Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,724 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? (334 Views)

Christian Can't Comment On Muslim related Topic. / 7 Nigeria Celebrities You Never Knew Are Muslim,pictures / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by pmoye(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2020
[center]Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

(The above declaration will be posted on your profile if you click "yes"wink

[/center]

The above is what you are confronted with before you post a comment on any Muslim topic on Nairaland.

Perhaps some people can shed light on this. Every other post on Nairaland is open to discussion, but how come that Muslim related topics are not open to discussion? Isn't Nairaland about open discussion of topics? How come Muslims can comment on other people's religion and even attack Christians, atheists, and those in between, but everyone here seems to be encouraging keeping Muslim topics away from public opinion? Is it because some of these Muslim topics are simply illogical and Nairaland's Muslim cabal is afraid such positions would be shred to pieces in the court of public opinion?

Gender related matters are discussed opening, so are Christian topics and also political ones. Except Islam-related topics. Isn't this the same aversion to public scrutiny and comment that helped fuel Islamic extremism in the first place? Whereby opportunities are taken away from individuals to have their defective ideologies challenged by more liberal and human views.

If you know the real reason why Islamic topics have been condoned off from comments from non-Muslims while the same has not been done for Christianity, I will like to know. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 26, 2020
Who is allah

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by pmoye(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2020
I think he might have been someone's uncle or something.
Possiblegee:
Who is allah
Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2020
pmoye:
I think he might have been someone's uncle or something.
omo you brutal o gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by Tomiwa69(m): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2020
Cause it all trash
Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2020
Dont mind them....i noticed that also

They r selfish people...thats why they cover their women but chase christian ladies about in real life
Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by OmoOduduwa01: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2020
Me self no understand o
Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by pmoye(m): 10:44am On Jun 26, 2020
All religions are based on selfishness in the end, and they are often a means of creating a cult and enforcing exclusivity.

But what I don't understand is why a public and open forum like Nairaland would pander to the desire of some touchy Muslims to avoid publicly debating Islamic posts here. This is exactly how terrorism starts.

Any post meant to be read by the public should also allow the reader to comment. If Muslims don't want that then Nairaland can create an exclusive e-Mosque for them where only those who have been pre-registered as Muslims can view and comment on their posts. And those pre-registered as Muslims should be filtered off from accessing other religions including Christianity, Atheism, Agnosticism and so on.

EmekaBlue:
Dont mind them....i noticed that also

They r selfish people...thats why they cover their women but chase christian ladies about in real life

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by pmoye(m): 10:47am On Jun 26, 2020
I was only being honest o. I am sure if some of the founders of these religions had lived in the 21st century they might well be in institutionalized care. You need to visit psychiatric hospitals to see many who claim to be or see and hear God. Had these inmates lived in the past some of them might have been lucky to found some religions.

Possiblegee:
omo you brutal o gringringrin
Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 26, 2020
In Islam there is compulsion. Free will is not allowed. So it is understandable that you must agree to that prior to commenting. But what are you even looking for there sef?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by EmekaBlue(m): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2020
pmoye:
All religions are based on selfishness in the end, and they are often a means of creating a cult and enforcing exclusivity.

But what I don't understand is why a public and open forum like Nairaland would pander to the desire of some touchy Muslims to avoid publicly debating Islamic posts here. This is exactly how terrorism starts.

Any post meant to be read by the public should also allow the reader to comment. If Muslims don't want that then Nairaland can create an exclusive e-Mosque for them where only those who have been pre-registered as Muslims can view and comment on their posts. And those pre-registered as Muslims should be filtered off from accessing other religions including Christianity, Atheism, Agnosticism and so on.

Gbam

Seun the owner of this forum is a muslim so he is sentimental

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by pmoye(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2020
How come Muslims get to comment on other religions' posts but won't allow the same?

DominusPrime:
In Islam there is compulsion. Free will is not allowed. So it is understandable that you must agree to that prior to commenting. But what are you even looking for there sef?
Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 26, 2020
pmoye:
How come Muslims get to comment on other religions' posts but won't allow the same?

Christianity allows free will. There are grave consequences if one decides to leave islam but none for christianity. Christianity does not force you to accept it. Islam keeps you in by force.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
pmoye:
[center]Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

(The above declaration will be posted on your profile if you click "yes"wink

[/center]

The above is what you are confronted with before you post a comment on any Muslim topic on Nairaland.

Perhaps some people can shed light on this. Every other post on Nairaland is open to discussion, but how come that Muslim related topics are not open to discussion? Isn't Nairaland about open discussion of topics? How come Muslims can comment on other people's religion and even attack Christians, atheists, and those in between, but everyone here seems to be encouraging keeping Muslim topics away from public opinion? Is it because some of these Muslim topics are simply illogical and Nairaland's Muslim cabal is afraid such positions would be shred to pieces in the court of public opinion?

Gender related matters are discussed opening, so are Christian topics and also political ones. Except Islam-related topics. Isn't this the same aversion to public scrutiny and comment that helped fuel Islamic extremism in the first place? Whereby opportunities are taken away from individuals to have their defective ideologies challenged by more liberal and human views.

If you know the real reason why Islamic topics have been condoned off from comments from non-Muslims while the same has not been done for Christianity, I will like to know. Thanks.

The owner of this site is an atheist. He and the Muslims are on the same side of the divide. They are working for the same company, but in different departments. Like the Yorubas say:"who do you think the housefly will support if not the guy with a sore".

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim-related Threads Not Open To Discussion On Nairaland? by ecolime(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

The owner of this site is an atheist. He and the Muslims are on the same side of the divide. They are working for the same company, but in different departments. Like the Yorubas say:"who do you think the housefly will support if not the guy with a sore".

(1) (Reply)

Pastors Versus Prophets / My Church Recorded 114 Coronavirus Healing Testimonies – Bishop Oyedepo / Jesus Supports Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.