Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank (59322 Views)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Fiyiola: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nothing beats doing your Shit (I mean own a Business)
All employment types are all contracted.
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Olawrites: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
timiehyinshittu:

Even core staff are going into business..u beta wake up if u have something grounded..wait till ur business can give u min of 60k per month then quit.If u spend half the time and energy u use in the bank to develop ur biz,in a year,u mite build to 150monthly..something u will Neva do in a bank. considering ur age

My online biz give above 60k monthly and work at my own pace in between jobs . ..I earn in USD

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
NaijaDisclaimer:
OP if you like your future, better quite and start hustling on ur own now, though it'll be a bit tough at the start, but trust me, you'll live never to regret this as you'll get to find out that you actually made the right move later on.

I resigned from my contract job as a teller last year with Access Bank when I realized that one "small guy" like that in my branch was getting times 5 of my salary, just imagine that, d guy was getting 280k monthly with an official car to aid his marketing outings.

bros, I couldn't be at my best since d day I got to find out abt his pay.

Outside this salary thing, you're totally like a slave to both the bank and real REAL bank staffs.

You need to see the way my manager used to talk to sm contract staffs in my branch then, you're nothing but a boy to them no matter how you look. They're your boss even if you're their senior, whatever they say, you're expected to do it, be it in a rude or polite way, you're just expected to sh*t d fk up and do ur job.

my people, the kinda fights and quarrels that used to occur then at my branch wasn't just here. I in particular don't use to talk nor laugh with them, except they call in to avoid being insulted cos this is what I got to find out then at my branch, the more u get to open up to them, the more they get to talk down at you especially if you're on contract.

guys to cut d whole thing short, I left the job to further my school, currently on my M.Tech( Masters) now.

I rather go back to school than waste my life working for a peanut pay and still not being seen as anything by my follow workers.

I'm not yet there, but I'll surely get there. I am also into online business and I mk far more than my pay now.. To the glory of God
bro abeg align me with ur kind of online business na

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by ibinaboonline: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
I don't know much about banking but you sound like you're doing okay if you have a good head on your shoulder. By the way, I know a man who left his job as a bank manager and went into import biz. Of course he saved up his capital from the bank job but ever since he went into import biz, dear God, man don blow no be small one. Four storey buildings everywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
is this cargo transport or regular commuter transport?

but to say weekly pay is only less than 3000 naira, that no be work ooo!! i think 60k per month bank contract work is better.

IFNOTGOD:

u need consult those who are into full time transportation in lag.

but it's a good biz when there is no traffic on d road
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2020

but to say weekly pay is only less than 3000 naira, that no be work ooo!! i think 60k per month bank contract work is better
IFNOTGOD:

u need consult those who are into full time transportation in lag.

but it's a good biz when there is no traffic on d road
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Olawrites: 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
35824L:
You have something doing and you are complaining. Do you know the respect that society gives you for having a verifiable job you do? And there is no way you can be a banker and have anytime for online business unless you are into bet9ja, Bitcoin etc which are not even reliable sources of income.

I know someone who was earning 30k a month in a microfinance bank and he got married with that salary and you are here talking nonsense as if you were forced to take the job.

Lazy and greedy youths of these days.

Lol seek for knowledge

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
Olawrites:
Is there any future for me as a contract employee in a Nigerian bank. Pay is 60k after tax. In Lagos the cost of living is very harsh.

My dilemma is I'm not fulfilled being a contract staff. Feel like I'm wasting my youthful days. Though, I have online biz to survive on if at all I resign. I'm also building more model.

But then, I'm looking at the career prospect in the future.

I need elderly advise pls

I need front page please biko ejo
pls can u teach me d Digital marketing
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
marketing online?
too true to believe. even earning in USD. too true to believe.

Olawrites:

My online biz give above 60k monthly and work at my own pace in between jobs . ..I earn in USD
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Vietnaminfo(m): 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
Olawrites:
Is there any future for me as a contract employee in a Nigerian bank. Pay is 60k after tax. In Lagos the cost of living is very harsh.

My dilemma is I'm not fulfilled being a contract staff. Feel like I'm wasting my youthful days. Though, I have online biz to survive on if at all I resign. I'm also building more model.

All I will advise you is to remain steadfast and do your job diligently. There are many people wanting to take that your job and preferred to be paid less that your salary. It is not rosy outside the labour market once Nigeria is co concern. I will advise you to have a goal target and works towards it. Save atleast 50k a month and have a goal plan of working for 1or 2 year depending on your goal plans and make use of your savings to start up something or know what you will use it to go into. May God be your guild.
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by klawaaa: 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
My advice for you is to do all within your reach to plan leave that job for better things in life. You can even go back to school and earn more degree. If you are a graduate, there are lots of opportunities for scholarships for graduate programs abroad. Please save your youthful age and go for something more rewarding. Time in life is the most valuable asset which when missused can never be regained!
Olawrites:

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Olawrites: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
Yankee101:
1. How old are u? Does your bank convert, and at what age?
2. Transfer to a cheaper state? Will your business model work outside lagos?
3. Tried using your work experience to apply for full staff in other banks?
4. Tried applying for other jobs in Lagos?

