Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! (1142 Views)

What Have You Lost Interest In Recently? / I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by scokoro: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hello my good people of Nairalanders.
I have this family friend who is a single mother of one. She called last week to ask for my assistance and that she is losing her mind. I tried to ask her if she has complained to her husband. She bluntly told me they are no more that they are filing documentations for proper divorce. I told her there and then that the trauma she is experiencing could be as a result of fail(ing)ed marriage. I tried to make her understand that emotions attached to marriage is so strong that they can make anyone (both male and female) feel depressed when it is no longer working like planned (being married for over a decade myself). Rewind back in 2017, her husband left for the East to get a job (People come to the west to look for greener pasture and his is the other way round). I asked why she agreed to that unwholesome decision at the detriment of her young son (she said it was for interest of her family. Then, I would often call her to ask about Oga, all I got was that he was OK. It was when I knew that something was going wrong. This lady is working with the new generation bank.

In all she tried to convince me that the doctors say it's depression and diabetes. OK. Please go to the hospital and try follow the doctrines of managing diabetes and bounce back to health. She calls me to ask if I know any pastor that could help her and that she is sensing it is spiritual. I try as much as possible to encourage her that everything will be Ok if she prays harder.

She sounds troubled always and I think she is not having a peaceful life? I have read stories of how people complain to their loved ones how they feel and after a while they either take their own lives or kill people around them. Mental illness is a very serious thing in Nigeria.
Does anyone know what she can do to get better? Whatever advice you give can help out at this time matters so much to other reading this. We don't want to lose anyone in the fight against mental illness.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Kriss216: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
She needs a therapist not a pastor.

If she's a friend and you truly want to help, don't just sit at the phone and be telling her what to do and what she needs, reach out to her.. Visit her and help get a therapist for her.

Don't wait till she kick bucket, then you'll fly down, and even buy aseobi and start shedding unnecessary tears. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by HarunaWest(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Is she close to her family?
This is the moment she needs her family not her husband or friend.
Tell her to take a break and visit her people. Maybe she will find consolation in that.
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Artiiclebeast: 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Please, get her help and visit her in person to cheer her up if possible.

Depression/mental health issues is a very silent killer.

She is obviously getting suicidal, and your show of love and care would go a very long way.
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by frozen70(f): 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
scokoro:
I have this family friend who is a single mother of one. She called last week to ask for my assistance and that she is losing her mind. I tried to ask her if she has complained to her husband. She bluntly told me they are no more that they are filing documentations for proper divorce. I told her there and then that the trauma she is experiencing could be as a result of fail(ing)ed marriage. I tried to make her understand that emotions attached to marriage is so strong that they can make anyone (both male and female) feel depressed when it is no longer working like planned (being married for over a decade myself). Rewind back in 2017, her husband left for the East to get a job (People come to the west to look for greener pasture and his is the other way round). I asked why she agreed to that unwholesome decision at the detriment of her young son (she said it was for interest of her family. Then, I would often call her to ask about Oga, all I got was that he was OK. It was when I knew that something was going wrong. This lady is working with the new generation bank.

In all she tried to convince me that the doctors say it's depression and diabetes. OK. Please go to the hospital and try follow the doctrines of managing diabetes and bounce back to health. She calls me to ask if I know any pastor that could help her and that she is sensing it is spiritual. I try as much as possible to encourage her that everything will be Ok if she prays harder.

She sounds troubled always and I think she is not having a peaceful life? I have read stories of how people complain to their loved ones how they feel and after a while they either take their own lives or kill people around them. Mental illness is a very serious thing in Nigeria.
Does anyone know what she can do to get better? Whatever advice you give can help out at this time matters so much to other reading this. We don't want to lose anyone in the fight against mental illness.

The truth is that everything around her has failed her, especially marriage and the guy she is married to

Now she is depressed and sees herself as being alone in the world

Even the presence of her son is no longer making an impact on her quite unlike other women that will take solace in their children

The good thing in her own case is that she is working so she goes out and comes in

I will suggest you visit her, spend weeks with her or she visits you spends time with you

She is already depressed no doubt but that visit will make her feel loved and happier

Marriage this days shouldn't be taken to heart or taken serious, bitter things are happening these days and no one knows why

She really need to stay with some one be it a man or a woman

She needs a companion and if she can get a lover and engage in sex and romance, she will be good from in to out

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Juliusmomoh: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
Honestly, I have nothing to say
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by jigganigga: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
she is suffering from lustinterestvilious eacrupiusio,
thanks
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Mindlog: 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Kriss216:
She needs a therapist not a pastor.

