Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? (1909 Views)

Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment. / Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? / Zenith Or Diamond Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by shosy(m): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2007
Hey guys. I really need your help here. I dont know which to choose between First bank and Diamond bank. I am already in First Bank ( actually, just got in), but Diamond bank would be callingf on me anytime from now as i have already done their medicals. Anyone with  useful advice should please help. Although i know Diamond pays more, but you know, its not all about money. Please i need responses as soon as possible
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by Demoore(m): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2007
Well, if I were in your shoes I would definitely choose Diamond bank. Its not about just the money, its also about the working environment and job satisfaction.you would have fewer people to attend to everyday at Diamond bank plus the probability of rising is higher. i would advise you to pray on it and seek advice from bankers with more experince on the issue. good luck.
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by HillaryX: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2007
because I love you, go for Diamond Bank
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by Terries: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2007
I do agree with you Demoore, but I wouldn't want you to overlook the fact that, they pay higher as a compensation for the stress one is subjected to. Their workers are usually subjected to more stress than those of First Bank.
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by Aproko(f): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2007
Demoore:

Well, if I were in your shoes I would definitely choose Diamond bank. Its not about just the money, its also about the working environment and job satisfaction.you would have fewer people to attend to everyday at Diamond bank plus the probability of rising is higher. i would advise you to pray on it and seek advice from bankers with more experince on the issue. good luck.

i second this opinion.
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by Alert(f): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2007
Go for diamond bank, they have prestige, Higher salary, less stress and lots to learn from them. congrats I hope to be in your shoes one day
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by kuwena(m): 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2007
Shh. Don't tell anyone, as this is a secret - but, go for DIAMOND BANK. Why? Come on, can't you see - they're diamond, and 'diamonds are forever.'

One love! wink
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by teena(f): 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2007
Shosy, I vote for Diamond - better in everything if compared to Firstbank.

Goodluck!
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by judemetieh(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2007
Don't let them fool you.  First bank is the place to be o.  They have good job security, relaxed working environment, give you good training both internally and externally.  And above all you will have a well grounded banking experience as they are the bed rock of the financial institution in Nigeria and well recognised internationally to.

Good for the bank that is truely the first!
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by tipsydude(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2007
Guy i wuld luv 2 suggest dat u go remain in firstbank 4 reasons which i believe u r supposed 2 know.

If u have been following international financial news updates, u wuld have known dat first bank is currently undergoing some changes which was brought abt by d bid by HSBC London inorder 2 acquire firstbank fully. The bank has currently reviewed its salary scale, and wuld do so again in d not 2 distant future after d acquisition process has been completed. This wuld be 2 put its staff on equal footing with their colleagues in the UK. What dis portends its dat in no time, firstbank wuld be d biggest name in d Nigerian banking industry.

My man dis is just my own suggestion, the decision is urs 2 make.
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by chikejude(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2007
To be frank with you its not about the pay package its about job security.
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by stjohn(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2007
firstbank is the place to be!The experience is unparalled.do u want to work in a place where your salary would be dependent on your performance?thats what they do!dont go for diamond, go for a bank that has good corporate governance and stability.diamond might "spring" tommorrow!BE WISE.
Re: First Bank Or Diamond Bank: Which Do I Choose? by styckers(m): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2007
shosy,
i also went 4d diamond bnk medicals last month. i think its a close call beteen first and diamond banks.first is undergoing changes, they are big and strong,very soon they will b paying as good as any other bnk in naija, but d pay hike seems 2b a general trend as of now(oceanic, uba etc). so i believe the others lyk diamond will b forced 2 increase soon too. diamond we all know are focused,classy and springing up fast. Of d new generation bnks diamond ranks high up,and amongst d old ones first bnk is truely d first,so its quite close 2 call.4me i'll just nick diamond cos its all about d future.relax and make ur choice.ur blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Union Bank Grad. Trainee Scheme / Firs Test Result(s) / Adexen Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.