Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder (4930 Views)

Dr. Bukola Bello: Mum Who Went Back To School After 4 Kids, Graduates With A PhD / Ibrahim Waziri Jnr: The HND Graduate From Nigeria Who Earned A Phd In America / Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Gjrich(m): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
A genius is said to be somebody who exhibits an extraordinary intellectual ability to a certain stage associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge and Nigerian has been blessed with an armful of them. Nigeria sure got talent!

If you were to ask a six-year-old what he/she would like to do with their time, it is not far-fetched if the answers you get ranges from playing with toys to watching their favourite cartoon show on Nickelodeon or Disney.

However, the case is not the same for British -Nigerian Esther Okade who at just six years old was already taking her maths GCSE, generally undertaken by 14- to 16-year-olds in the United Kingdom.

At Ten year old, Esther Okade, one of UK’s youngest students from Nigeria, was accepted to start her maths degree at the Open University.

Esther’s mother, Efe, said the process of applying to the university was ‘an interesting one because of her age.

she said “We even had to talk to the VC and after they interviewed her, they realised that this has been her idea from the beginning. From the age of seven Esther has wanted to go to university".

At first glance Esther Okade seems like a normal 10-year-old. She loves playing with Barbie dolls and going to the park or shopping.

But what makes the British -Nigerian youngster stand out is the fact that she was also a university undergraduate.

Esther, from Walsall, an industrial town in the UK's West Midlands region, is one of the country's youngest college freshmen.

She once said "I want to (finish the course) in two years. Then I'm going to do my PhD in financial maths when I'm 13. I want to have my own bank by the time I'm 15 because I like numbers and I like people and banking is a great way to help people."

And in case people think her parents have pushed her into starting university early, Esther emphatically disagrees.

"I actually wanted to start when I was seven. But my mum was like, "you're too young, calm down." After three years of begging, mother Efe finally agreed to explore the idea.

Esther when she got admitted into the university at age 10.

Esther has always jumped ahead of her peers. She sat her first Math GSCE exam, a British high school qualification, at Ounsdale High School in Wolverhampton at just six, where she received a C-grade. A year later, she outdid herself and got the A-grade she wanted.

Esther's mother noticed her daughter's flair for figures shortly after she began homeschooling her at the age of three. Initially, Esther's parents had enrolled her in a private school but after a few short weeks, the pair began noticing changes in the usually-vibrant youngster.

Efe says: "One day we were coming back home and she burst out in tears and she said 'I don't ever want to go back to that school -- they don't even let me talk!'

"In the UK, you don't have to start school until you are five. Education is not compulsory until that age so I thought OK, we'll be doing little things at home until then. Maybe by the time she's five she will change her mind."

Efe started by teaching basic number skills but Esther was miles ahead. By four, her natural aptitude for maths had seen the eager student move on to algebra and quadratic equations.

And Esther isn't the only maths prodigy in the family. Her younger brother Isaiah, is also a bookworm and a genus. Isn't the Family blessed to have such great kids!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by okeythaone: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
A good one
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by BREYZ: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
What?? shocked shocked
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Rahmanjargo(m): 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
She don ripe for harvestation though.

I won't mind if i have the chance smiley
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Hezzyluv: 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rahmanjargo:
If I slap u with uppercut ba....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Lordjiggs09(m): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
Commendable.
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Shedrack777: 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
Op, you're a terrible liar
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by ican2020: 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
Wonderful
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
undecided

She is British Not Nigerian!. What kind of country only claims you are one of it's citizens if you jam success.

If we go by descent, then Na Algerian I be not Nigerian. But was born in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Gjrich(m): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Shedrack777:
Op, you're a terrible liar

Google it
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by richie240: 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hmmmmm....warri!!!
Dem nor dey carry lass. grin

See as thread cool and calm; if na 'another' now, dem go don dey beat chest upandan!
cool
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Ogonimilitant(m): 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
All hail Biafra
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by phelonrays: 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rahmanjargo:

See this one now

3 Likes

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by FlordFlorez(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
If na joke stop am.
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by yanabasee1(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rahmanjargo:

She's not your spec.... Go to Oshodi, your type full dia

5 Likes

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by doggedfighter(f): 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
This one Nigerian?
Has she ever written Jamb?
Or had her dream course changed to a course she's never heard of?

Has she ever heard of ASUU or their strike?

What does she know about being a Nigerian? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Villagemeat: 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
This story get k-leg
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by realstars: 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
Special Breed, Vary Smart Indeed
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Rahmanjargo(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
yanabasee1:

She's not your spec.... Go to Oshodi, your type full dia
Hater
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Elimon(m): 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thank God she left Nigeria...this nation can kill your dream in split seconds...we have useful but wasted brains all over the country but our system....walahi who carry me come this Aboki republic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by cihofo: 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
THis girl makes me feel dumb
ill just jump inside this machine and kill myself https://www.facebook.com/112348863672363/videos/2412065022422400/
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Picasso12: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
For free adverts,consistent giveaways,sensible relationship advice�, investment plans� (Not Ponzis),Premium funny stories, Papa TV is your plug. State your name and save our number and wait for our premium hoe stories�

https:///2348144243602
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Bimpe29: 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
Bookworm
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by enemmo(f): 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Person in the second picture is Skai Jackson

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Sabadon(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
beauty wit brains, go girl......
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by kceeblaze(m): 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rahmanjargo:

What is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by Benwallt(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
Rahmanjargo:

Your libido is disgraceful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by EmmaNuella77(f): 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
Isn't that skai jackson on the second picture ?

OP fear God oh!

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by COZA(m): 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
Leave this British kid alone, she's not Nigerian..

anyways, check my signature and earn up to $10 daily

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by CivilzedTyger(m): 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
SpecialAgent:
undecided

She is British Not Nigerian!. What kind of country only claims you are one of it's citizens if you jam success.

If we go by descent, then Na Algerian I be not Nigerian. But was born in Nigeria
How u take be Algerian?
cheesy
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by sgd: 1:32am On Jun 26, 2020
Like my page for latest job, internship and scholarship opportunities https://www.facebook.com/opportunitiescommunity/
������
Re: Meet Nigerian 15 Years Old Teenager Who's Already A Phd Holder by gift01: 5:56am On Jun 26, 2020
COZA:
Leave this British kid alone, she's not Nigerian..

anyways, check my signature and earn up to $10 daily
how do I get the lite coin wallet?the link isn't working

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are Good In Mathematics, This Is For You / Full Summary Of JAMB New Novel (book) “independence” For 2018/2019 UTME / Largest Polytechnics In Nigeria 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.