Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! (3201 Views)

Older Flagships Or New Budget Phones? / OPPO Just Released A New Budget Smartphone With Exceptionally Long Battery Life / Samsung Launched New Budget Galaxy M Series – M10 Is The Cheapest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Valorreviews(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hello guys,

After waiting for donkey years, the redmi note 9s is finally available in Nigeria.

For the price at the time of publishing this post, You can buy the redmi note 9s for N88,200 for the 4gb RAM, 64GB internal Storage while the infinix note 7 is priced at N76,000 for the same spec. There's a price difference of N12,200 between the two smartphones which isn’t a lot so which smartphone should you go for?

Well, Starting off with the build quality, the redmi note 9s comes with Corning gorilla 5 at the front and back. The infinix note 7 on the other hand comes with Corning gorilla glass 3 at the front and plastic at the rear. So in a drop, the rear of the infinix will only scratch while the redmi note 9s will shatter. Always put on a case to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Looking at both smartphones, they look flashy at the rear but looking at the front, the redmi note 9s has that modern 2020 look with the hole punch for the front camera at the top center position of the display. The front of the infinix note 7 doesn't look bad either but I suspect more people will pick the look of the redmi note 9s over the infinix note 7.

On the weighing scale, the redmi note 9s is the heavier device. For me, the Infinix Note 7 has the perfect weight.

For the external features, the redmi note 9s comes with a USB type c port, 3.5mm audio jack, dual microphones, a mono speaker, and an IR blaster. The infinix note 7 on the other hand comes with a 3.5mm audio jack, a micro USB port, a mic, and stereo speakers. Both phones come with dual SIM tray, a memory card slot, and power buttons that double as the fingerprint scanner. For the external features, the redmi note 9s wins.

Moving to the display, the redmi note 9s comes with a 6.6 inch 1080P IPS LCD panel while the infinix note 7 comes with a 6.95 inch 720p IPS LCD panel and Putting them side by side, the redmi note 9s display is brighter and sharper but Size-wise, the infinix note 7 has the bigger display. So yes, the redmi note 9s has the better display but it isn’t perfect. The backlighting around the camera is not even as you can see and the infinix note 7 doesn’t have that issue.

Moving on to performance, the infinix note 7 has the faster fingerprint scanner. Yes!!!!!. Finally….but that's because the note 9s has some animation thing going on. But it's still a win for the infinix note 7 nevertheless. Both smartphones have the face unlock feature and they are really fast. I found the face unlock on the infinix note 7 to be more reliable than the redmi note 9s.

Antutu benchmark test shows that the redmi note 9s is really fast. Same with geek bench test.
Launching application, the Snapdragon 720G processor leaves the mediatek helio G70 processor in the dust. The redmi note 9s is blazing fast for its price range! It comes with a Snapdragon 720G processor, which is an 8nm processor, and as you can see it is much faster than the mediatek helio G70, which is a 12nm processor.
Playing pubg on both smartphones is fluid. The highest graphics settings on both smartphones is HD graphics and high frame rate.

Let's do a recap before we move on, for build quality, the note 9s wins, for features the note 9s wins, for display the note 9s wins, for performance the note 9s wins...sigh… what about the cameras.

For the front camera, both smartphones come with a 16MP camera and looking at the images captured, I’ll give it to the redmi note 9s. Portrait shot on the redmi note 9s is also better.

For the main camera sensor at the rear, both smartphones come with a 48MP main camera and they both take good pictures. In the dark, the infinix note 7 takes the better picture but the redmi note 9s has the more versatile camera system as it has a wide-angle camera. So for the camera, the redmi note 9s wins.

Moving on to the battery, the redmi note 9s comes with a 5,020mAh battery while the infinix note 7 comes with a 5,000mAh battery. Both phones come with 18 watts fast charging capabilities. Xiaomi feeling generous included a 22 watts fast charger with the redmi note 9s while you get an 18 watts fast charger with the infinix note 7. For the batteries, I'll say it's a draw but its tilting more to the side of the redmi note 9s.

So, ladies and gentlemen, we have a new budget champion. The redmi note 9s priced at N88,200 is actually too good to be true. No SmartPhone released in the year 2020 in the budget category can match it right now but it has it flaws which I will be covering in my full review. For infinix note 7 owners, don't be sad. The note 7 is still a very good device. In my opinion, its the best device offered by infinix and the 2nd best budget smartphone that came out in the year 2020 in Nigeria.

So that’s it guys, Thank you for taking the time to read this post. You can watch the comparison video with the youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC2jukrvhyw

3 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Sonoyom(m): 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
A very good device with 720p display? This is 2020 bruh!

