Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham (4441 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by fredoooooo: 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2011
Nigeria international Obafemi Akinwunmi martins join birmigham city from rubin kazan on loan .
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/birmingham-city/
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by bennie1980(m): 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
AInt impressed because the guy is a finished product!
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by aieromon(m): 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2011
From Inter to Newcastle to Wolfsburg to Rubin Kazan to Birmingham. . . . . .gradually dropping into oblivion
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by otokx(m): 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
hope he does not move to airtel soon?
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by semid4lyfe(m): 6:18pm On Jan 29, 2011
Heard he recently became a father and made the move to be close to his family undecided
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by fredoooooo: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Heard he recently became a father and made the move to be close to his family undecided

you are right about the info , but that definately is not the reason for the transfer , he choose to return to epl and theres no top team coming for him . hope he can play better and move to a better side by summer ,
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by medjai(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2011
I think it's a good move. We'll get to see him more often and again, he has the experience from his stint with Newcastle. I think he'll also get a lot of playing time because asides Cameron Jerome, Birmingham has no other good striker. Nikola Zigic is firing blanks and may soon be loaned out to Racing Santander and Kevin Phillips is 37 years old.
Martins is still one of our best strikers, he needs a lot of playing time.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by 12large1: 11:47am On Jan 31, 2011
martins is still our good striker the guy might break yekini record before he retires. i want siasia to pair him with emenike
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by johnjoel(m): 11:52am On Jan 31, 2011
martins is good more than ayegbeni,clubs really wants martins but ayegbeni he is a bad luck to football fans and nigerian as a whole
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by dave2(m): 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2011
johnjoel:

martins is good more than ayegbeni,clubs really wants martins but ayegbeni he is a bad luck to football fans and nigerian as a whole

Ayegbeni bad luck to football fans cos he failed to convert that chance at the world cup abi
I would like to remind u or tell u that; this same Yakubu is the Nigeria's all time second highest goal scorer just behind Yekini.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by legba1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2011
epl or karzan watever,the guy was just a flash in the pan. lets see how well he can perfom here.black, wat did you call the club.Jah help him
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by samparian(m): 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2011
i just hope the guy improves his form and scores more often.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by olumyde5(m): 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2011
i just wish him success, to keep scoring goals
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by EfeEkarume1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
Martins is a speedy player. He knows only how to run, but technically, he can't play football.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by bisiaet: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2011
Hmmmm Martins! he is not at his best at the moment but I just wish him the best of luck.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by fredoooooo: 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2011
medical test passed , work permit in order i wish him all the best , it all depends on him now tro prove himself , OSAZE did it , i think OBA too can do it ,
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by blapo(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2011
EPL should be easy for him to find his form and also he will easily get lots of playing time in Bcity, good move for him anyways.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by comechop(m): 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2011
wow so many haters - just wish the guy the best and move on.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by Mcleo007(m): 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2011
Happy for the young man. Epl shuldnt be a strange penchant for him. He's been there before and proved his worth. Hope he can replicate that.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by sylve11: 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
i wish him success cool
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by 9jauk: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Thank God, i'm few miles away from Birmingham;dis an oppurtunity to see my old friend Martins,he will be ok in d midlands,is pacy,skillfull and energetic,i hope dey will luk into my case soon as i'm 35 now but still scatter dem oyinbo with my k leg on pitch,hehhe
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by segunjowo(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2011
Good for him.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by TippyTop(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2011
Oba Martins is a money grabber hence yo-yoing from country to country. He should've stayed at Newcastle not run away when they got relegated.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by skfa1: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2011
God pls be with brother Femi and make him shine, amen
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by marcus1234: 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2011
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by UNLEASHED(m): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
Who cares?
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by shellicon(m): 1:12am On Feb 01, 2011
Wishing him all the best
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by mamagee3(f): 2:29am On Feb 01, 2011
The guy is an unimpressive wack. . .
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by Brisingr(m): 2:51am On Feb 01, 2011
if complete sport or most naija newspaper were to report dis it will go lyk dis 'man utd ,chelesa and real madrid all chased afta martins but he picked birmingham city to stay near family
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by saintolaf(m): 3:27am On Feb 01, 2011
oba goal or oba loaf!!!

its BALL OVER for him, he just succeeded in messing his career up!
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by McBic(m): 3:29am On Feb 01, 2011
angry4 God's sake martins is our own, I think he needs all the encouragements and prayers right now.
If we don't, no one will do it for us. that 's why the whites 'r beta than us, no mata how bad their player is, u see them still praising & worshipin him.
Re: Obafemi Martins Join Birmingham by andyprez(m): 4:11am On Feb 01, 2011
best of luck dude

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keshi, Amokachi Agree Pay Cut For Afcon Pundits Duty / 27 C.ronaldo's 2013/2014. Achievements / With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.