Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Marriage Should Be Eradicated? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Should Be Eradicated? (2927 Views)

Marriage: Should Husband And Wife Have Secrets / Child Marriage Should Stop!!! / Why Marriage Should Be Held Sacrede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2007
Marriage is very beneficial to society; it should be encouraged.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by ojuvester: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2007
Marriage should not be eradicated,because it is an institution ordained by God.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by tjwealthy(m): 10:11am On Jun 14, 2007
hear hear @ ojuvester! That is the long & short of it & no amount of human adulteration can change that fact.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by McDoe(m): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2007
Eradicating marriage will result in confusion and total breakdown of morals. The institution, no matter what, still commands respect and esteem of the highest order
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by amaikama(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2007
"the science is clear that marriage is an antiquated social institution that likely deserves to be eradicated"

I thank God it is science and not scriptural.

cheers.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
As far as people still believe in it, let's let it be!
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by stand4real(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2007
[color=#770077][/color][font=Script MT Bold][/font]Well this gets very interesting. Please can someone tell the blogger that he is way out of league. Eradicate marriage. That is simply out of the questions. How else can some of the guys hold on to the rich babe that is willing to appropriate money to him for services she only gets. Let him think again.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by champredd(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2007
Seun:

Of course marriage can't be eradicated, but should the government stop giving people incentives to start families?
Governments are going to continue support for the institution because the family is based on it and without good solid families a nation is destined for destruction.

A country where marriages are failing wholesale, the next generation is going to be affected badly.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by femimat(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2007
na wa 4 u ooooooooooooooooooooo
thats pratical blasphemy.
whats the origin/reason for marriage?
who is to eradicate it? there is no logic in that question. let him have a rethink.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by mede(f): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
I think the problems encountered these days in marriages in Nigeria are as a result of colonization cum westernization.we tend to copy most of the things we read/see in foreign books,magazines and films while still trying to be Africans.and this could be likened to taking pepersoup or any other African dish with icecream or tea.
If we can separate Western/European culture from our African culture we will not be talking about ERADICATION of the institution called MARRIAGE.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by whiteroses(f): 1:25am On Jun 16, 2007
they may discourage it and some people shouldnt but eradication is such a harsh term because some people are so much in love the last thing they can do is marry
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by EFCLEF(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2007
Maybe you should tell us who messed you up before we eradicate marriage. Or dont you think so?
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by bodeade(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2007
If marriage is condemned and eradicated men here on earth,
it simply means that God is wrong by instituting marriage in
first place.

Bodeade.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by adesilver(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2007
have the blogger checked sad
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by ilabor: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2007
marriage promotes irresponsibility. the search for love can not be found outside of yourself!
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by omoge(f): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2007
a matter of choice.

ilabor, your name is familiar.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by ilabor: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2007
O yes! omoge,yours is ubiquitous! i see it every where!
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by omoge(f): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2007
only insects are lol and am a real blooded chic  grin

what i mean is your name (in the real sense of it) is familiar. i have a friend with that name.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by ilabor: 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2007
is your friend male, female or hermaphrodite like me! wink
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by WesleyanA(f): 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2007
I don't think marriage should be eradicated by any societal law.
If it will go away, it will go away on it's own.

the meaning/ purpose of marriage has changed over the centuries and it's no surprise that divorce rates are going up every year.
From what i read in a article a long time ago (and i posted part of it on a similar topic. lol), marriage came about as an institution where daughters are offered up to a man so that he supports/ provides for her basic amenities and in return she takes care of him/ be responsible for the marriage. traditional marriage was arranged.

today, many women can provide for themselves and even provide for their husbands ie. providing for each other.
It's also common sense to say that both partners should take care of each other be responsible for their house. (even though many still feel that this is the female's role)

anyways, today, marriage is all about love and ideals. So, if you marry for love, make sure you are able to keep the love going for decades. It helps that both partners (PARTNERS) understand each other and are compatible.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by proverbial: 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2007
If it will go away, it will go away on it's own. and it actually might.
Spoken like a true feminist. feminists who think marriage is going away are so wrong by a loooooooooong shot. grin
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by WesleyanA(f): 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2007
proverbial:

Spoken like a true feminist. feminists who think marriage is going away are so wrong by a loooooooooong shot. grin

oh please, be quiet.
i'll rephrase myself. "traditional form of marriage is going away"

and leave me alone while you're at it too. grin or are you obsessed w/ me or something?
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by proverbial: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2007
oh please, be quiet.
i'll rephrase myself. "traditional form of marriage is going away"

and leave me alone while you're at it too. or are you obsessed w/ me or something?
You ask me to be quiet, you already know that's impossible, I'm I proving to be too much for a feminist to handle, let me know.

I literally can't leave you alone since I never held you in the first place.
Ob-wetin? sessed abi what did you call it? Try not to appear full of yourself, I'm not interested in/fond of small teenbops.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by WesleyanA(f): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2007
keep to yourself then. tongue
I'll continue to torture you if you keep quoting my posts/ refering to my feminism in every topic.
it's spelled teenybooper by the way. the word is used to refer to little preteens, paris hilton, hillary duff wannabes. and i'm far from being one.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by proverbial: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2007
keep to yourself then. 
I'll continue to torture you if you keep quoting my posts/ refering to my feminism in every topic.
torture? merely. you're so flattering.
it's spelled teenybooper by the way.
trust, I know. I lazied out at the end.
the word is used to refer to little preteens, paris hilton, hillary duff wannabes. and i'm far from being one.
Again, I know.   We had this discussion earlier (cooking thread). You migh think you're far from being a teenybopper, but you're not far from being an 'equitybopper'.

the things that come to mind about you are your claims, and obsession with unrealistic 50-50.

most traditional marriages that go on in Nigeria will not be eradicated in our generation (if ever).
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by WesleyanA(f): 8:06am On Jun 23, 2007
omg be quiet!!!

ok back to topic.
marriage shouldn't be eliminated.
Re: Marriage Should Be Eradicated? by MP007(m): 5:37am On Jun 24, 2007
sorry it didnt work out for u , grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Can't Your Children Speak Your Language / Need Your Advice :i Must Divorce My Wife / Told We Re Not Compartible After 7years Togeda, Really Confused Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.