7 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by chibike69: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
720p on top 7 inches

Tufiakwa

God forbid

15 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by edoairways: 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
Valorreviews I like your honest review compared to others in this platform

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by danniyal(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
[/b]For the price at the time of publishing this post, You can buy the redmi note 9s for N88,200 for the 4gb RAM, 64GB internal Storage while the infinix note 7 is priced at N76,000 for the same spec[b]

The two devices don't have the same specs. You may do well to modify this portion. Nice comparison though

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by zeanslim(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2020
Saying plastic that can fade and gather scratches is better than glass ?

Saying 8nm with 5,020MAh and a 12nm with 5000Mah is almost draw ?

Saying 720p on 6.9inches is not crap ?

Micro USB in this era ?

Comparing 4k @30fps and 1080p @30/60/120fps and 720p @960fps video recording with 1080p @30fps ?

Saying a phone with HDR10 is not so okay but 720p no HDR is ?

Comparing UFS 2.1 storage with crappy eMMC 5.1 as same specs ?

Bros you need to review this your 'review' as there is lots of flaws in it.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by KrazyDave16(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
I'll choose the RN 9s even if it's priced higher than the IN7 for several reasons:
1. Display
2. SoC
3. Support, official and unofficial (custom ROMs and all)
4. Better hardware

And a host of other unlisted specs and features.

IN 7 tried but underutilizing the G70 was something Transsion shouldn't have done.

10 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by MrBONE2(m): 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2020
chibike69:
720p on top 7 inches

Tufiakwa

God forbid
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by MrBONE2(m): 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
zeanslim:

Micro USB in this era ?

Comparing 4k @30fps and 1080p @30/60/120fps and 720p @960fps video recording with 1080p @30fps ?

Well said

10 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
U no even sabi analyse phone sef...on the other hand,comparing bugatti with mazda! ...shior!

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Ansufati: 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
zeanslim:

Micro USB in this era ?

Op come and see how to review phone here, and you call your a tech reviewer
Spits undecided

4 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Namzy(m): 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
Should have been comparing the infinix with redmi 9
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by chibike69: 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
Leave that mumu op

Infinix marketer

And he thinks he will make it by ditching out lies because of small transsion money.
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by HolyTitus(m): 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
After making all these reviews; your conscience didn't prick you, okwai ko possible

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by ddjay: 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
This infinix is suppose to be 35k, thats its worth

3 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by ddjay: 11:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
This op chop too much spoilt mango on top tree so tey e fall for ground head kom touch, and instead of going to the hospital, you are coming straight to nairaland to compare infinix with xiaomi.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by masterfactor(m): 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nigeria tech reviewer's are so biased, that why I don't waste my time and data watching them

5 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by SirdimayG(m): 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
Guy stop. This is a useless comparison
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by flexerking(m): 12:07am On Jun 25, 2020
masterfactor:
Nigeria tech reviewer's are so biased, that why I don't waste my time and data watching them
hehe thats why some of dem don't go far at all just be smilin lik mu mu on camerasad

4 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Nova1988(m): 1:37am On Jun 25, 2020
Infinix and copying phones, so now dey have started coping nokiagrin
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Dadlakeside(m): 5:24am On Jun 25, 2020
flexerking:
hehe thats why some of dem don't go far at all just be smilin lik mu mu on camerasad
You no well grin grin

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by Linsigne(m): 5:27am On Jun 25, 2020
Even xiaomi note4 could beat this infinix, dis xiaomi could could be used as remote control can that infinix note7 be useful like dat
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by mummyson26(m): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2020
Valorreviews:
Hello guys,

After waiting for donkey years, the redmi note 9s is finally available in Nigeria.

For the price at the time of publishing this post, You can buy the redmi note 9s for N88,200 for the 4gb RAM, 64GB internal Storage while the infinix note 7 is priced at N76,000 for the same spec. There's a price difference of N12,200 between the two smartphones which isn’t a lot so which smartphone should you go for?

Well, Starting off with the build quality, the redmi note 9s comes with Corning gorilla 5 at the front and back. The infinix note 7 on the other hand comes with Corning gorilla glass 3 at the front and plastic at the rear. So in a drop, the rear of the infinix will only scratch while the redmi note 9s will shatter. Always put on a case to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Looking at both smartphones, they look flashy at the rear but looking at the front, the redmi note 9s has that modern 2020 look with the hole punch for the front camera at the top center position of the display. The front of the infinix note 7 doesn't look bad either but I suspect more people will pick the look of the redmi note 9s over the infinix note 7.

On the weighing scale, the redmi note 9s is the heavier device. For me, the Infinix Note 7 has the perfect weight.

For the external features, the redmi note 9s comes with a USB type c port, 3.5mm audio jack, dual microphones, a mono speaker, and an IR blaster. The infinix note 7 on the other hand comes with a 3.5mm audio jack, a micro USB port, a mic, and stereo speakers. Both phones come with dual SIM tray, a memory card slot, and power buttons that double as the fingerprint scanner. For the external features, the redmi note 9s wins.

