Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 (41923 Views)

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Manchester United - (0 - 3) On 30th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Matique(m): 12:22am On Jul 01, 2020
Cant make topics its written server overwhelmed. Anyeays bad day both for barca and me..
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Jeferious: 12:23am On Jul 01, 2020
Moura7:

I get your point, trust me I do. You talked about Suarez getting a full 90mins on the pitch but let's be honest, is there really a replacement for Suarez? Greizmann has been given the chance times without number and still no improvement. We've adjusted with countless formations to try and fit him in but still nothing, let's not even talk about the fact that he's still played more mins than Suarez and still has fewer goals than Suarez. Then the Vidal issue, Vidal offers something that barca doesn't have at all and it's that surge of power, aggression or let's just say ginger. After Messi in this match, Vidal was Barca's best player. Dude was defending, marking and even attacking, only him. You watch lots of barca matches and you see how nonchalant the team's marking is, it's like they are scared to go for the ball.
Griezmann has been poor at Barca, that I know. But if i remember clearly, this was the same Antoine Griezmann that shone at Atletico Madrid and in Russia during the world cup for France. I recognise how good he is. He is certainly an A-list player.

Surely, Griezmann has a position that absolutely fits him in Barca's team. Even the commentator of tonight's match made a remark about this. He said that Griezmann's ideal position in Barca team is not the left wing, which definitely suits Ansu Fati. And it's true. Even at his former club, Griezmann was not a winger. In fact Griezmann has never been a winger. The commentator further remarked that the positions Griezmann would have done well on have already been taken up, and it's Suarez's position. And it's true. Griezmann is better off as a no. 9 than as a winger. But since Barca miss Neymar and the role he played together with Messi and Suarez, they would do anything to replace the energy that flows from that wing, even if it means buying players at overrated costs. And this has cost Countinho and currently Griezmann their careers. Dembele was the best replacement to Neymar since then, and he's very injury-prone.

In conclusion, I long to see the day when Barca would start Ansu Fati at the left, Messi and the right and Griezmann in the centre. Suarez is now a shadow of himself

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Zyzxx10: 12:23am On Jul 01, 2020
Dalil8:

And you think football is your thing, right?
Sure because if not you wouldn't be spewing this jargons you are dishing out.Since you obviously know football more than the people I quoted up that means there's a very big problem.
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by fergie001: 12:26am On Jul 01, 2020
pquaver:

Bro as a barca fan if other don't want to admit I will the team is very old just look at in our Normal11.. Stegen, Piqué, langlet, Alba semedo, busquet, rakitic, vidal, Messi, Suarez and griezmann almost the whole team over 30.. If you take them to a high tempo match like Liverpool they will crumble cos the do not have it anymore in them for high Tempo 90 mins.. Just look at ordinary counter attacks they cannot initiate because they are too old to run.. When dembele play you will notice it if he takes the ball and run no forward runner fast enough to make it on time in the boy even in defence when teams break just watch you will see their midfielder from deep overtaking rakitic and vidal and busquet even though they coming from deep.. Mehn Barca should just forget it this year.. Champions league will be worst.. Napoli will show them pepper.. Everything is Messi if he no do no outcome... We are just a ceremonially dressed Brighton right now.. Easy as that..
Your fellow Barca fans will disagree with you....Worse still, as a 30-year-old Pjanic will be arriving next season at the expense of a 23-year-old.

Atletico were not precise, they had every opportunity to win tonight...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 01, 2020
Chris2863:

That's the more reason he is suppose to be answering dwarf
Only if he never got treated!!

Barcelona treat his sickness, he give Barcelona Trophies!!

Win-win relationship!!!

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Jeferious: 12:27am On Jul 01, 2020
eni4real:
Messi's Leadership is not the problem

Are you saying Pique is a better leader?? How?? Where else has he being a leader??

Are you saying Sergio Roberto is a better leader?? A kiddo!!

Barcelona should fortify all departments on the field and fire all players and coaching staff that contribute nothing significant to the team!!

Infact, Bartomeu should just go!!

It is a systemic problem!!!

Pique jazz is working on you tho!!!

He did a disasterclass in Roma, Liverpool and Celta , yet Messi is your concern!!

Is that how you treat the GREATEST??
I'm talking about something I perceive as Messi's fault...instead of addressing it, you pick someone else and make him a scapegoat. Oga, put sentiments one side. I will acknowledge the good and the bad about Messi, and presenting Pique in my face in scapegoat manner doesn't change anything

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 01, 2020
Jeferious:
I'm talking about something I perceive as Messi's fault...instead of addressing it, you pick someone else and make him a scapegoat. Oga, put sentiments one side. I will acknowledge the good and the bad about Messi, and presenting Pique in my face in scapegoat manner doesn't change anything
Pique is having a very poor Defence record!!
Barcelona should buy quality defenders

Stop blaming Messi for conceded goals too!!!

Messi is the greatest, you don't expect him to keep quiet when he see anything wrong!!!

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by babatee90(m): 12:32am On Jul 01, 2020
eni4real:

They've won 8 La liga in 10 seasons!!!

