Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy (668 Views)

Please Where And Which Car Can I Get For 200k / Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Procedures To Drive In A Nigeria Registered Car To Ghana Through The Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hello guys.

I'm planning to buy a car, and ofcourse set up a beer parlor business at same time.

Now the issue is, I'll be having #1.7million by August ending, and around #3million by December ending, going by my calculations if I can stick to my budget and save well.

Now my dream car has always been a Mercedes Benz C300 from 2008-2010 model range, which goes for around #3million for the Toks from my findings so far.

However I'm really intent on opening the beer parlor biz, preferably before this year runs out.

Now I'm thinking of settling for a Naija used version of the BMW 3series 2007 model which hovers around the price range of #1.5million. This I plan to get by August ending when I'll be having around #1.7million in my account, then save towards December and open my beer parlor with the remaining #1.3million.

My people wetin una think naw?

Car gurus please give your sound advice(s) please.

Gracias.

P.S- Toyota & Jap fanboys, please keep off!
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by ShenTeh(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
Baba, get the money first.

There's a saying around counting the chicken before they are hatched.

Good luck. Good problem.

2 Likes

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by Agropride: 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
My Cent.

Biz before comfort.

Whatever you want to buy, set up your business first. From my view, I feel your village people want you to spend all that money on either Benz or BMW. For a Car newbie , your first portion should be economical, efficient and durable except you are buying a good Tokunbo or brand new BMW/Benz

1 Like

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by diportivo: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
let me drop at this busstop

and watch as op will be advised to buy toyota,or not buy car at all despite thinking about his life very well and deciding that its car he needs at first cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by soberdrunk(m): 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahhahah!!!! Baba said he wants to buy "Naija used bmw" as his first car cheesy cheesy Last last you will open mechanic shop and it's not 'swear'.......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by MrMcJay(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
Go and read up on delayed gratification. Very important and I'm serious about it. I know of someone who owned a brand new 5 series and brand new 3 Series in 2007. As at 2011, he didn't even have a Keke na pepe.

Deep down, you know what you want to do, you're just looking for arguments in support. Whatever you decide, you would reap the benefits, not us.

I were you, I would invest in my business over a Benz. I can't engage in alcohol business cos of personal reasons, but if you open a bar in a good location with opportunity for car wash with asun, pepper noodles, shawarma, barbecue with chips and peppersoup on the side, the proceeds would buy you more than a Benz.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
ShenTeh:
Baba, get the money first.

There's a saying around counting the chicken before they are hatched.

Good luck. Good problem.

Which one be good problem.

August is just aroun 1month away, I know how much I already have in my account.

Make I wait 1st make money complete, come dey do rush rush go buy rubbish ba?

Guy I no dey think like that man.

Thanks tho smiley
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Agropride:
My Cent.

Biz before comfort.

Whatever you want to buy, set up your business first. From my view, I feel your village people want you to spend all that money on either Benz or BMW. For a Car newbie , your first portion should be economical, efficient and durable except you are buying a good Tokunbo or brand new BMW/Benz

Hmmm, means you're saying I should go for the Benz be that.

Na naija mentality and peer pressure as your implicitly doing here dey make car newbies go for Japanese products.

Not all fingers are equal bro. If I can make 1.7M by August and 3M by December, be rest assured I have the financial muscle to maintain that ride. I no be borrow pose niggar...
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by MrMcJay(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
OP, let me help you blow this topic to front page for more diverse opinions.

Lalasticlala, kindly move this interesting thread to the front page for more views.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
diportivo:
let me drop at this busstop

and watch as op will be advised to buy toyota,or not buy car at all despite thinking about his life very well and deciding that its car he needs at first cheesy

You couldn't have said it any better.

I'm starting to believe most Africans, especially Nigerians are on these Japanese coys' payroll.

Enter yankee and see peeps buying beemers & benzes for their 1st ride without headache, but my Naija people go still enter yankee go they follow oyinbo talk "reliability" with their boring Camries... Car wey I fit sleep go for the steering if I dey drive am.

Suffer head ma disease walahi!

Imagine one old fool was even telling me Benz is for people who have made big money in life
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
MrMcJay:
OP, let me help you blow this topic to front page for more diverse opinions.

Lalasticlala, kindly move this interesting thread to the front page for more views.

Thanks brother, I'll be glad if he did grin
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
soberdrunk:
cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahhahah!!!! Baba said he wants to buy "Naija used bmw" as his first car cheesy cheesy Last last you will open mechanic shop and it's not 'swear'.......