Moving to the display, the redmi note 9s comes with a 6.6 inch 1080P IPS LCD panel while the infinix note 7 comes with a 6.95 inch 720p IPS LCD panel and Putting them side by side, the redmi note 9s display is brighter and sharper but Size-wise, the infinix note 7 has the bigger display. So yes, the redmi note 9s has the better display but it isn’t perfect. The backlighting around the camera is not even as you can see and the infinix note 7 doesn’t have that issue.

Moving on to performance, the infinix note 7 has the faster fingerprint scanner. Yes!!!!!. Finally….but that's because the note 9s has some animation thing going on. But it's still a win for the infinix note 7 nevertheless. Both smartphones have the face unlock feature and they are really fast. I found the face unlock on the infinix note 7 to be more reliable than the redmi note 9s.

Antutu benchmark test shows that the redmi note 9s is really fast. Same with geek bench test.
Launching application, the Snapdragon 720G processor leaves the mediatek helio G70 processor in the dust. The redmi note 9s is blazing fast for its price range! It comes with a Snapdragon 720G processor, which is an 8nm processor, and as you can see it is much faster than the mediatek helio G70, which is a 12nm processor.
Playing pubg on both smartphones is fluid. The highest graphics settings on both smartphones is HD graphics and high frame rate.

Let's do a recap before we move on, for build quality, the note 9s wins, for features the note 9s wins, for display the note 9s wins, for performance the note 9s wins...sigh… what about the cameras.

For the front camera, both smartphones come with a 16MP camera and looking at the images captured, I’ll give it to the redmi note 9s. Portrait shot on the redmi note 9s is also better.

For the main camera sensor at the rear, both smartphones come with a 48MP main camera and they both take good pictures. In the dark, the infinix note 7 takes the better picture but the redmi note 9s has the more versatile camera system as it has a wide-angle camera. So for the camera, the redmi note 9s wins.

Moving on to the battery, the redmi note 9s comes with a 5,020mAh battery while the infinix note 7 comes with a 5,000mAh battery. Both phones come with 18 watts fast charging capabilities. Xiaomi feeling generous included a 22 watts fast charger with the redmi note 9s while you get an 18 watts fast charger with the infinix note 7. For the batteries, I'll say it's a draw but its tilting more to the side of the redmi note 9s.

So, ladies and gentlemen, we have a new budget champion. The redmi note 9s priced at N88,200 is actually too good to be true. No SmartPhone released in the year 2020 in the budget category can match it right now but it has it flaws which I will be covering in my full review. For infinix note 7 owners, don't be sad. The note 7 is still a very good device. In my opinion, its the best device offered by infinix and the 2nd best budget smartphone that came out in the year 2020 in Nigeria.

So that’s it guys, Thank you for taking the time to read this post. You can watch the comparison video with the youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC2jukrvhyw

Nice review
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by sunshineV(f): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2020
compare infinix with nokia E91 nokia will still win

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by XiaomiFanBoy: 7:17am On Jun 25, 2020
sunshineV:
compare infinix with nokia E91 nokia will still win

Absolutely horrendous device
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by skywalker240(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2020
zeanslim:

Micro USB in this era ?

you just took the words outta my mouth. Bless up
Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by ObinnaObinna(m): 9:54am On Jun 25, 2020
This isn't even a review!
All you did was to state their specs.
But even at that there's no way that Infinix is better than a Redmi Note9s

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:20am On Jun 25, 2020
zeanslim:

Micro USB in this era ?

Bloody Zesus.
This reply coming from a nairalander.... Ewooh... Indeed lies and deceit can longer hide in nairaland...

You should join the quality inspection check sir... Your review of his review was worth every read... �

5 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by obi4eze(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2020
Sorry but your review is waste of time and effort.

It is a big insult to compare Infinix with Xiaomi.

Compare Infinix with fellow trashy phones in Tecno and Itel, not Xiaomi which delivers powerful mid-range devices while Infinix and its brothers keep producing phones that belong to the dustbin.

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:48am On Jun 25, 2020
masterfactor:
For this reason alone, I am working with a team of unbiased and no allegiance tech-enthusiast to bring to Nigerians a review vlog and blog they can always trust to tell it to them how it is. From spec to usage.
This is the channel
Expect an unbiased review coming your way soon.

3 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by sunshineV(f): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

For this reason alone, I am working with a team of unbiased and no allegiance tech-enthusiast to bring to Nigerians a review vlog and blog they can always trust to tell it to them how it is. From spec to usage.
This is the channel
Expect an unbiased review coming your way soon.

"all round review" make I go subscribe

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 9s Vs Infinix Note 7: We Have A New Budget King!!! by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
sunshineV:

"all round review" make I go subscribe
Thank you dearest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Brother Have Been Liberated From Transsion / HELP: Stucked At "Setting Up BBM" On Samsung S4 / SAMSUNG GALAXY LOVERS: Name Your Favourite Samsung Andriod Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.