Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Feminism? Not Scientific! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Feminism? Not Scientific! (236 Views)

Why Bid'ah Is Not Acceptable: A Scientific Approach? / The Islamic Perspective On Feminism / Islam Vs Feminism: Equity or Equality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Feminism? Not Scientific! by Hardebaryor(m): 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
Candace Owens, a victim of feminism lamented at the Young Women Leadership Summit (2019) saying:

"I learned too late that feminism was a scam. Today, I'm 55, I'm unmarried, and I've passed the age I can have children. I have to take medicine to help keep me happy and my medication. That is the scam of feminism. If there is anything I could go back and do; I would have warned myself against the scam of feminism."

Merriam Webster dictionary defines feminism as

1: The belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities,

2: Organized activity in support of women's rights and interests

*Similar Terms:* #women liberation #womanism #Feminism #gender equality #Equalism

Without an iota of doubt, the feminism idea is antithetical to major world religions, more particularly - Islam. The feminist concept is alien to the Muslim world. In fact, it is not wrong to consider the term "Muslim feminist" as a suitable example of a paradox.

With only a few Qur'an verses, the feminism propaganda is utterly deconstructed, and a "Muslim feminist" may have to choose between Islam and feminism. Certainly, the two beliefs are mutually exclusive.

However, in this modern age, it becomes pertinent to resist the feminism movement not only from theological approaches but also via appropriate scientific criticisms. This often reveals why the call to "gender-equalism" is unnatural, irrational, and dysfunctional.

Thence, this article seeks to flaw the growing trend of feminism activism vis-a-vis a science-based approach.

1. Human biology

Agitating for 'equality of gender' is like crying over the spilled milk. Naturally, both physical and physiological features of the two sexes differ a great deal and no amount of surgery or transplants can make a woman become a man (and vice versa). Each sex was designed to perform specific but complementary roles toward achieving the general goals.

If gender binary is truly a social construct as claimed by some feminists, why shouldn't the campaign include "Say no to Female Menses," because the male counterpart is free of periodic menstrual discharge? In addition, none of their campaigns has ever featured "Men must carry a pregnancy," at least to share the antenatal burdens. The point here is; if you can't fight against the natural difference in sex, then why protesting against the difference in rights and responsibilities.

According to Aurora Sola' (a pro-feminist):

"The feminist project has been worn down by the anti-scientific attempt to sweep sex differences under the rug, and we have misguidedly set for ourselves the goal of equal representation in certain attractive professions."

2. Physics - electricity

Before electricity can become useful, two dedicated pairs of the cable must come together, each performing specific roles. The live wire (+ve in battery source) carries current to the appliance while the neutral wire (-ve) completes the circuit and carries current away from the appliance.

Practically, if men and women should have equal rights and play equal roles, instability sets in. Rather, a gender-based division of labor guarantees high productivity at a reduced cost.

3. Automobile vehicles

In moving a vehicle, the driver controls the wheel. Any attempt to wrestle the steering with the driver leads to an accident. Passengers cum passers-by can only be of a guide.

Similarly, a man is socially designated as the family head in most cultures, he steers and moves the family. Wives and children can only make inputs where necessary. This brings about decorum and minimizes confusion. Emulating the "driver-passenger" relationship is sacrosanct for peace to reign. A family where husband and wife enjoy the same rights and perform similar roles can never be progressive even if such marriage is sustainable.

4. Sports - Soccer

In football, we're yet to find a team of 11 men playing against a team of 11 women in the same tournament. The same goes for athletic, boxing, and wrestling games. On the contrary, what we find is women wrestling with men over juicy administrative posts. This gives the impression of the fight against gender discrimination to be absolutely selective.

When will FIFA allow men and women to play football together?

In replying this question, www.quora.com states:

"Never. Unfortunately, you can say what you want about gender equality and all that, but Men are much fit physically than women. Look at the Olympics for example. Watch the Men’s 100m sprint final, it’s faster than women’s 100m final. Watch the weightlifting. Men can lift heavier weights than women. If men and women were allowed to play together, nothing would change. I’m sure some of the top elite females would make it into lower league teams, but the top leagues would remain 100% male. Sorry feminists."

5. War and Armed forces

Perhaps, the feminists' battle for equal rights and opportunity is limited to selective areas of interest. Currently, men still dominate the military forces of every nation. It seems the feminists fear death, they prefer men being on the danger line. The statistics of women in the biggest armies around the world shows

China: 5%
India: 3%
U.S.A: 16%
Russia: 10%

Nonetheless, a larger proportion of women serving in the military are consigned to medical work and desk jobs, barred from ground combats. In an article titled "Gender inequality in the military service," Joao Carlos and Sofia Menezes noted as follows:

"Recent scientific research has evidenced that women still represent a growing minority in most Western militaries. Women’s integration deserves equal opportunities across all branches and levels of responsibility in the military, however, their expansion to ground combat roles is still a challenge to the military and policy-makers."

