Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him (33837 Views)

Barcelona Team Bus Leaves Lionel Messi At Anfield After Liverpool Defeat / Ajuma Ameh Otache Dies At 33 / Amaju Pinick Pictured With Lionel Messi At Fifa Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by obembet(f): 7:23am On Jun 24, 2020
Football icon Lionel Messi is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. Born on 24 June, 1987 in Rosario, Argentina, Messi signed up with Spain's FC Barcelona at the age of 13 and has since become one of the greatest footballers to have played the game. Also Read - Happy Birthday, Lionel Messi: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About the Football Icon

The Argentine continues to set new benchmarks for the others to follow, some maybe untouchable. He overcame a potential career-threatening medical condition at a young age before he began his goalscoring spree and winning trophies both. Also Read - La Liga: Ivan Rakitic Strikes as Barcelona Beat Athletic Bilbao 1-0 to Reclaim Top Spot

Here we take a look at the 10 interesting facts from his personal and professional career: Also Read - La Liga: Real Madrid go Top of Standings After Beating Real Sociedad 2-1

1. He was born in Rosario which also the birthplace of famous revolutionary Che Guevara.

2. When young, Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency. However, after signing with Barcelona, the Spanish giants agreed to pay for his treatment.

3. Made his Barcelona debut on November 16, 2003 during a friendly against FC Porto and official debut on October 16, 2004 against Espanyol in a 1-0 win.

4. Became the all-time leading goalscorer in Barcelona history in March 2014.

5. His Argentina debut lasted a mere 45 seconds having received a straight red card. He was reportedly offered the chance to represent Spain but he refused.

6. During 2012, Messi scored a record-breaking 79 goals for Barcelona and 12 for Argentina for a combined tally of 91 goals which is the most by any footballer in a calendar year.

7. He is a record six-time Ballon d'Or winner.

8. Has also won the European Golden Shoe award six times in 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.

9. Won Olympic gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

10. He is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and also runs Leo Messi Foundation that provides aid to children in need.

Source: https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1275685312765796353?s=19

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Hezzyluv: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday to Barcelona Chikenlona Goat. grin they said he's the goat, but I know goat moves from one place to another they ain't static. Now, moving from one FC club to another ( characteristics of a goat), we know who the real goat is.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by GOFRONT(m): 7:29am On Jun 24, 2020
It's the GOAT's Birthday today....
Happy birthday Messi GOAT.....I wish the GOAT a long life, more grass to the mouth of this GOAT and more Goals to the les of the GOAT......

Messi is an Unmatched GOAT......

35 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Emax911: 7:35am On Jun 24, 2020
hbd dude
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Khayceeofficial(m): 7:38am On Jun 24, 2020
A nice red card last night would have been the perfect gift

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by obembet(f): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2020
Khayceeofficial:

Who deserve Red card here?

LIKE FOR CR7

SHARE FOR messi

68 Likes 133 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by paulolee(m): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2020
nice mr op even if i know all of this already and even more because am a die hard Lionel messi fan....
LIONEL made me proud being a barcelona fan, cant stop loving
this handsome piece of talent that was sent to our generation
to add fun to our lives, thanks for choosing barcelona and
staying a very long time in barca breaking Numerous records,
many individual brilliance, the important goals, ths trophies u
helped us win, the matches u made too easy for below par
barca team to win...thanks for all lionel and even sometimes i would jus be wishing if u were human like the others going by
the level of consistency you have done and how you made
those dribbles, goals, freekicks, assists and everything abt
your kind of football looks too easy.......
H.B.D TO ONE AND ONLY GOAT

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Bomboiy: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2020
Khayceeofficial:

His 250th assist for Barcelona last night was enough. He will continue breaking the hearts of penaldo and his Fanboys.

82 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday to the king of football.

Lionel messi has not only being an inspiration, he is now the gold standard.

A man we can use as role model for our children.
A man we can tell stories on.

Lionel Messi made us realise that with GOD all things are possible.

He made us to know that you can be the best in the world and still be humble.

He made us realised that humility, respect and the love of GOD will take us far in life.

LIONEL MESSI made us to realise that you can stay and love one woman for the rest of your life and that you don't need to many girlfriends to become the best.

He made us to believe that we can be better husbands to our wife, and that men Indeed can be faithful to one woman.

He made us to believe with his goal celebration, that in all things, give glory to GOD.

HE made us to believe the page of the Bible that says, if a man is diligent in his works, he will eat before Kings of the earth.

Even former president of the United States of America, Barack Obama said and i quote:
I am the LIONEL MESSI of politics.

Even the pope of Catholic has many praises for LIONEL MESSI.

Presidents have invited him to their countries.

Kings and queens of the earth all adores him.

LIONEL MESSI is one of a kind.

You have made me to dream big and believe in GOD and myself.

