Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

One Year Remembrance. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Year Remembrance. (351 Views)

Ibrahim Yunusa Bature Detains & Starves His Wife, Sadiya For One Year (Photo) / Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance / One Year Remembrance Msgr S.E.U Osigweh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Year Remembrance. by Princerobert: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
Today 22nd June 2020,mark exactly one year Msgr S.E.U Osigweh passed away from this world to God's Bossom . Some of you might wonder who he is and why I have to share this post here.
Msgr Sylvester Emmanuel Uwadineke Osigweh was a Catholic priest of Abeokuta Diocese,the Parish priest of St Mary's Catholic Church Alaja ,Ifo,Ogun State and the founder and the Spiritual Director of Jesus is Love and Power Catholic Healing Ministry as at his death but was also a one time Priest in Lagos Archdiocese. Am sure the people he has impacted on their lives must be missing him, a rare gem.what a memorable day for the great priest of God who gave his all to heal and save humanity. The humble, devoted priest who left a giant foot print on the evangelization landscape of Nigeria and beyond with his peculiar healing method of application of sacramentals of the church.. Salt, Water and Oil to effect healing. A priest of the highest order, Monsignor Osigweh unlike his contemporaries refused to maximize or commercialize his gift of healing. He maintained the golden rule of the scriptures on expression of spiritual gifts of " Freely Received, Freely Given" principle.
As a compassionate healer, Msgr. Osigweh through his healing apostolate, Jesus Is love and Power, fought spiritual battles for the sick, oppressed and downtrodden of the society. He carried his battles of liberation into villages, towns, markets and private homes to free those in bondage. He broke wicked satanic covenants holding God people hostage and destroyed fetish articles that held people spell bound.
He was highly detribalized and never considered or dispensed his gift based on tribe or tongue. To Msgr. Osigweh any one who availed himself/herself of God' mercy and grace was never turned down. Perhaps this accounts for the reason he was popularly referred as a " priest always for the people and with the people"
As a Roman Catholic priest, Msgr. Osigweh gave positive expression and meaning to the usage of the sacramental of the church. And through his obedience to the church, he became an inspiration to younger generation of Charismatic priests who followed his footstep,just incase you don't know him, you can never be round him and be sad,he will make sure he put a smile on your face, given all that he as which include but not limited to financial and material assistance to those in need and generally to anyone he encounters, he is a lover of children and such he have been able to train lots of people but within and outside the country up to university level,this also includes training priest just to mention a few, if you are looking for a philanthropist then you must be talking about Msgr S.E.U Osigweh .
He is a giver to the core and he gave even up to the hour of his death..
This might sound like one of those rhetorics that people say after the demise of someone. Believe you me he will forever be remembered "Death has done it worst" surely I know that he will forever live in our hearts most especially to those that he has touched in one way or the other. I stand to be corrected,I don't think there is any Roman Catholic family in Nigeria of today that Msgr S.E.U Osigweh has never impacted on directly or indirectly,some people here I believe can testify to that but I must say if you were ever close to him then you know that all man is equal irrespective of your wealth, social class ,status or your family background .. I will not want to be the only one singing his praises but I know God is a rewarder of those that serve him .
I conclude by praying that God should have mercy on his soul and grant him eternal rest amen. For those of us he left behind I also pray that God should give us the power / strength to live an examplery life. For the family and his king's men I pray that God should give them the fortitude to bear the lost and God in his infinity mercy should fill up every vacuum he left behind .Amen

I will appreciate if you can also share your comment and experience you have had with him either directly or indirectly.

(1) (Reply)

Your Bathroom / Advice On What’s Suitable For My Younger Brother / Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.