Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,128 members, 7,957,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:38 AM

Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me (523 Views)

Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / I Felt Ridiculed Contesting Against Adeleke - Oyetola / My Kinsmen Have Disappointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by Ashleyeniwin(f): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
Akeredolu: My kinsmen contesting against me doesn’t shake me

From Osagie Otabor, Akure
Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, has said that he does not have sleepless night over the number of his Owo kinsmen plotting to unseat him both in the ruling All Progressives Congress and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party in the October 10 governorship election.

More than 10 aspirants who have purchased nomination and expression of interest forms in the APC and the PDP are from Owo, hometown of Governor Akeredolu.

They have vowed to stop his re-election bid to enable them serve out his second term.

Akeredolu spoke when he visited the Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Gbadegesin Ogunoye III and other traditional rulers in Ose and Owo Local Government Areas where he notified them of his re-election bid.

Akeredolu stated that the people of Owo would not take chances at the polls with unknown personalities.

The Ondo Governor said his kinsmen who are out to contest against him were on a selfish mission without having the interest of Owo people and the town at heart.

According to him, “After submitting the nomination form in Abuja, we are duty-bound to come here (Owo) first to get your blessing for the next journey.

By the grace of God, we will be successful. That is why we have to come here first. This is my root. I’m a bonafide and authentic son of Owo. So, I cannot forget my source.

“For me, it is not much of a problem that some Owo sons are also willing to contest the election because we already know what will be the outcome. I’m not scared.

I can’t be scared. I have passed that stage. As long as I have the support of the royal fathers and the people, that is enough for me because you are the one that will decide where Owo is going.

The Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Gbadegesin Ogunoye said the people of Owo and Ose have gained dividends of good governance under the Akeredolu’s administration and would continue to reap it for another four years.

“We are solidly behind Oluwarotimi Akeredolu to run for second term in office. As you have all seen, he has ensured development across the state in all facets of life.

We have never had it good in Ondo State. I’m using this opportunity to appeal to all and sundry to support Akeredolu for a second term in office.”

Source:https://citadelng.com.ng/2020/06/22/akeredolu-my-kinsmen-contesting-against-me-doesnt-shake-me/

Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by NwaNimo1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lets wait and see..
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by LivingSage: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
No story. LET YOUR WORK SPEAK FOR YOU
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by ojun50(m): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Story story oh
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by habiham: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
I'm sure aketi is going to be APC flag bearer... And possibly retaining his seat
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by aristocrazzy: 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
If his not scared then why use state security to harass agboola. you were not popular before APC put u where you are
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by FlordFlorez(m): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
We sidon dey look.
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by helinues: 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bad Belle's is allowed Arakunrin Aketi
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by cursedAbiola(f): 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
LivingSage:
[/s]
trash
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by MetaPhysical: 1:30am On Jun 23, 2020
Vote Yoruba Woman as First Lady!
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by Ashleyeniwin(f): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2020
LivingSage:
his work and good will surely speak well
Re: Akeredolu: My Kinsmen Contesting Against Me Doesn't Shake Me by Ashleyeniwin(f): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2020
aristocrazzy:
If his not scared then why use state security to harass agboola. you were not popular before APC put u where you are
the Gov. Knows nothing about it, the police man are only doing there job with agboola is leaving with govts properties

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Nominates FCT Chief Judge For International Criminal Court / 5 Steps On How To Be A Part Of Biafra / Kogi Chief Judge Dies At COVID-19 Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.