It is time to allow other teams win too!!
we should stop living on past glories...you would never hear a Madrid fan moaning about the four champions leagues in five years they’ve won..peace out sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 01, 2020
babatee90:
we should stop living on past glories...you would never hear a Madrid fan moaning about the four champions leagues in five years they’ve won..peace out sir
Past glories??
It just last season that Barcelona won the La liga!!

Yes, 8 La liga in 10 seasons!!!

Barcelona needs total overhaul including Bartomeu!! Barca may be trophyless this season!!!
Sorry GOAT!

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2020
Ekpekus:
But that ain't PK to be fair to Barca..
motionarena:
Not a Barca fan.
But that is no way a penalty pure robbery
Was Barca’s penalty fair?

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Matique(m): 12:41am On Jul 01, 2020
Lionel Messi has scored his 700th career goal and joined The -700 Goal Club.

Barcelona : 630 ⚽️ in 724 games
Argentina : 70 ⚽️ in 138 games

Barca Fans hit Like!!!

3 Likes

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Matique(m): 12:42am On Jul 01, 2020
� Diego Pablo Simeone on what he thought about Barça's use of Antoine Griezmann tonight: "No words."
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Funky1991(m): 12:49am On Jul 01, 2020
Melaye:

congrats bro genoa don net

Paddy I understand that feelings eh know easy oh
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by MiddleDimension: 1:02am On Jul 01, 2020
dumininu01:
The nigga is getting old.. He needs support and Barca board are even worsening matters by bringing in an ageing pjanic for Arthur... Real madrid have done well with their transfers and I still see them winning the la liga next season if barca doesn't react..
so messi is getting old too, i thought it is only ronaldo getting old
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by dumininu01(m): 1:06am On Jul 01, 2020
MiddleDimension:

so messi is getting old too, i thought it is only ronaldo getting old
before nko... Even barca fans know na cheesy cheesy
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by EbukaHades10(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:
powerfulguy ebukahades Ronaldofan ghettokid1 Emeijeh Fuckingmallam45

Halla Madridddddd
Eventuarry

1 Share

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Moura7(m): 1:40am On Jul 01, 2020
Jeferious:
Griezmann has been poor at Barca, that I know. But if i remember clearly, this was the same Antoine Griezmann that shone at Atletico Madrid and in Russia during the world cup for France. I recognise how good he is. He is certainly an A-list player.

Surely, Griezmann has a position that absolutely fits him in Barca's team. Even the commentator of tonight's match made a remark about this. He said that Griezmann's ideal position in Barca team is not the left wing, which definitely suits Ansu Fati. And it's true. Even at his former club, Griezmann was not a winger. In fact Griezmann has never been a winger. The commentator further remarked that the positions Griezmann would have done well on have already been taken up, and it's Suarez's position. And it's true. Griezmann is better off as a no. 9 than as a winger. But since Barca miss Neymar and the role he played together with Messi and Suarez, they would do anything to replace the energy that flows from that wing, even if it means buying players at overrated costs. And this has cost Countinho and currently Griezmann their careers. Dembele was the best replacement to Neymar since then, and he's very injury-prone.

In conclusion, I long to see the day when Barca would start Ansu Fati at the left, Messi and the right and Griezmann in the centre. Suarez is now a shadow of himself

Bro cmon.. Grizz played the no9 role countless times this season...even when Suarez was injured twice. We even said he's not a natural no9 as he's better off being an SS and Valverde also played him in that position too, still nothing. We've just been seeing some flashes of the player he was at ATM, nothing consistent. But it's just one season tho, he can improve much better next season.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Moura7(m): 1:50am On Jul 01, 2020
eni4real:
Past glories??
It just last season that Barcelona won the La liga!!

Yes, 8 La liga in 10 seasons!!!

Barcelona needs total overhaul including Bartomeu!! Barca may be trophyless this season!!!
Sorry GOAT!

Bro I'd gladly forfeit this laliga for UCL, if we can get maybe two more players who can help Messi to take on players well so as to give Messi opportunities to make himself available to score then we can win this UCL...cus if you watch our games, we just pass and pass the ball till it gets to Messi who now tries to dribble or pass the ball to more open players which in most cases miraculously become less confident of themselves and pass the ball back to him....like how can you expect him to dribble, past defenders and still pass the to himself?...how? We really miss Neymar and Iniesta...Semedo is a good dribbler but not the best in delivering passes or even going for goal, Fati tries but he's usually bullied off the ball, the only option now is Dembele but he's very injury prone and immature but a good dembele on a good day is fire, speed, high dribbling ability and then so completely two footed that we don't know his stronger foot
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Moura7(m): 1:59am On Jul 01, 2020
Goldeno:

you have a point with Vidal there, but barca new griezman was neither a CF nor a winger, his position doesn't exit in barca system,.
but the there is Braithwaite who has proven to be a gem, a natural center forward yet they play him on the wing and expect him to shine

