Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,262 members, 7,954,022 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos (10443 Views)

Tinubu’s Cabinet: Payback Time For Northern APC Governors / List Of People Shortlisted For Tinubu Cabinet - Leadership / Shettima's Cabinet As Governor Had Nigerians From All Parts Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by traihit: 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kinematics:

All you just told us here is that Tinubu's influence begins in the South West and ends in the South West.

Also you made us know that 98% of SW politicians are Tinubu's boys including some yoruba politicians from Kwara and Kogi.

Your message is clear. Tinubu is a Yoruba godfather. A regional jagaban.
Godfatherism is a thing that's enshrined in the yoruba culture, so I'm not surprised. Let him become a godfather outside yorubaland then I can take him serious.

I f you're selling a particular commodity in Yorubaland and it's counterfeit, just pray the people don't get aware. Once they're aware, rumours will spread like wildfire that your product has killed people (even if it hasn't). If you come back to market products again, no matter how good or cheap, the people won't patronise you. Yorubas are not united in terms of national politics but if a leader at the state level misbehaves, he is gone and gone forever. If Tinubu 'godfathered' some people into leadership position in Yorubaland and those people are accepted, it's because they have something to offer even if Tinubu himself is not widely accepted in Yorubaland.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by History555: 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Another consolation thread
Yesterday events pain afonjas, no b small
Sorry oh. Accept my condolences
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
cocolacec:

You can start by listing the countries the countries you have or lived outside Nigeria.
I don't understand why or how people view godfatherism as an African or blackman thing, anywhere there is leadership, there is always a superpower, this power might be the authority on seat or one that installed the authority.
Good or bad, godfatherism can never be eradicated in any society.

1 Like

Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by LukasPodolski: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
JaruJaru890:
why wount u vote shekau? What's the difference between u and shekau?
I said what I said.

I'll rather vote Shekau than an igboman, any party that fields an igboman is a no for me..but whatever is happening in South East is none of my business, I don't give a fvck.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by richie240: 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
bjdon:
I respect Tinubu, he's the only member of the 'class of 99' governors who is still very relevant in politics today (Ibori to a lesser extent is also still relevant in delta)
However he failed, like most southern politicians to broaden his power base. He has zero influence in the North and SE, and what little influence he had in Edo, he has now lost it. I simply can't see how he gets the ticket in 2023.

Lolz, don't let us talk just because we have to say something o.

*As we speak, which northern politician has influence in d east or west?
*East is even worst! Which eastern politician has influence in d east, talkess of north or west? Is it Peter obi dt PDP was so ashamed to include his pix alongside atiku in d posters for d 2019 presidential election in d north? And I hope u won't mention 'dilector' o. grin

If I were u guys, I'll pursue d biafric dream with all my efforts and leave Nigerian matter for Nigerians

cool

1 Like

Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by ruggedtimi(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
He is very good in carrying people along. ....after stealing so much from Lagos tilld date
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by orisa37: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
FlatSkull:
Aba miscreant terrorist will soon come nd start wailin any moment 4rm nw

Them nd their forefathers cannt sleep because of Jagaban

They wear the same set of teeth.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by April4th(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Jagaban is an astute businessman, you can’t take that away from him. As far as Nigerian politics is involved, he’s managed to bring in his vast experience in business into politics thereby making him a force to reckon with.

1 Like

Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by MetaPhysical: 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
FlatSkull:

grin grin

Akabueze is in same cabinet of 99. Where is he today? His people have taken their bad belle destroyed his destiny.....he is in some budget office in Abuja flipping through ledgers and binders while his mates are representing Nigeria, sipping coffee in conference rooms in London, Paris and Washington.

I cant stand onitsha bridge head touts, they are irritants!

grin
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by GMBuhari: 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
dangermouse:
U keep getting it all wrong. Politics is all about vested interests. A Tinubu "boy" to remain relevant in the current APC as structured, would have to realign him/herself with the emerging force(s) in the party. The die hard Tinibu loyalists who refuses to realign, will simply be side stepped and incapacitated. The hand writting is on the wall for all to see. This is a bad time to be percieved as a Tinubu "boy" both within and outside the party.

You don't think Tinubu has "Plants" among those who will be the emerging forces?

Hahahahahaha

One Tinubu boy brought about Dancing Senator's problem in Osun State

Dude was literally Tinubu's cousin and he was in the PDP
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by Isobug: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
It is only Greediness that will make a man to crave for power
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by dangermouse(m): 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
GMBuhari:

You don't think Tinubu has "Plants" among those who will be the emerging forces?

