Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,127 members, 7,845,742 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 (529 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by itababa: 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hi All,
I have a Ntel Techno Camon C5 which I believe was customized for Ntel and is different from the stock C5. I mistakenly over-wrote the recovery image with a TWRP and now the phone is stuck in a reboot loop. I believe if someone can extract the recovery image from another functional C5 using the procedure at https://www.leakite.com/how-to-backupextract-your-android-phone/ I may be able to use the image to fix my phone (still not certain how I would even do that since it basically powers up, shows the tecno logo, reboots again).

Thanks all!
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by ryfoz(m): 3:23am On Jun 23, 2020
itababa:
Hi All,
I have a Ntel Techno Camon C5 which I believe was customized for Ntel and is different from the stock C5. I mistakenly over-wrote the recovery image with a TWRP and now the phone is stuck in a reboot loop. I believe if someone can extract the recovery image from another functional C5 using the procedure at https://www.leakite.com/how-to-backupextract-your-android-phone/ I may be able to use the image to fix my phone (still not certain how I would even do that since it basically powers up, shows the tecno logo, reboots again).

Thanks all!

There's alternative procedure to extract the files from a Non-rooted device as well (but that's not my aim to explain here)
I can guide you how to flash the STOCK recovery back when you get it

NOTE: It's after the battery dies before you can flash it back and again the fact that it's customized to a particular network does not mean they did not use some basic variant component.

Try getting the Tecno C5 variant recovery online (if not all) then flash it one after the other for compatibility (b4 ur miracle variant appaears)
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by itababa: 6:18am On Jun 23, 2020
@ryfoz : Thanks. I did flash some stock rom I found on the internet to the phone and now it boots up but there is nothing at all on the screen. I know it is up because i can connect to it using "adb shell" but unfortunately "su" is not available within the shell.
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by NightFood: 7:27am On Jun 23, 2020
take the phone to carlcare and see if they can help out
itababa:
Hi All,

Thanks all!
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by ryfoz(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2020
itababa:
@ryfoz : Thanks. I did flash some stock rom I found on the internet to the phone and now it boots up but there is nothing at all on the screen. I know it is up because i can connect to it using "adb shell" but unfortunately "su" is not available within the shell.

you are having lk.bin problem.

Try to find another stock recovery that can boot it up properly and will display after that
if it doesn't work then you look for compatible lk.bin (usually small in size like 5MB down to 3MB)
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by itababa: 12:03am On Jun 27, 2020
I have downloaded several but they all seem to contain the same image.
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by ryfoz(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2020
itababa:
I have downloaded several but they all seem to contain the same image.

hmmm na wa o
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by itababa: 3:19am On Oct 14, 2020
@ryfoz - seems there is really only one image out there even though they are packaged by different people under different file names. The lk.bin and other components are the same (I did a file compare). The popular one is named []-Tecno-C5-H351-D1-L.zip and another one named Tecno_C5_MT6735.zip are exactly the same. I have tried "Download Only" and even "Firmware Upgrade" using the SP_Flash_Tool_v5.2032 and it definitely wrote the files to the phone. Yet, when I power it on afterwards I can see the screen light up but nothing actually shows.
So I am still looking for someone with the Ntel version of this phone. I am guessing if I extract the files from that, it will work.
Thanks!
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by ryfoz(m): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2020
itababa:
@ryfoz - seems there is really only one image out there...
So I am still looking for someone with the Ntel version of this phone. I am guessing if I extract the files from that, it will work.
Thanks!

wow, such a long time? u get patience o but I understand how it feels to be looking for a solution for 2yrs plus
Re: Anyone With A Functional Ntel Tecno Camon C5 by saxby(f): 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
itababa:
@ryfoz - seems there is really only one image out there even though they are packaged by different people under different file names. The lk.bin and other components are the same (I did a file compare). The popular one is named []-Tecno-C5-H351-D1-L.zip and another one named Tecno_C5_MT6735.zip are exactly the same. I have tried "Download Only" and even "Firmware Upgrade" using the SP_Flash_Tool_v5.2032 and it definitely wrote the files to the phone. Yet, when I power it on afterwards I can see the screen light up but nothing actually shows.
Thanks!
why not just visit carlcare and see if they can help

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Unboxing / Iphone 11 Pro Max & 11 Pro Open Box Deal Available! / Affordable Earbud And Decent Neckband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.