True, Braithwaite is quite the player but we've got Suarez in his position and pls let's be honest Suarez is a damn good striker like there are very few strikers now that can talk while he's talking.
Now to accommodate MB, that means fati has to be on the left wing cus neither Grizz nor Suarez has the pace or dribbling ability to be that effective there, say dembele was fit now then it'd have been better. Now fati is still a kid and he's easily bullied off the ball by these defenders.
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Zyzxx10: 2:49am On Jul 01, 2020
Moura7:

Bro I'd gladly forfeit this laliga for UCL, if we can get maybe two more players who can help Messi to take on players well so as to give Messi opportunities to make himself available to score then we can win this UCL...cus if you watch our games, we just pass and pass the ball till it gets to Messi who now tries to dribble or pass the ball to more open players which in most cases miraculously become less confident of themselves and pass the ball back to him....like how can you expect him to dribble, past defenders and still pass the to himself?...how? We really miss Neymar and Iniesta...Semedo is a good dribbler but not the best in delivering passes or even going for goal, Fati tries but he's usually bullied off the ball, the only option now is Dembele but he's very injury prone and immature but a good dembele on a good day is fire, speed, high dribbling ability and then so completely two footed that we don't know his stronger foot
You've said it all bro.You truly watch and analyse games well.
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:14am On Jul 01, 2020
MT:
Apart from Barcelona fc playing badly, I think there is a gang up against Barcelona fc by the referees not to win La Liga this season. Decisions favourable to Real Madrid but awful to Barcelona fc
Stop crying bro. Barcelona has been favoured both in Europe and Spain more than any other team in the last 12 years
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:25am On Jul 01, 2020
tydi:

Lol. I guess you were just introduced newly into the wonderful world of football.. Cus you don't know football yet. Tell me which real Madrid player active, non active, ex, retired, dead or alive could stand were messi stood?
Stop sounding that way. Zizou is a great icon in football and won everything both country and club. Messi is great but not the way you guys speak of him. World cup which is the biggest thing in football world has elluded him even ordinary copa America
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by pquaver(m): 4:34am On Jul 01, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
let him go to England nd score like dat

First tell aguero to stop scoring before coming to Messi.. Aguero that never scored up to 20 goals in Laliga is tearing epl.. U r here making noise.. Sanchez, ozil, Mata, David silva, yaya toure(wey dem even through wey) courtois, azilipcueta, Pedro, Diego Costa, Marcos Alonso, even old eto non of this players failed in the Epl but many of them no get mouth when the were in Laliga but these are among what epl will boast of when naming good players to have played in Epl.. To show you the superiority PFA award winners Hazard and Bale bro how far na? Who know them for Laliga?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by pquaver(m): 4:35am On Jul 01, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Stop crying bro. Barcelona has been favoured both in Europe and Spain more than any other team in the last 12 years
According to your opinion na.. Stop trying to push your opinion as a fact
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:38am On Jul 01, 2020
Arturitoroman:
what a shame Griezman he killed his career by going to this useless club Barça
Messi never welcomed him in Barca so from there I knew he would frustrate the young man by all means possible. I feel for him though
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 01, 2020
Another draw? shocked Ha! Make Barca just the league Mbok.

Halla madrid wink
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Temmylee01(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2020
[center][/center]Ok
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by trappatoni(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2020
eni4real:
Messi became Legend because of a handball goal??No way!!

Maradona Legend is dependent on the handball goal!
Outside that cheat, he is just a Napoli's Mahrez!!!
Napoli's Mahrez That Napoli Mahrez took Argentina to a world cup win with 5 goals and 5 assists. No player has been able to reproduce that feat in a single World Cup. Considering the calibre of players around him and what Messi has then you will appreciate how great this legend is. He left Barcelona and took an unknown team to European glory, Coppa Italia and the Scudetto. They also got to the final of the World Cup in Italy loosing by a single goal via penalty.
Your Messi can't even win Copa America with the likes of Aguero, Di Maria, Dibala, Higuian. In the future the Great players with world Cup win will remembered more, not ordinary club players.
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 01, 2020
dumininu01:
The nigga is getting old.. He needs support and Barca board are even worsening matters by bringing in an ageing pjanic for Arthur... Real madrid have done well with their transfers and I still see them winning the la liga next season if barca doesn't react..
Messi doesn't like Arthur and griezemann that's why they aren't playing. In fact Arthur and Messi had a little scuffle during international match between Brazil and Argentina. If Messi doesn't like you in Barcelona you will have to go, it doesn't man whether you are the coach or director.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by bayelsaowei(m): 6:45am On Jul 01, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Messi never welcomed him in Barca so from there I knew he would frustrate the young man by all means possible. I feel for him though
how has messi frustrated him?..messi provides unlimited assists to greizman while on the pitch..i don't know what you guys are even talking about..messi isn't frustrating anybody..
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by tandyconcepts: 7:06am On Jul 01, 2020
Barca watin I do you? Nah them Dey send now. Third times in raw wey my ticket don tear. Where is Messi
Re: Barcelona Vs Atletico Madrid (2 - 2) On 30th June 2020 by banhammy: 7:43am On Jul 01, 2020
The officiating is not fair to Barca

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Leicester City (4 - 1) On 24th September 2016 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea: Carabao Cup (1 - 2) On 26th September 2018 / Hull City Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.