Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,599 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always (1148 Views)

A Guest Telling Me My Body Is Smelling In My Own House. / Please For Married Men How Do You Cope With Excess Luggages In Your Room From W / 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by DEGREE2466(m): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
You know that moment you just stepped out of your room and on coming inside, the smell from outside is different from the smell inside. You will perceive some not-so-pleasant smell. It gets worse if you went out to bring visitors in. You will become uncomfortable and uneasy knowing the visitors will perceive the same corrosive odour.

This smell is something you will not notice if you are in your apartment until you step out and come back in. That's when you will notice the difference and on staying for 10 to 15 minutes, your nose will get accustomed with the smell and so for any new person that enters and stays.

Although some odour can be so strong that staying in the place for one hour will still not make you get used to the smell. The only option is to leave the place cry

You notice that people with this type of problem always spray perfume and air freshener when expecting a visitor. This will be fair if the room remains ventilated because a small heat will turn the nice smelling perfume/air freshener into a deadly smelling place.

Now, how do you ensure that your room/apartment maintains fresh natural air all the time? Read...

1. Always wash your dishes: Some food have terrible smell when you eat and leave the dishes unwashed. Foods like beans, fish, egusi soup, etc. Try to wash your plates as soon as possible to avoid the smell from the kitchen contaminating your room.

2. Discard your waste bin regularly: You know the saying that a person that sold dog to buy monkey still has a squatting animal at home. Washing your dishes, putting the leftover food into the trash can should be followed by discarding the wastes.

3. Don't leave used clothes in the room: If you have the habit of packing your dirty clothes up until they are plenty to wash, you are polluting your room. Those dirty sweaty clothes will change the fresh air in your room. Always wash as you wear.

4. Not taking your bath regularly: As an adult, you are required to take your bath at least twice daily. I had a friend that spent three months with me when he came to my city for a banking job training. This guy will never take his bath when he returns from his training even with all the sweating and rubbing of body with market women and all manners of people inside the public bus. It's not like we don't have water, water is running or is available in my place at all times but laziness to go to the bathroom and bath. I had to put up with sleeping on the same bed with him within that three months until he was done with his training and left.

It does not cost anything to bath after a day's work. When you don't, you will sleep on your bed with all the sweats making the bed absorb not just the sweat but a smelling one. Fresh air will elude you if you continue with this bad habit.

5. Not keeping the toilet clean: You know that urine smells as bad as faeces if not worse? A little drop of water each time you wee wee will ensure your room/apartment does not have foul smell when you or someone else enters it.

6. Prevent entrance of rodents: Those rats running around your apartment can cause some horrible smell. They leave some undesirable bad smell that infiltrates your room and cause foul smell. Try as much as possible to prevent them from getting in.

7. Wash your bedsheets and pillow cases always: No matter how much you take your bath, chances are that you will soak the bed and pillow with sweats especially at night when there's no power supply. To keep your room fresh, wash your bed spreads as often as you can and maintain hygienic fresh air environment.

Written by Degree2466

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by lakesidepapa(m): 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
You're really on point
Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by Oizee(f): 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2021
really nice
Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by Lifeandstyle(f): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2021
Op you forgot to add Use Air freshener, all these are normal personal hygiene one should put in place.
Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 18, 2021
You forgot to add offensive pussy odour from very dirty girls.
Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by kuse2(m): 7:28am On Mar 18, 2021
Cleanliness is next to godliness..

Rooms get stuffy when there is no proper hygiene or when the room is not well aerated.

Make sure you open your windows to allow circulation of fresh air. You can also get dehumidifier.. It helps

Selah!
Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by DEGREE2466(m): 9:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Lifeandstyle:
Op you forgot to add Use Air freshener, all these are normal personal hygiene one should put in place.

That's artificial. I listed ways to get natural smell devoid of funny odour
Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by Saintmary(f): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2021
Well done
Re: 7 tips to keep your room smelling natural and fresh always by Collins4444: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2021
Please anyone in need of *Melon ( egusi ), peeled and Unpeeled *Maize (white and yellow) *Soya beans *Irish potatoes *sweet potatoes *Carrots *Strawberry *Cabbage *Zobo leaves *Onions and other items, Are available at affordable prices. Reach me on 08164195788

(1) (Reply)

** / Clean LG 43 Inches 4k Smart Tv For Quick Sale / Which Names: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.