If she's a friend and you truly want to help, don't just sit at the phone and be telling her what to do and what she needs, reach out to her.. Visit her and help get a therapist for her.

Don't wait till she kick bucket, then you'll fly down, and even buy aseobi and start shedding unnecessary tears. embarassed

Well captured, she needs a therapist who would professionally help her release repressed emotions and cognitively restructure as that is where Cognitive Behavioural Therapy will help her a lot in addressing her depressed state.
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by longetivity(m): 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
take her to a psychologist
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by meobizy(f): 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
If you're married, what are you doing with a female friend? I hope this is not her ploy to try making herself your second wife. Many women are scared of being alone despite rejecting single men during their youth. She should face her family and leave you in peace. See you, sef, carrying another man's throwaway like it's your wife's matter. That woman needs to follow the doctor's prescription and leave your family alone while at it. See a better idea, ask your wife what you should do regarding this matter. She'll give the best advice over any Nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by ThothHermes: 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
scokoro:

Tell her to download and start listening to Koinonia messages by Joshua Selman.
Please do. She has nothing to lose by doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by shestrong(f): 7:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
frozen70:

The truth is that everything around her has failed her, especially marriage and the guy she is married to

Now she is depressed and sees herself as being alone in the world

Even the presence of her son us no longer making an impact on her quite unlike other women that will take solace in their children

The good thing in her own case is that she is working so she goes out and comes in

I will suggest you visit her, spend weeks with her or she visits you spends time with you

She is already depressed no doubt but that visit will make her feel loved and happier

Marriage this days shouldn't be taken to heart or taken serious, bitter things are happening these days and no one knows why

She really need to stay with some one be it a man or a woman

She needs a companion and if she can get a lover and engage in sex and romance, she will be good from in to out
Sorry but sex and romance cannot heal a depressed person pls..
Love of family and friends can help..
visiting a therapist can go a longer way..e.t.c
But only time heals all wounds.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by frozen70(f): 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
shestrong:

Sorry but sex and romance cannot heal a depressed person pls..
Love of family and friends can help..
visiting a therapist can go a longer way..e.t.c
But only time heals all wounds.

You know we have different types of depression

You and I don't know what form of depression she is passing through

But I believe that having someone from the opposite sex, who will shows love to you, can as well make you happy

Sex is another way of feeling happy unless you don't experience orgasm
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by shestrong(f): 9:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
frozen70:

You know we have different types of depression

You and I don't know what form of depression she is passing through

But I believe that having someone from the opposite sex, who will shows love to you, can as well make you happy

Sex is another way of feeling happy unless you don't experience orgasm
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
meobizy:
If you're married, what are you doing with a female friend? I hope this is not her ploy to try making herself your second wife. Many women are scared of being alone despite rejecting single men during their youth. She should face her family and leave you in peace. See you, sef, carrying another man's throwaway like it's your wife's matter. That woman needs to follow the doctor's prescription and leave your family alone while at it. See a better idea, ask your wife what you should do regarding this matter. She'll give the best advice over any Nairalander.

Don’t post like a heartless fiend please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by jasent(m): 3:50am On Jun 24, 2020
scokoro:

I don't knw why she brings pastor into this,this a case of emotional instability/depression..Tell her to visit any psychiatric hospital and ask for a clinical psychiatrist.
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Mindlog: 5:57am On Jun 24, 2020
jasent:
I don't knw why she brings pastor into this,this a case of emotional instability/depression..Tell her to visit any psychiatric hospital and ask for a clinical psychiatrist.

Nah, e neva reach psychiatric hospital. She needs to see a clinical/counseling psychologist who should conduct a depression screening and score it, if the result points to clinical depression that is where the psychiatrist comes in for medication which should be combined with talk therapy.
Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:18am On Jun 24, 2020
[s]
meobizy:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Help, My Friend Claims She Has Lost Interest In Everything Around Her!!! by Deltayankeeboi: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2020
Sadly, the population of the world is too much. We need drastic reduction, so I suggest you leave her alone. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Where Una Dey See Husband?.married Women!! / I Hate Seeing Him Like This / Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.