Happy birthday my king.

by the order of the Peaky blinders.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by internationalman(m): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2020
obembet:

2. When young, Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency. However, after signing with Barcelona, the Spanish giants agreed to pay for his treatment

Anybody that still don't get why he's loyal to Barca for life is plainly stupid..

Instead of criticizing his decision, we should draw from his strength and loyalty...

Barca are ready to put Messi on their payroll for life.. That's love.

Happy death day to Michael Jackson tomorrow... Yes it's happy death day when legends die.

Instead of mourning their death, we celebrate their life.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by yungsmart(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2020
I know all this . Happy birthday to the Greatest Footballer in History.

22 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Popkaann(f): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Another one Ronaldo is his role model

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by emapraiz(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday to you

But you are not the best currently
Ronaldo Sabi pass you Sha

Take it or leave it

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Centcanada: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
This guy i I love him so much.

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Goat

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by tillaman(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy Birthday Messiless!!
God bless you and give you the strength to do what you do best which is outshining Ronaldo

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by TreasureTayo(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
To settle the matter

LIKE FOR MESSI, SHARE FOR RONALDO

Make we end am like that grin grin grin grin

58 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by jojofola: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
Only a rugby tackle can stop Messi.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by IamDavid(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy Birthday Messi. You're a fantastic player, perhaps the best in the world but just like ladies always want flashy things, I'll always choose Ronaldo over you.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by TreasureTayo(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
obembet:
Football icon Lionel Messi is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. Born on 24 June, 1987 in Rosario, Argentina, Messi signed up with Spain's FC Barcelona at the age of 13 and has since become one of the greatest footballers to have played the game. Also Read - Happy Birthday, Lionel Messi: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About the Football Icon

The Argentine continues to set new benchmarks for the others to follow, some maybe untouchable. He overcame a potential career-threatening medical condition at a young age before he began his goalscoring spree and winning trophies both. Also Read - La Liga: Ivan Rakitic Strikes as Barcelona Beat Athletic Bilbao 1-0 to Reclaim Top Spot

Here we take a look at the 10 interesting facts from his personal and professional career: Also Read - La Liga: Real Madrid go Top of Standings After Beating Real Sociedad 2-1

1. He was born in Rosario which also the birthplace of famous revolutionary Che Guevara.

2. When young, Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency. However, after signing with Barcelona, the Spanish giants agreed to pay for his treatment.

3. Made his Barcelona debut on November 16, 2003 during a friendly against FC Porto and official debut on October 16, 2004 against Espanyol in a 1-0 win.

4. Became the all-time leading goalscorer in Barcelona history in March 2014.

5. His Argentina debut lasted a mere 45 seconds having received a straight red card. He was reportedly offered the chance to represent Spain but he refused.

6. During 2012, Messi scored a record-breaking 79 goals for Barcelona and 12 for Argentina for a combined tally of 91 goals which is the most by any footballer in a calendar year.

7. He is a record six-time Ballon d'Or winner.

8. Has also won the European Golden Shoe award six times in 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.

9. Won Olympic gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

10. He is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and also runs Leo Messi Foundation that provides aid to children in need.

Source: https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1275685312765796353?s=19
clapp clapp clapp

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Iammelvin(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
GOAT

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by ambitiouschap17: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday to the GOD of football

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by TalabiAudu: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
Messi at 33 is on terrible decline than Ronaldo was at 33, can't even score against a descent side except farmers.

He's now getting frustrated committing red card fouls upandan. I don't think the midget can take the heat of him declining.

GOAT of bottling.
Shameful announcement of retirement.

This season, Messi would finish trophyless, while Ororo at 35 can still boast of winning the league.

How would you all Messy stans explain to your kids that your GOAT had everything, trophies and awards but was useless to his nation. Not even a common spoon to show for playing for Argentina over a decade now..

What a shame.

Ororo is the greatest Portugal player.
The greatest Portuguese to play in La Liga, EPL, Serie A
Messi is not even the greatest player in his country.

Argentine Shatta Bandle.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by sodiqapril(m): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
C
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by chiboy1116: 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Happy birthday football

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
oh my God, remeber me for breakthrough, success, and promotion ijn. this is my age mate with this kind of achievement and me dey here reading it on nairaland of which my colleageus on NAIRAND have neva 1 day which me HAPPY BIRTHDAY just becos i no get private jet. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this life

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Eniola011(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
[color=#000099][/color] :Dh.b.d to the king of football[b]h.b.d to the king of football[/b]h.b.d to the king of football
Re: Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hezzyluv:
Happy birthday to the Barcelona Chikenlona Goat. grin they said he's the goat, but I know goat moves from one place to another they ain't static. Now, moving from one FC club to another ( characteristics of goat), we know who the real goat is.

like Pele moved to barca and real madrid

its not about finding challenge in Ibadan
its about achievements undecided

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) / Rugby Of Zimbabwe Sleep In The Streets In Tunisia (Photos) / Adebimpe Quadri, The Youngest FIFA Referee At 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.