Hahahahahaha

One Tinubu boy brought about Dancing Senator's problem in Osun State

Dude was literally Tinubu's cousin and he was in the PDP
I knw, Lol. But apart from Lagos and maybe one or two Southwestern states, do u really think he is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to national politics?. Those hailling individuals who by all means are stiffling our democracy in the name of godatherism and by extention improvishing and denying the masses the dividends thereoff, should wake up. They dnt mean well for u n me as it is obvious they are only interested in linning thier pockets. Awolowo gave the southwest free education etc. Name one thing Tinubu has done for the region even ar a governor?
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by Saao(m): 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
Seriously, some people need to be educated. Op for the level of income generated in Lagos, can u sincerely boost of this man leadership? Bad road everywhere, flood on the island and mainland, lack of security etc.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by danilmo: 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
AntonVince:

How do you mean "...he makes people" ? Is he God?
Without Tinubu, Lagos would still have produced Governors and Ministers as these are constitutional imperatives.
The likes of Saraki and James Ibori also made people Governors, Senators, MPs, etc, That's exactly what ALL Godfathers do - install their puppets and surrogates in key positions in return for obeisance and subservience while they continue plundering our coffers.

No amount of suger-coating will make Godfatherism appealing. There's nothing glorious about it. It's evil and anti-progress.
Quit promoting Godfatherism!
#LetPowerResidewiththePeople.

let us be realistic.. can u eradicate Godfatherism in Nigeria?

are they not in church, industries, universities and other institutions??

u want to stop it in Politics?? na lie o.. without godfather people like Fashola, Ambode, sanwo-olu, yemi Osinbanjo who are mere technocrat wit no grassroot will b in there house.. politicians use godfatherism as a tool to arcbieve some aim though but u can't write the ones of tinubu off. he has produced political giant ever since. even u, will u vote for a new candidate who is nt known the godfathers builded party structure with there strength and dare devil heart, once they present candidate, the candidate becomes popular, no b jazz , na from grass root they start, even the masses ure chanting for won't vote u except a godfather present u.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by danilmo: 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
SarkinYarki:
No matter what that corrupt man will not be allowed to be president

he doesn't care about ur 1 vote bro. he has already settled ur 1 vote. Ure one of his defeated plans OK.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by 7lives: 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ojiofor:

Very soon indigenous Lagos will kick your asses out of their state.
Bode George and co has warned you already.Lagos state mustbe given back to the real owners.

Bod George ko, George Soros ni.
Baba that will so be sweep away by the Lagoon at Epe.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by 7lives: 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
LukasPodolski:

I said what I said.

I'll rather vote Shekau than an igboman, any party that fields an igboman is a no for me..but whatever is happening in South East is none of my business, I don't give a fvck.

You are like me, won nja niie keji o kan mi.
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by emezuo17: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
LukasPodolski:

shut up your mouth.

Tinubu did not force Buhari on Nigerians, 2015 election was free and fear, Nigerians voted for Buhari.

same happened in 2019, he won with over 4million votes now tell me how he forced Buhari on us? are we kids? unless you're part of Ipob brain dead people who believes in your master Atiku "Inec server"

FYI, I voted for Atiku in 2019, I was a die-hard Atiku fan untill I started spending time on NL politics section and Twitter.

right now, I'm not a party man, just Pro-Yoruba, anything that favours The Yoruba group.

and I rather vote for Shekau than an igboman, the major difference between I and an average Igbo voter is, whilst I will never vote an igboman i also don't give a fvck about your politicians, I don't even know their names, my own is just to go to the polling unit and vote against the party that field an igboman either as the president or VP.... you guys on the other hand will not only vote against a Yoruba man but have a special disdain towards our political leaders, just like the hatred towards Tinubu who has never rule any of your five states.

. And you had to insult me to make your point? Why is it difficult for some of you to be civil? Have you read any where in my post where I insulted another tribe? For your information, without the input of Tinubu, Buhari wouldn't have been president, rationalize it any how you want..peace.

1 Like

Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by Decent09(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
FlatSkull:

Gbamsology!!!

Ok let us have the list of Peter Obi's Cabinet please, where are the Ipobians

1 Like

Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by Decent09(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Badguy89:

All these things he owns, No be tax payers Money?

���
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by Yomit71(m): 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
Obidon1:
But buhari will finish his career
How far
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by APCNig: 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
Badguy89:

All these things he owns, No be tax payers Money?

No, nah tax spenders money
Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by Ballmer: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Obidafties no just gree get sense how does exposing a man verifiable antecedent become damage control ?

Why not post the Pandora criminal list of former commissioner let us know if they are dead or have failed completely.

Badguy89:
Na Damage control be dis or what? Guy tell your boss the truth, National politics is different from Local politics. You cant bully people around in a national sphere. Tinubu is a great guy, but authoritarian style can't work in the National sphere. It was obvious to the governor's he has control of the party so they had to act fast.

1 Like

Re: Look At Tinubu's Cabinet As Governor Of Lagos by Okoroawusa: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
SarkinYarki:
No matter what that corrupt man will not be allowed to be president
How market?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Don't Need And Want SS In Biafra / Lawmakers Probing Job Racketeering Are Extorting Money From Agencies - Premium T / Gunmen Raid Kwara Community, Abduct Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.