Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss (489 Views)

After Business Name Registration With Cac What Next / Don't Amplify Your Business, Loss Tons Of Customers In 2020 / Bring In 300,000 Naira Only. Enjoy Profit Returns After Business Is Established (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss by Greenlily: 12:38am On Jun 24, 2020
I need advice and emotional support as depression is starting to set in due to my difficulty is holding up after loosing my funds.

I work with a bank as a team lead and last year i decided to venture into an oil leasing business which i took loans from a cooperative to finance about 3million naira. I did feasibility studies before venturing into the business to ensure i get something reasonable and sustain the business. However it was my first shot at business as i was seeking for an alternative to the bank job due to job insecurity.
I was repaying the loan as i was doing the business but at a point i discovered that ability to buy more than one compartment of fuel will help me do more in the business. So i borrowed from a friend to support the business and i added all my savings to support the business too.
Then came the Covid 19 issues and it affected oil price with pump prices changing regularly.
I ran into problem paying my loans and holding up. Now my business gradually came crashing with only my job left and still paying my loans.
I started feeling bad about my situation but i kept believing in God for a way to rise again.
But the issue is that a friend i took a loan from to support the business is now threatening to report me at work if i don't pay up before the month ends. I never believe he could put my career in line. I am loosing appetite and even concentration at work.
I cant even sleep anymore , i am so worried , restless and loosing hope.
I seek for advice from any one with similar business challenge in the past to advise on how i can rise again. I am feeling depressed that my hustle is burning down.
Please advise a brother while i hope i make it through. I just need a wink of hope.
Re: How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 24, 2020
Come clean.

What happened to your capital ? Because that is what you should debit to pay him.

Buying and selling involves capital rotation. where was your capital before Covid 19 struck ?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss by Luckydubby7(m): 2:32am On Jun 24, 2020
Always remember that your friend borrowed you money didn't made him richer than you. He only assisted as a friend. Him too get his personal needs. Pls find a way to pay him back his money.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 24, 2020
I'm not in a good mood to make comments right now, but I will try.
First, @op, you failed to understand something. In business, you are not suppose to put in everything when you have not seen positive result from the first investment. 3m loan then you went again borrowing from your friend and put in everything you have. That's not wise enough incaes of next time.
Now, you need to be humble and view from your friend's point. You have to plead with him and you need to take it easy on yourself.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss by RedPanthar: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
I once saw a man with over 100 Million in debt. Since that day, I humbled myself. Look on the bright side of things. First, seek a counselor and speak with someone. Some churches pay up debts like this on behalf of their members. Seek such churches and become an active member

1 Like

Re: How Do I Rise Again After Business Loss by Observer20: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
Alright

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make Money From An Online Course / How Can You Start A Cinema Business In Nigeria / How To Build A Multi Million Naira Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.