You are the one assuming that blessings are the same as answers to prayers. They are not.
Re: Stop Worrying And Seek God's Blessings by Kobojunkie: 4:35am On Jul 01, 2020
The opposite of the word blessed is cursed. Opposite answers to prayers aren't curses as in when your prayers aren't answered, you are not cursed. So please stop confusing the word blessing with answers to prayers. When you do not receive answers to healing, it does not mean you are cursed, nor does it mean you are not blessed by God. So, it is essential to not get words mixed up to avoid confusion.

Some of the curses included as part of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ for those who refuse to submit to Him are as follows:

Matthew 23 vs 13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13. “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.[d]
15. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell[e] as yourselves.
16. “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.’
17. You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred?
18. And you say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gift that is on the altar, he is bound by his oath.’ 19. You blind men! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. So whoever swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And whoever swears by the temple swears by it and by him who dwells in it.
22. And whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by him who sits upon it.
23. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
24. You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!
25. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.
27. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness.
28. So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous,
30. saying, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’
31. Thus you witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers.
33. You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?
34. Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town,
35. so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah,[f] whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.
36. Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
These curses follow those who commit their lives to Jesus Christ but refuse to do what He commands to do i.e. those who refuse to obey His commandments experience the curses that are associated with the New Covenant, much like those of the Children of Israel who refused to obey the commandments that God has laid down for them in the Old Covenant, were plagued by curses.

(1) (Reply)

Today Is 7-7-2020, Dodorima To The Men Wey Sabi / Prayers For Open Doors. / Someone Pray For Me I Want To Convert To Christianity, Am Tired Of Islam- Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.