Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,723 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? (1348 Views)

SOUTH EAST Will Vote For APC In 2019. / South-East Will Get Additional State Before Any Other Zone – Jonathan / South-East Will Support Jonathan Though He Failed Igbos - APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by DeeJay20: 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
ElRazur:

This is about the most sensible thing you have said all night. Please keep it up.

I mentioned what you are now saying in my first post in this thread, and I went as far as using myself as an example of how I have no desire or strong urge to die for nigeria (a death that may perhaps bring about change or catalyst to change I am talking about here)

In my opinion, I feel things have to be really bad before we can see anything close to a mass protest. Having said that, the mind set in which my people have can be counter-productive to any feeling of mass protest. After all, things were worse under most military rule and my people did nothing.

I mentioned the Social Activist and Preacher - Tunde Bakare, Nigerians need to rally around the right people ie like him (Tunde Bakare), but even the Penticostal Socio-Politcal base Leadership in Nigeria are soo passive due to no Understanding or knowledge of Political Economy that the people who follow them are just "sheeple" of the worst kind.

TUNDE BAKARE IS RIGHT NOW "THE NIGERIAN BISHOP DEMOND TUTU", and a Nigerian that cannot see that is really Ignorant of who to rally around!, Bakare will not lead Nigeria, but the charismatic and Political Economic Astute leader that will arise in Nigeria has to be cut from the "Heart and Mind cloth"
like this man (Tunde Bakare) and i may even go further to say that, that leader would be influenced by such a man or men of Bakare's  Heart & character!

Every true leader has great mentors and great influencers they can point too!
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by EMANY01(m): 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2011
For that guy alleging that these protests are not spontaneous but the result of covert operations what you are saying might not be false but assessing the situation you can not help but notice that  in the case of Egypt  and Yemen esespecially the fall of the current governments is not  in the best interests of the usual suspects( the US ,UK,France et al) as the opposition which could gain power is rabidly anti-west (the  muslim brotherhood : which by the way has officially joined the protests and others).My suspicion lies with the east, specifically Iran (i don't see how this benefits china other than to start an intelligence war disrupting stability in each others areas of influence:a losing game for china as things stand .Russia currently is battling islamic fanatics).Iran is already committed to such a conflict if  their well  documented    current actactivities Iraq ,Afghanistan and Yemen are considered.
On the other hand Stalin it was who said, "There times when weeks happen in a decade and there are times when decades happen within weeks" decades of frustration with one man in power can boil over suddenly.
Bottom line the protests could be spontaneous although the level of spospontaneity suspect.The stakes are high in the case of Egypt if Mubarak falls the second largest military in the arab world will fall into the hands of islamic fanatics and thirty years of stategic stability or balance in the middle east vis-a-vis isreal  is gone with the wind.Giving the quality and quantity of improvements the egyptians have made millitarily thanks to the west,
the full ramifications of current events are rather scary.
Re: The Rise Against Operation In The Middle East. Will Naijas Learn? by Ikengawo: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
eLruhzur or whatever

everything you cited, high prices, electricity, and so forth have nothing to do with revolution.
nobodies overthrows a democratic government because of electricity because the minute you put in the revolutionary government there will still be no power.

you can overthrow a TYRANNICAL system and INSTALL a democracy so that the people have say and freedom.

as we have it now Nigerians don't have a tyrannical system. I can tell GEJ his mother is a daft and not be arrested for it. Nigerians HAVE what the Tunisians and Egyptians WANT.

All the problems with Nigeria come in the fact that we need to IMPROVE our democracy, not destroy it. If we 'overthrow' the system as is now, unemployment will still be high, corruption will still be rampant because EVERYONE even school teachers in nigeria take bribes, and cities will still be underdeveloped.

You guys want us to go to stage one when we are already on stage 2. Egyptian and Tunisian people have literally no say in their country. They're killed and imprisoned for saying half the stuff people on Nairaland say on a daily basis. They have no say on who's the leader

Nigerians have say but they say embarrassing stuff, that's the only difference. We have the SAY to pick our leaders but instead of picking LEADERS we want IGBOS in power or NORTHERNERS in power or YORUBAS in power and can't name a legitimate name. We can critique our country and government but we was this right saying things like NIGERIA IS WORST THEN SOMALIA and posting newspaper article about witches demons instead of real facts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akala Drags Ajimobi To Court, Says He Is Not Qualified To Contest In The 2011 Oyo Gubernitorial / Influential Ritualists In Our Midst? / Pfizer: Nigeria Drug Trial Victims Get Compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.