Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

I Will Succeed In Turkey-oparanozie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Will Succeed In Turkey-oparanozie (2451 Views)

Desire Oparanozie Battered During AWCON Match / Oparanozie Writes Off Namibia In AYC Clash / Oparanozie Open Goal Scoring Account In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Succeed In Turkey-oparanozie by honeric01(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2011
Super Falcons striker, Desire Oparanozie is looking to hit the ground running for her new Turkish side, Duvenciler Lisesi Spor Kulubu.

- Vote for Nigeria's 50 greatest players

Desire became the second Nigerian, after Onome Ebi, to sign for the club this week.

She is expected to make her debut against Gazi Üniversitesispor this weekend and the former Delta Queens of Asaba pearl is looking to make a crushing contribution for her side.

“I want to do my best in every game I play. I am a young player and I am willing to learn. I hope to do well,” she told SuperSport.com.

It is uncharted territory for Oparanozie who is making her professional bow in Europe after stints with Nigerian women's clubs, Delta Queens and former double champions, Bayelsa Queens.

Her former Coach at Delta Queens, Peter Dedevbo sees her achieving great things in Turkey.

“She is a very hard working player and I am sure she will achieve great things in Turkey.

All she needs to do is to remain focused and keep working hard,” he told SuperSport.com.

The Turkish Women's Premier League (Bayanlar 1. Ligi) was established in 1993 starting with the 1993-94 season. The 2000-2001 season was apparently the first official competition.

Three consecutive seasons between 2003 and 2005 were not played. Currently, 10 clubs compete in the league

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/110128/I_will_succeed_in_TurkeyOparanozie

Re: I Will Succeed In Turkey-oparanozie by semid4lyfe(m): 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hmmm. . . .The turkish female football league is in it's infant stages & largely experimental at best and it could pack up at any time. I would have preferred her to move to a scandinavian country (Norway, Sweden or Finland) which has an established female football league.

Still, she's a good player and only needs to improve on her finishing in front of goal. Wishing her the best. . . . .
Re: I Will Succeed In Turkey-oparanozie by honeric01(m): 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2011
She can as well score like 200 goals in her first season, Turkey is not known when it comes to female football. grin

(1) (Reply)

Messi Makes Fun Of Coutinho During Superclasico Clash With Brazil / Kanu Nwankwo Donates Building To University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital / Nigeria Call Up 36 To Flying Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.