Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,946 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh (1074 Views)

Ada Kirikiri Gifts Nkem Owoh A Goat As Gift / Nana Frema: Cosmetic Surgery Has Prevented Me From Getting Movie Roles / Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh by AmeboBook: 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
Nkem Owoh also known as Osuofia, needs absolutely no introduction as he is one of the most popular actors in Nollywood. In an interview with Igbo TV, the “Ukwa” star talks about Nollywood, role interpretations and what makes him different from others in the Nigeria movie industry.

Excerpts below.

How did acting start for you?

I never thought of acting, l would say acting to me was a gift, it just came right from my early stage of life, I was into lots of things back then it was believed that everybody in sciences we’re the brilliant one’s so I left everything that has to do with arts to creativity in my heart. I was just pursuing sciences but I discovered that no matter how I try to push it away, I mean the gift of acting, it just keeps coming back to me, just the expression I give, people laugh about it so at the end of the day the comedy aspect of me came naturally for me so I would say acting was not something I planned for, it just came naturally.

Which of your movies would you say shot you to limelight?

I think am not in the best position to answer that question myself because people love me for different movies I have done, some prefer Osuofia in London, some love Ukwa, while some people would say oh they love Omuogwu, the one I acted with Patience Ozokwor, so I can’t even say or tell anybody this is it but all the same I can tell you the one I enjoyed most economically (laughs!!!) The ones that sent me straight to the bank are the ones that attract me mostly such as Osuofia in London which is a cross-cultural drama. I like to do things very challenging. Apart from that, there is a film I did once when I was younger, it was a story that was told to me by my grandmother, so when someone brought the script that was similar to that, I loved it. I acted the lead and it was titled The King of the Jungle, I had so much attachment with that particular movie mainly because of my grandmother but I don’t know if it made it economically.

How true is it that you don’t go by scripts but interpret roles your own way?

You see when you are acting drama and you are advancing in films there are certain things that just start becoming part of you. I believe script is a guide, I interpret it in my own way, what I need is essence or the concept you want to send across but at the same time, if I interpret it my own way and you don’t like it, you can bring your own except when it becomes obscene, that is only when I will say no but once it’s within my comfort zone, it’s fine by me.

https://www.amebobook.com/i-dont-need-scripts-to-interpret-movie-roles-nkem-owoh/

Source: Amebo Book

Re: I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh by Humblesam(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Surely you're a gift to comedy. You don't stress yourself making us to laugh to stupor.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh by Goldencheese(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
I just love this guy. Never bored watching any of his movies.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh by MrSensor(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
grin Talented actor.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh by kissGuys: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
Osuofia nailed me to the floor in one movie.. "My in-law"

He roasted clems ohameze so comically that i felt pity for the guy...

The movie is so funny from start to finish... I really miss nollywood of the old days...

Now all they do is pack talentless girls that give dem down below for free and bore our screens with stiff acting..

If not for cinema movies like.. Living in bondage and other great replicas... Nollywood would have been a carcas long forgotten.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh by MuttleyLaff: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
kissGuys:
Osuofia nailed me to the floor in one movie.. "My in-law"

He roasted clems ohameze so comically that i felt pity for the guy...

The movie is so funny from start to finish... I really miss nollywood of the old days...

Now all they do is pack talentless girls that give dem down below for free and bore our screens with stiff acting..

If not for cinema movies like.. Living in bondage and other great replicas... Nollywood would have been a carcas long forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Ldzt7uXxs
Re: I Don’t Need Scripts To Interpret Movie Roles - Nkem Owoh by kissGuys: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid, Olamide & Naira Marley Unfollow Davido On Instagram / Sad!!! 16 Year Old Female Celebrity Commits Suicide / I Like Dudes Jostling Over Me – Mercy Eke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.