Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,594 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

My Experience After My 100 Level First Semester Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience After My 100 Level First Semester Exam (1310 Views)

University Of Ibadan Law Student Rapes 100-level Colleague On Campus / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience After My 100 Level First Semester Exam by STEPHENADEBLOG(m): 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
My friends and I prepared for our exam, they are my reading partners. We go to the library to read together, we also read overnight together.

We read well, even when one of our lecturers was trying to do a strong head. We made sure we read those courses well.

After our exam, we're all expecting As in our results and Bs in the ones we know we weren't sure about.

The first three results came out when we were all at home and we did excellently well. I went back to school three days before school resumption and that week was when the results were being released bit by bit.

The first set I saw was good, the second set was fair and the third set was poor. Very poor, I have never cried over my result.

I saw it and couldn't believe it, I reloaded the site and saw the same thing then tears started dripping. I cried and forgot I haven't eaten, I failed the course I so much love and I was telling myself that I must not fail that course. Reasons being that:

1. My HOD is the one taking the course
2. I love the course and it's very understandable.

Then the result came out and I saw an F I couldn't get over it for a week. I cried and cried and didn't know what to tell my parents.

I wasn't only crying because I failed the course, I was crying because I have carryover like I am going to take the course again when I get to 200l.

Secondly, I was concerned about what my course mates will say and other students as being the Asst. Class rep.

I hate embarrassment, I hate it when people mock me. I thought of all these and kept on crying. I almost gave up on schooling, I was telling my friend no wonder people say "school is a scam" up on all my overnight reading, going to the library to read so this is the outcome.

I had already started planning a new life where I was seated. I was bold enough to tell my favorite lecturer about my result, she motivated me. She said all she could say to make me get over it and not see school as a scam.

After all the motivations and encouragement and advice. I watched so many videos of people who have failed more three times and are successful now.

A lady in one of the videos said " *do not fear failure", "Do not give up"* "Giving up is the birth of regrets".

She said, "the reality of life is that we will all hear more nos" and *WE WILL FAIL A LOT*.

You will fail at some point in your life accept, never compare yourself with others.

Keep moving, keep growing, and never forget that you are STELLAR. You are UNIQUE, you are EXCEPTIONAL, you are DIFFERENT.

Never give up!!!
© Olamide Dominic

I am STELLAR

Follow the Link to Read More : https://stephenadeblog..com/2020/06/my-experience-after-my-100-level-first.html?m=1

Follow my WhatsApp TV :
[url]https:///2347045422459?text=Hello%20STEPHEN%20ADE%20TV%20%F0%9F%A5%B0!%20I'd%20like%20to%20join%20your%20TV.%20%20my%20name%20is[/url]

Re: My Experience After My 100 Level First Semester Exam by hgnbello(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
Awan Motivational Speaker. Follow D Link Nd Read More Of Wat Biko?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience After My 100 Level First Semester Exam by joviegghead: 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2020
hgnbello:
Awan Motivational Speaker. Follow D Link Nd Read More Of Wat Biko?
Had similar experience, but lemme not talk. Let others drop comments. But my own experience had a glorious ending. But I went through hell.
Re: My Experience After My 100 Level First Semester Exam by Bigboy289(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
joviegghead:

Had similar experience, but lemme not talk. Let others drop comments.
But my own experience had a glorious ending. But I went through hell.
Talk wink

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Aiming Lasers (laser Pens) Against A Plane, Helicopter Or Drone / Adekunle Ajasin Admision / Mfa Certified Copy Of Credentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.