If you work in a bank, your biggest advantage is mixing with successful business folks. Adk questions. Find how you can do same business even on a smaller scale

My business model is one that can be done from anywhere, even in a remote village and so far there's Internet
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
frog12:
may we look at am. 60k monthly. say 1.5k transport daily. that na 30k per month 30k remaining is good for feeding and rent.
wetin be your problem ?
1.5k for tp? is he travelling to work
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Mayeldah(m): 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
Olawrites:

Except you are in the Operations dept in the bank but if you are in sales or Relationship Management, then your banking experience will give you a leverage in moving to another bank as a full time or another company as a sales or Portfolio management staff and earn big.

start looking at porting...
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
1500 naira for daily transport to work.

banjo022:
1.5k for tp? is he travelling to work
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
digital marketing, i see. marketing garri or meat and pepper sellers
which one?
and they dey pay you in USD
in nigeria

why you dey lie !!!!! ?

Olawrites:

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
once in a while, we get these types of people. dey go change their nicknames and post these types of nonsense.

unless you are a FOREX TRADER, which other work you dey do remote from a village and you dey earn USD and you no like you contract work at a bank! why would anyone even believe you?

Olawrites:

My business model is one that can be done from anywhere, even in a remote village and so far there's Internet

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Afolashade00(f): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
Dadaboy:
Wow so people gets paid for a month 60k ?

I’m a real niccur. This thread is not for me.

Some people receive lesser amount

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Olawrites: 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
frog12:
you market biz on websites

that must be tough

No it's interesting if you could understand the knits
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by flexyrule(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Olawrites:

My age is beyond the range. Corporate slavery I must say
Run for you life.
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
frog12:
1500 naira for daily transport to work.
I know
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Olawrites: 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
frog12:
once in a while, we get these types of people. dey go change their nicknames and post these types of nonsense.

unless you are a FOREX TRADER, which other work you dey do remote from a village and you dey earn USD and you no like you contract work at a bank! why would anyone even believe you?

Freelancing on Fiverr Upwork

It's not a must you believe. Is it?

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
outsourcing website.

and what work do you do they exactly? website design? they get millions of coders in india doing gigs work.

Olawrites:

Freelancing on Fiverr Upwork

It's not a must you believe. Is it?
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by ImaIma1(f): 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
Roon9:
Hmm... Bro you don't even know what God is doing for you with that 60k after tax. Expand your online biz and save as much as you can from this your current job.

You are not wasting atall bro. Don't second guess yourself kiss

60k? We should learn to dream big and expect more instead of being satisfied because some people earning less. What about the people earning more? 200k, 300k and above.

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by TCD: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
Why not move to a better paying bank for contract staff? Do all banks pay this same rate for their contract staff?
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Olawrites: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
frog12:
outsourcing website.

and what work do you do they exactly? website design? they get millions of coders in india doing gigs work.

Far from those
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by IFNOTGOD(m): 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
frog12:

but to say weekly pay is only less than 3000 naira, that no be work ooo!! i think 60k per month bank contract work is better.

regular transportation.

gross I make 6k daily though not full time just going to work n back but den fuel 3k(if traffic dey) n toll gate at lekki to n fro den is 650.

like 250 dat normal one but ikoyi side is 400 so give n take u make like 2k daily if I carry only lekki straight from my area but if I carry vi it's less Dan dat.

d fear of lastma at iyana oworo may not make u load to Berger in d evening, dey stress u n if u no sharp u don lose b dat.

for Sienna dey have a park at Berger but don't have at ajah, u have to do pick pick to get to Berger.

weekly I get close to 5/6k but Uber is different so u need speak to those doing Uber to know d real deal but transportation biz looks great from d outside but not really how it seem inside due to police, traffic n bad road.

those with Toyota Hiace bus will gain more n if u have steady passenger dat u take to n fro work den u won't have many issues but if do pick pick issue dey

u can get d money n den one small thing u go feel say village people dey on ur mata

never ever stop for toll gate o those lastma no dey laugh always o.

but it's a nice deal if no traffic, no agbero or police harassment.

never done full time just part time

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by desh217: 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
well, it is quite very okay when as a youth, you understand the essence of being independent and financially stable.. these are your goals but it takes drastic and right decisions to reach them.. I work with a US company in Nigeria.. we are making a product that everyone needs and are growing fast.. these products are saving lives and individuals are making money from the company...

i will share a link to an online meeting with us this evening by 8:30pm..

https://zoom.us/j/97120207846
password is :111
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by dalass(f): 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
Intrepid01:

Okay then, forgive me ma’am.

No qualms bro grin
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by hinere(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hmmm...what will I say. Contract staff. This reminds me of a friend of mine who got a job as a Contract Staff in a Bank. Immediately he got the job, his pride level increased to 150%. Infact he stopped talking to me. If he is coming back from work, everybody on the street will know.

His own sef na Pride Gear 2. I started wishing I worked in a bank as a contract staff.

One month later, they sacked him....infact, I heard the management sent them a text on Sunday night not to resume the next day...Monday.

He has been hiding from me ever since.

Say No To Pride...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by frog12: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
if it works for you, good !

is paypal account a requirement for remittances?

then why do you need advice if online biz is giving income more than 60k monthly? is that not enough? you think it will not last?
then go back to school!

Olawrites:

Far from those
Re: My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank by Crochet: 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hi wale please write me gojackchika@gmail.com
Olawrites:

Far from those

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos / Who Has Used Victor Ola ( Noieltsexams) Canadian Program / Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.