Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him (33866 Views)

Barcelona Team Bus Leaves Lionel Messi At Anfield After Liverpool Defeat / Ajuma Ameh Otache Dies At 33 / Amaju Pinick Pictured With Lionel Messi At Fifa Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
TalabiAudu:
Messi at 33 is on terrible decline than Ronaldo was at 33, can't even score against a descent side except farmers.

He's now getting frustrated committing red card fouls upandan. I don't think the midget can take the heat of him declining.

GOAT of bottling.
Shameful announcement of retirement.

This season, Messi would finish trophyless, while Ororo at 35 can still boast of winning the league.

How would you all Messy stans explain to your kids that your GOAT had everything, trophies and awards but was useless to his nation. Not even a common spoon to show for playing for Argentina over a decade now..

What a shame.

Ororo is the greatest Portugal player.
The greatest Portuguese to play in La Liga, EPL, Serie A
Messi is not even the greatest player in his country.

Argentine Shatta Bandle.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by earnit1: 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
oh
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by ofiko123(m): 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
TalabiAudu:
Messi at 33 is on terrible decline than Ronaldo was at 33, can't even score against a descent side except farmers.

He's now getting frustrated committing red card fouls upandan. I don't think the midget can take the heat of him declining.

GOAT of bottling.

This season, Messi would finish trophyless, while Ororo at 35 can still boast of winning the league.

How would you all Messy stans explain to your kids that your GOAT had everything, trophies and awards but was useless to his nation. Not even a common spoon to show for playing for Argentina over a decade now..

What a shame.

Argentine Shatta Bandle.

grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy BIRTHDAY to my BOY....
Evergreen in my Heart.
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by tfash96(m): 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hezzyluv:
Happy birthday to the Barcelona Chikenlona Goat. grin they said he's the goat, but I know goat moves from one place to another they ain't static. Now, moving from one FC club to another ( characteristics of goat), we know who the real goat is.
like this goat

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Omonigeriarere: 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hezzyluv:
Happy birthday to the Barcelona Chikenlona Goat. grin they said he's the goat, but I know goat moves from one place to another they ain't static. Now, moving from one FC club to another ( characteristics of goat), we know who the real goat is.

Then you mother need to come and taste the dicks of many nairalanders to prove her fertility even after giving birth to six children. Is that not the highest form of stupidity, if the above statement is my belief?

For your info, my friend is still working in a company where he serves as a youth Corper, while I have worked with six different companies.

Funny enough, he is receiving better salary and also enjoy better condition of service as compared to mine.

If he is enjoying his condition of service due to his competency, and the Management of his company is doing all what they could to make him stay, is it not an act of idiosyncrasy for me to generalize that I am better than him because he stays with a company?

Everyone has his or her path to follow in life and they can never be synonymous even if one is born as a twins.

Even after the exit of the likes of Ronadhino, Deko, Eto, Villa, Henry, Puyol, Pedro, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta in Barcelona, Messi is still Messi.

Don't argue with me please because statistics on the number of golden boots, assists, take ones, successful dribbling, goal ratio etc are online for all to see.

I can't compare both in terms of dribblings, assists, takeons, etc because we know who is better. The the only aspect I rate Ronaldo high is in the aspect of goals. Do you know what? Messi has highest number of European Golden Shoes than him, even Balon D'Ors.

All hail the god of football...

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Kryptonvinyl(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
internationalman:

Anybody that still don't get why he's loyal to Barca for life is plainly stupid..

Instead of criticizing his decision, we should draw from his strength and loyalty...

Barca are ready to put Messi on their payroll for life.. That's love.

Happy death day to Michael Jackson tomorrow... Yes it's happy death day when legends die.

Instead of mourning their death, we celebrate their life.

Totti and Maldini were loyal to their clubs too, but they didn't renew their contract every 2 yrs. Messi has had at least 13 contract renewals.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by professore(m): 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
Softapplez:
Happy birthday to the king of football.

Lionel messi has not only being an inspiration, he is now the gold standard.

A man we can use as role model for our children.
A man we can tell stories on.

Lionel Messi made us realise that with GOD all things are possible.

He made us to know that you can be the best in the world and still be humble.

He made us realised that humility, respect and the love of GOD will take us far in life.

LIONEL MESSI made us to realise that you can stay and love one woman for the rest of your life and that you don't need to many girlfriends to become the best.

He made us to believe that we can be better husbands to our wife, and that men Indeed can be faithful to one woman.

He made us to believe with his goal celebration, that in all things, give glory to GOD.

HE made us to believe the page of the Bible that says, if a man is diligent in his works, he will eat before Kings of the earth.

Even former president of the United States of America, Barack Obama said and i quote:
I am the LIONEL MESSI of politics.

Even the pope of Catholic has many praises for LIONEL MESSI.

Presidents have invited him to their countries.

Kings and queens of the earth all adores him.

LIONEL MESSI is one of a kind.

You have made me to dream big and believe in GOD and myself.

Happy birthday my king.

by the order of the Peaky blinders.
If Lionel Messi represents all these, the I think I love him.
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Kryptonvinyl(m): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2020
jojofola:
Only a rugby tackle can stop Messi.