Summary:

Feminism emerged as a social struggle seeking to protect the rights of women regardless of cultural and religious standards. More disappointingly, the philosophy of the movement is irreconcilable with natural and scientific facts. The claim that men and women must be accorded the same rights and opportunities in every aspect of life is far from reality. Besides frustrated females and indoctrinated males, who else embrace feminism?

By: Abu Mar'yam Hanafi Abdulkadri
Re: Feminism? Not Scientific! by tintingz(m): 2:30am On Jun 26, 2020
Hardebaryor:
Candace Owens, a victim of feminism lamented at the Young Women Leadership Summit (2019) saying:

"I learned too late that feminism was a scam. Today, I'm 55, I'm unmarried, and I've passed the age I can have children. I have to take medicine to help keep me happy and my medication. That is the scam of feminism. If there is anything I could go back and do; I would have warned myself against the scam of feminism."
Feminism is not a scam, infact feminism fought for women's rights they're enjoying today e.g the rights to vote, education, politics, work etc

Feminism is not a scam, give them a good credit for what they've done in history.

Feminism didn't tell any woman not to marry, it's only about fighting for women rights.

Merriam Webster dictionary defines feminism as

1: The belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities,

2: Organized activity in support of women's rights and interests

*Similar Terms:* #women liberation #womanism #Feminism #gender equality #Equalism

Correct.

I wonder where it says not to marry in this definition.

Without an iota of doubt, the feminism idea is antithetical to major world religions, more particularly - Islam. The feminist concept is alien to the Muslim world. In fact, it is not wrong to consider the term "Muslim feminist" as a suitable example of a paradox.
Yes it's very oxymoron to use "Muslim feminists". Islam is a patriarch Religion that degrade women, a misogynistic Religion at it best.

I created a thread on this.
https://www.nairaland.com/5940207/muslim-feminists-oxymoron

With only a few Qur'an verses, the feminism propaganda is utterly deconstructed, and a "Muslim feminist" may have to choose between Islam and feminism. Certainly, the two beliefs are mutually exclusive.
Yes.

However, in this modern age, it becomes pertinent to resist the feminism movement not only from theological approaches but also via appropriate scientific criticisms. This often reveals why the call to "gender-equalism" is unnatural, irrational, and dysfunctional.

You definitely don't understand feminism. It's about "equal rights" not "sex equality". Humans in general are not equal, we've different abilities we can do, so we're all not equal but to have equal rights? That's what feminism is fighting for and I see nothing wrong with this ideology.

Thence, this article seeks to flaw the growing trend of feminism activism vis-a-vis a science-based approach.
Ok, let's see.

1. Human biology

Agitating for 'equality of gender' is like crying over the spilled milk. Naturally, both physical and physiological features of the two sexes differ a great deal and no amount of surgery or transplants can make a woman become a man (and vice versa). Each sex was designed to perform specific but complementary roles toward achieving the general goals.

If gender binary is truly a social construct as claimed by some feminists, why shouldn't the campaign include "Say no to Female Menses," because the male counterpart is free of periodic menstrual discharge? In addition, none of their campaigns has ever featured "Men must carry a pregnancy," at least to share the antenatal burdens. The point here is; if you can't fight against the natural difference in sex, then why protesting against the difference in rights and responsibilities.

According to Aurora Sola' (a pro-feminist):

"The feminist project has been worn down by the anti-scientific attempt to sweep sex differences under the rug, and we have misguidedly set for ourselves the goal of equal representation in certain attractive professions."
It's either you don't get the ideology of feminism or you're just being deluded.

Man and woman are not biologically structured the same way, we have some slight differences in biological features. But is this what feminism are fighting for? No.

Again, like the definition, feminism is about equal right and opportunities in the society, work, home, education etc. Women should be giving the equal opportunities as men. In Saudi Arabia women were not allowed to drive cars because they're "women", they didn't give them the open opportunity to drive cars but with the women right groups in Saudi and global they pressured Saudi give women rights to drive even tho these women rights group in Saudi were arrested.

Now women in Saudi have same rights and opportunities as men to drive cars. You can see the positive struggle of women rights activists.

2. Physics - electricity

Before electricity can become useful, two dedicated pairs of the cable must come together, each performing specific roles. The live wire (+ve in battery source) carries current to the appliance while the neutral wire (-ve) completes the circuit and carries current away from the appliance.

Practically, if men and women should have equal rights and play equal roles, instability sets in. Rather, a gender-based division of labor guarantees high productivity at a reduced cost.
This doesn't make any sense.

