Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid (19216 Views)

Real Madrid Are LA Liga Champions / Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far / Highest Goalscorers In La Liga So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by ogbiwa: 6:38am On Jun 24, 2020
Ivan Rakitic scored the only goal as Barcelona beat Athletic Bilbao to move back to the top of La Liga.

The substitute latched onto Lionel Messi's pass before slotting home with 19 minutes to go.

It was a 15th La Liga assist of the season for Messi, who remains on 699 career goals despite going close himself on two separate occasions in the closing stages.

Real Madrid can go back to the top if they beat Mallorca on Wednesday.

Barcelona were far from their best but did enough to grind out this victory. With Real Madrid having a better head-to-head record, Barca need their rivals to slip up even if they win every remaining game.

Mid-table Athletic had beaten the Catalans twice this season - on the opening day of La Liga and in the Copa del Rey quarter-final - but failed to test goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen once.

Messi, who turns 33 on Wednesday, was hoping his 700th career goal would come - and he was close when he cut in and curled wide, before again missing the target from Ansu Fati's pass.

But he still helped Barca win the game when he fed Rakitic, who scored his first goal of the season. Messi's 15 assists in La Liga this season have helped Barca pick up 15 points.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53157885

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by logon599: 6:38am On Jun 24, 2020
We've entered the see saw season

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Temmylee01(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2020
The wey Barca dey cut my tickets, their carrier self go end under 2.5 this season awon oloshi

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Bomboiy: 7:03am On Jun 24, 2020
A very important victory.

Messi is a genius,if he's not scoring he's assisting his teammates, unlike someone that I wouldn't like to mention.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by paulolee(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
dont jus know the real problem of barca, they started the post covid era of football with that beautiful win against mallorca but now it seems that win was just a fluke, this is not the barca team i once knew, i know they are always messidependent for years back but it have not been worst like wat am seeing this days, barca cant win an away game and the worst is that they are still struggling at home, its just terrible watching barca whenever messi is not on his A game, i blame the useless board for thier stupid transfers and the coach too for this boring kinda play,
with away fixtures in celta, villareal and home against atheltico still to play, i don't think this barca i saw last nite can win the league even if madrid drop points because messi and ter stegen cant keep saving thier mediocre asses..
they should jus start preparing for next season and i pray they get a creative midfielder like pjanic, a confident attacker in neyma, lautaro or auba....
was too frustrating watching dt match last nite.....
from a pained barca fan.

9 Likes

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by DrNueLpureHoney: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2020
Na luck wey Barcelona dey take win matches dx days...They really need to step up

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by vanida6: 8:56am On Jun 24, 2020
We will soon be ontop table again cool HALA MADRID

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by yungsmart(m): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2020
Always showing up

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by internationalman(m): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2020
Abeg let Madrid win it if they like.

I mean how many league title have they won since Messi and Ronaldo came into limelight..

Laliga is easy, yet Ronaldo's Madrid won it just twice in 9 years of Ronaldo's stay at Madrid.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Popkaann(f): 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2020
Yeah that's whats up
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by tillaman(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
We dey reboot make una no worry Barcelona is surely going to retain that top position!!
Real Madrid and others can eat shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Emax911: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
madrid all d way

1 Like

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Phemmyhohjor(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ui
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Edopesin: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
we only care about the person that gave the assist
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Phemmyhohjor(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
Every team Dey ginger only Arsenal dey scrub floor.. wahala.

Have you visited @Shadesbycocodammy_ on IG for your quality sunglasses? Do you need a prescription glasses? Do you wanna sell sunglasses? We help with wholesales rate! Check bio to contact us. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by nurez305(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
As if Madrid have played their own match

1 Like

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by gurunlocker: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
grin

Barcelona spent months as #1 in laliga top spot, we didn't see any post about it.

But Real Madrid got the #1 spot few days ago, and it became news. That's kinda funny.

Sure they will retain their spot today though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Emax911: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
internationalman:
Abeg let Madrid win it if they like.

I mean how many league title have they won since Messi and Ronaldo came into limelight..

Laliga is easy, yet Ronaldo's Madrid won it just twice in 9 years of Ronaldo's stay at Madrid.

if Madrid dash u five champions league....barca won't reach, y u were busy struggling on top 3-teams laliga, they were conquering Europe. lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by gungab(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
That's good
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by nairavsdollars(f): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
Arsenal is the only team that Barca fears

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Olarewaju89: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
paulolee:
my team is suffering...cnt win the league like dis

I doubt if will can win anything this season self. cry

They are not playing to my own satisfaction at all. Barto have to leave Barca by December.

1 Like

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Lisong(m): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by YorubaKinging: 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Football is just a distraction
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Olarewaju89: 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
nurez305:
As if Madrid have played their own match

Match at hand is not count because anything can happen.
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Olarewaju89: 1:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Football is just a distraction

How?

5 Likes

Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by chiefolododo(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ivan Rakitic is Barcelona best player but Messi wants him out
Re: Ivan Rakitic Goal Sends Barcelona Back To The Top Of La Liga Above Real Madrid by Aflix(m): 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burnley Vs Manchester City (1 - 4) On 3rd December 2019 / Manchester United Vs FC Zorya Luhasnk : Europa League (1 - 0) On 29th Sept 2016 / Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, West Ham Or Tottenham: Who'll Rule London This Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.