I'm wondering if a rugby tackle was needed when they played Liverpool last year

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
Amodsun:

By your analysis, then the goat should either be ibrahimovic or Anelka cos they are the players to have moved the most

Yeah u can compare Messi with Anelka n ibra, certainly mot with RONALDO

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:
nonsense
Yeah u make sense by sayin nonsensegrin
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
uthlaw:
to go and be scoring penalty!
And messi doesn't play penalty and score plenty offside abi?
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ruman:

Goat is domestic animal it stay at home. Ronaldo have Dr behavior of a wild animal, animal like bush pig

Lol.... grin
Ur house pig can stay in barca all his life
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Essence20(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Football legend
Happy birthday
More goals, more trophies
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by bayelsaowei(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hezzyluv:

Yeah u make sense by sayin nonsensegrin
its a good thing that sensible football viewers and legends do not have "changing football clubs" on their requirements list for nominating a world best..

So just move along..

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by bayelsaowei(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hezzyluv:

And messi doesn't play penalty and score plenty offside abi?
kindly remind us why ronaldo didn't single handedly win the 2 Cup finals for juventus?
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by lakesidepapa(m): 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
internationalman:

Anybody that still don't get why he's loyal to Barca for life is plainly stupid..

Instead of criticizing his decision, we should draw from his strength and loyalty...

Barca are ready to put Messi on their payroll for life.. That's love.

Happy death day to Michael Jackson tomorrow... Yes it's happy death day when legends die.

Instead of mourning their death, we celebrate their life.

Michael was born on August
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Larryallfather(m): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mehn!
That's my GOAT, and for those saying he should leave barcelona, you guys are ingrates, the club gave him opportunities when other clubs didn't even look his way.
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by waks1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2020
TreasureTayo:
To settle the matter

LIKE FOR MESSI, SHARE FOR RONALDO

Make we end am like that grin grin grin grin
Na wa for you, on messi's bday, who do u expect to win before..
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by humbleship(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
How stupid are some fool grin grin that can't differentiate human from animal? Obviously they are stupid tongue tongue tongue

Happy birthday to you, grate and wonderful player, grate MESSI
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
Omonigeriarere:

Then you mother need to come and taste the dicks of many nairalanders to prove her fertility even after giving birth to six children. Is that not the highest form of stupidity, if the above statement is my belief?

For your info, my friend is still working in a company where he serves as a youth Corper, while I have worked with six different companies.

Funny enough, he is receiving better salary and also enjoy better condition of service as compared to mine.

If he is enjoying his condition of service due to his competency, and the Management of his company is doing all what they could to make him stay, is it not an act of idiosyncrasy for me to generalize that I am better than him because he stays with a company?

Everyone has his or her path to follow in life and they can never be synonymous even if one is born as a twins.

Even after the exit of the likes of Ronadhino, Deko, Eto, Villa, Henry, Puyol, Pedro, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta in Barcelona, Messi is still Messi.

Don't argue with me please because statistics on the number of golden boots, assists, take ones, successful dribbling, goal ratio etc are online for all to see.

I can't compare both in terms of dribblings, assists, takeons, etc because we know who is better. The the only aspect I rate Ronaldo high is in the aspect of goals. Do you know what? Messi has highest number of European Golden Shoes than him, even Balon D'Ors.

All hail the god of football...

My Mother?
it's ok ooo... no problem.
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by JBoss25(m): 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy Birthday Dwarf! grin
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by internationalman(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
lakesidepapa:

Michael was born on August

I said death day not birth day
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by TreasureTayo(m): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
waks1:

Na wa for you, on messi's bday, who do u expect to win before..
lool CR7 get fans oo
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by fred04(m): 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday to the King
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Afolashade00(f): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2020
TalabiAudu:

GOAT of bottling.

What a shame.

Argentine Shatta Bandle.

You can't have it all. Enough of this about his home country . If you as a fan could feel this way do you know how he feels.
Let me enlighten you, being the best doesn't mean there wont be one or two things unacheived even the Ronaldo you hailed so much still has some unfulfilled mission go and ask him, go ahead and rub minds with other great people until then you will understand. Thanks
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by emmyw(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hezzyluv:
Happy birthday to Barcelona Chikenlona Goat. grin they said he's the goat, but I know goat moves from one place to another they ain't static. Now, moving from one FC club to another ( characteristics of a goat), we know who the real goat is.
Just Shut Up And Stop Hating People, what Have You Achieved In Life At Your Age? This Is Why People Don't Progress In Life, Why The hatred On Someone That Doesn't And Won't Even Know You Exist? Both Messi And Ronaldo Are Enjoying Their Lives, Here You Are Spitting Trash....
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by FlordFlorez(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
HBD the true G.O.A.T. June borns are special! I rep June29. Show me some love.
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by LEOSZ(m): 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nice, happy birthday messi

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Ayobami7(m): 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
emmyw:
Just Shut Up And Stop Hating People, what Have You Achieved In Life At Your Age? This Is Why People Don't Progress In Life, Why The hatred On Someone That Doesn't And Won't Even Know You Exist? Both Messi And Ronaldo Are Enjoying Their Lives, Here You Are Spitting Trash....

Grow up n b more mature. If I hate him, I wouldn't have wish him happy birthday. just normal fun in football (Adawa) dats all. but u can insult me oooo... no problem sir. more grace to ur elbow. 'cause I cant remember insulting u or Messi. Thanks
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
emmyw:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His Son, Joey 9th Birthday, Shares Adorable Photos / CAF Awards: Nigeria Wins In 4 Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.