Again and again feminism is Opportunities to have equal rights and that opportunities doesn't mean there can't be division of labor nor crumble anything, feminism is saying give women the opportunities as men for a position and if she passes and worthy good for her let her have the position, not because she's a woman she should be deprived from applying for a position. That's oppression!!

3. Automobile vehicles

In moving a vehicle, the driver controls the wheel. Any attempt to wrestle the steering with the driver leads to an accident. Passengers cum passers-by can only be of a guide.

Similarly, a man is socially designated as the family head in most cultures, he steers and moves the family. Wives and children can only make inputs where necessary. This brings about decorum and minimizes confusion. Emulating the "driver-passenger" relationship is sacrosanct for peace to reign. A family where husband and wife enjoy the same rights and perform similar roles can never be progressive even if such marriage is sustainable.
What makes a man the head? Who gave the men to lead in the society? Did the society naturally structured itself or it was created?

Some Women are breadwinners of their home, they earn alot than men in the home and contributes alot, can she be the head of the home? Logically yes, she's worthy of it and If you say no, give any logical reasons why she can't be the head when she's the breadwinner.

Or tell us what logicallly makes the head of a home?

4. Sports - Soccer

In football, we're yet to find a team of 11 men playing against a team of 11 women in the same tournament. The same goes for athletic, boxing, and wrestling games. On the contrary, what we find is women wrestling with men over juicy administrative posts. This gives the impression of the fight against gender discrimination to be absolutely selective.

When will FIFA allow men and women to play football together?

In replying this question, www.quora.com states:

"Never. Unfortunately, you can say what you want about gender equality and all that, but Men are much fit physically than women. Look at the Olympics for example. Watch the Men’s 100m sprint final, it’s faster than women’s 100m final. Watch the weightlifting. Men can lift heavier weights than women. If men and women were allowed to play together, nothing would change. I’m sure some of the top elite females would make it into lower league teams, but the top leagues would remain 100% male. Sorry feminists."
Again I've said it that physically men and women aren't the same, it's ridiculous to put a male boxer against a female boxer.

Now the opportunity of feminism here is to allow women participate in athletic sports, we've seen women in boxing, MMA fights, weight lifting, football, race etc, can an average man fight a female boxer? No, it's a death sentence, a female boxer is trained to fight, she's worthy of it, an average man wasn't trained probably doesn't have interest or worthy to take up the role.

Can a male boxer fight average man? No, that again a death sentence.

My point is, all humans aren't equal, a man and a man are not even equal to begin with but what feminism wants is EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITY.

5. War and Armed forces

Perhaps, the feminists' battle for equal rights and opportunity is limited to selective areas of interest. Currently, men still dominate the military forces of every nation. It seems the feminists fear death, they prefer men being on the danger line. The statistics of women in the biggest armies around the world shows

China: 5%
India: 3%
U.S.A: 16%
Russia: 10%

Nonetheless, a larger proportion of women serving in the military are consigned to medical work and desk jobs, barred from ground combats. In an article titled "Gender inequality in the military service," Joao Carlos and Sofia Menezes noted as follows:

"Recent scientific research has evidenced that women still represent a growing minority in most Western militaries. Women’s integration deserves equal opportunities across all branches and levels of responsibility in the military, however, their expansion to ground combat roles is still a challenge to the military and policy-makers."
Have you read about the Dahomey warriors? They were all female military fighters fighting wars. Why is so? Because they were giving opportunities to participate in wars.

Yes men dominates the military probably because they've more abilities to participate in this field, but should women be deprived from this position? No, they should be giving opportunities reason a woman can sign up to be an army and trained. Most women in the military war zone go for airforce, women rights are still fighting for many women to participate in ground combats as many are ready for it.

Summary:

Feminism emerged as a social struggle seeking to protect the rights of women regardless of cultural and religious standards. More disappointingly, the philosophy of the movement is irreconcilable with natural and scientific facts. The claim that men and women must be accorded the same rights and opportunities in every aspect of life is far from reality. Besides frustrated females and indoctrinated males, who else embrace feminism?

By: Abu Mar'yam Hanafi Abdulkadri

If you were born in the past, you will know that women can't vote, go to school, work, go for political posts, earn properties, become leaders etc if not for feminism you won't be enjoying what you're enjoying today as a woman, you would probably be in the kitchen and satisfying a man in the bedroom, you would have very limit right and opportunities to do things.

So kindly read about feminism and it history and stop making this bias ignorant claims. The ideology isn't bad at all.

(1) (Reply)

Punishment Of The Grave / Problem Of This Board Are As Follows / Meet Teenager Who Writes Holy Quran In Three Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.