Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Standard Chartered Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Standard Chartered Bank (3167 Views)

Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars / Standard Chartered To Shut Half Of Nigeria Branches / Get N1500 When You Open A Standard Chartered Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 10:52am On Jun 24, 2020
Thinking of opening an account with this bank, but I don't know if it's licensed by CBN as they don't have enough bank in Nigeria I don't want situations where after you put huge amount in there bank you will start hearing stories, Pls if you bank with them kindly share your experience and where do you go to if you have issues.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Sundrus: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2020
Very nice bank. Them no get wahala. Na my friend introduce me to the bank. So far them dey top my lists of banks. Them no dey do all those yeye charges way most banks dey do.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 11:01am On Jun 24, 2020
Sundrus:
Very nice bank. Them no get wahala. Na my friend introduce me to the bank. So far them dey top my lists of banks. Them no dey do all those yeye charges way most banks dey do.

How did you open the account? Is online or you went to one of there branches
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Sundrus: 11:04am On Jun 24, 2020
dottozil:

How did you open the account? Is online or you went to one of there branches
Online...Every thing online. I come apply for ATM online. I never collect the ATM card cause i no need am. btw, atm na free.

3 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2020
Sundrus:
Online...Every thing online. I come apply for ATM online. I never collect the ATM card cause i no need am. btw, atm na free.

Thanks so much for the info

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Sundrus: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2020
dottozil:

Thanks so much for the info
no wahala
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
Anymore
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
More reviews pls
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 10:01am On Jun 25, 2020
More reviews
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by JafunmiFX: 10:36am On Jun 25, 2020
The best bank ever, the only problem I have is upgrading my account to regular savings (they are working it but it's taking too long) the bank is really excellent, no charges whatsoever, free visa ATM card, complete digital banking no need to go the bank, customer care representatives pick calls at the very first ring, I love the bank

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 11:27am On Jun 25, 2020
JafunmiFX:
The best bank ever, the only problem I have is upgrading my account to regular savings (they are working it but it's taking too long) the bank is really excellent, no charges whatsoever, free visa ATM card, complete digital banking no need to go the bank, customer care representatives pick calls at the very first ring, I love the bank

Thanks for the review
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by whouep: 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thats my bank, the best bank in Nigeria at present. I can use my card abroad and can access fx whenever i want to travel out. Bro pls join us and enjoy banking.

2 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
whouep:
Thats my bank, the best bank in Nigeria at present. I can use my card abroad and can access fx whenever i want to travel out. Bro pls join us and enjoy banking.

Thank you
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by NofiuFade(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
JafunmiFX:
pls have they upgrade the account? How long does it take?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by GreatManBee: 11:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Sundrus:
I don't know why but they charge me this stamp duty charge of 50 naira Everytime moment flows into my account.

But GTB doesn't charge me this stamp duty thing.

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Sundrus: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
GreatManBee:

I don't know why but they charge me this stamp duty charge of 50 naira Everytime moment flows into my account.

truth dey far from u Oga
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by uniknet: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
dottozil:
More reviews pls

wink
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by GreatManBee: 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2022
Sundrus:
truth dey far from u Oga
not sure what you mean. Can you please explain?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
uniknet:

I opened an account with them few weeks back. Everything is online. Their mobile app is kind-of-heavy, need good internet to operate.
I applied for atm online, it was taking time to deliver. I went online again to apply thinking they didn't receive the first request. Voila, I received 2 atm cards from ups after 2 weeks.

Calls also to their customer care is free. They have toll-free line. Their customer care officials are mostly indians. You have barely understand them.

One big issue I have is that you cannot print transaction receipt from their app. Recently sent money to someone, the person didn't receive. I couldn't print transaction receipt. Wasn't funny.

No charges on transfers to other banks. No charges on using their atm on other bank atm multiple times within a month.

All in all, a cool banking experience.

Woow
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Abraham22(m): 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
dottozil:
Thinking of opening an account with this bank, but I don't know if it's licensed by CBN as they don't have enough bank in Nigeria I don't want situations where after you put huge amount in there bank you will start hearing stories, Pls if you bank with them kindly share your experience and where do you go to if you have issues.

Very nice bank you get free ATM up to 5 I have 3 already and no charges the way Kuda is , they also have promo sometimes you can get up to 20k jumia voucher. If you have issues you call them its toll free.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Abraham22(m): 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
JafunmiFX:

Call them they would apologize and speed it for you that's what I did
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by dottozil: 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
Abraham22:

Very nice bank you get free ATM up to 5 I have 3 already and no charges the way Kuda is , they also have promo sometimes you can get up to 20k jumia voucher. If you have issues you call them its toll free.

What about upgrading the account have you done that
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Abraham22(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
dottozil:

What about upgrading the account have you done that

Yes but was rejected twice because the utility bill was not bearing my name I then applied again with my bank statement from Gt I got the statement online it is signed and have my address on it
Re: Standard Chartered Bank by Olaoptech(m): 4:29pm On May 19, 2022
GreatManBee:

Every bank licensed under CBN charges Stamp Duty

(1) (Reply)

. / Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora / What Lucrative Business Can I Start With 4 Million Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.