Lols, na why I ask for advice be that.

But pls don't tell me to buy Toyota instead, be it toks or naija used, cos it's not an option at all.

Thanks...
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by ChineduObinna(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Well outlined
I think it'll be better to go for a 2008 C3009ja used than the BMW, cos BMW is generally considered "problematic" because of the poor jobs our roadside mechanics do on it.
Except you know a really good BMW mech. Go for the C300, though an onpoint Naija Used one maybe upto 1.9-2m, and has a better mechanic base around the country that'll do a good job for you.
PaulH07:
Hello guys.

I'm planning to buy a car, and ofcourse set up a beer parlor business at same time.

Now the issue is, I'll be having #1.7million by August ending, and around #3million by December ending, going by my calculations if I can stick to my budget and save well.

Now my dream car has always been a Mercedes Benz C300 from 2008-2010 model range, which goes for around #3million for the Toks from my findings so far.

However I'm really intent on opening the beer parlor biz, preferably before this year runs out.

Now I'm thinking of settling for a Naija used version of the BMW 3series 2007 model which hovers around the price range of #1.5million. This I plan to get by August ending when I'll be having around #1.7million in my account, then save towards December and open my beer parlor with the remaining #1.3million.

My people wetin una think naw?

Car gurus please give your sound advice(s) please.

Gracias.

P.S- Toyota & Jap fanboys, please keep off!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by diportivo: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
PaulH07:

You couldn't have said it any better.

I'm starting to believe most Africans, especially Nigerians are on these Japanese coys' payroll.

Enter yankee and see peeps buying beemers & benzes for their 1st ride without headache, but my Naija people go still enter yankee go they follow oyinbo talk "reliability" with their boring Camries... Car wey I fit sleep go for the steering if I dey drive am.

Suffer head ma disease walahi!

Imagine one old fool was even telling me Benz is for people who have made big money in life

yankee too far....ordinary SA,dem dey buy bmw like say tmr no dey grin

you are right with the bolded tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
MrMcJay:
Go and read up on delayed gratification. Very important and I'm serious about it. I know of someone who owned a brand new 5 series and brand new 3 Series in 2007. As at 2011, he didn't even have a Keke na pepe.

Deep down, you know what you want to do, you're just looking for arguments in support. Whatever you decide, you would reap the benefits, not us.

I were you, I would invest in my business over a Benz. I can't engage in alcohol business cos of personal reasons, but if you open a bar in a good location with opportunity for car wash with asun, pepper noodles, shawarma, barbecue with chips and peppersoup on the side, the proceeds would buy you more than a Benz.

This might be the best advice anyone in my life has ever given me...

But I can't use #3M to open bar naw, cos even in business, it's wise one tests the waters 1st with small cash, than pump everything into it and flop.

I really gbadun your advice oh bro, but people have also invested in businesses and still end up with keke napep too, especially in this Nigeria where recruiting honest, smart and hardworking personnel is like searching for gold.

My job and location won't afford me the chance to monitor the biz, as I'll love to open the Bar in Lagos, but I currently work in the Core North.

So you see one of the reasons I must start small?
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
ChineduObinna:
Well outlined
I think it'll be better to go for a 2008 C3009ja used than the BMW, cos BMW is generally considered "problematic" because of the poor jobs our roadside mechanics do on it.
Except you know a really good BMW mech. Go for the C300, though an onpoint Naija Used one maybe upto 1.9-2m, and has a better mechanic base around the country that'll do a good job for you.

Fantastic suggestion, even though I've actually thought about that too, and felt, if I should buy naija used benz for #2M, why don't I just save up #1M and buy the correct toks instead that'll give me peace of mind.

Well seems people are against the naija used Beema. Guess I have till December to get me a ride then undecided
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by soberdrunk(m): 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
PaulH07:

Lols, na why I ask for advice be that.

But pls don't tell me to buy Toyota instead, be it toks or naija used, cos it's not an option at all.

Thanks...

I don't think anyone is emotionally attached to Toyota or Honda, the reason many people buy it is due to the advantages over other brands, they are easy to maintain and the parts are readily available. You are buying your first and only car for now so definitely the usage will be high, you need a durable car not a fashion or class statement. If you buy a bmw and you start having 'normal' car problems, are you ready to buy expensive parts? Will you be willing to drop 100-150k for shocks? Are you willing to gamble 'Baba Bose', 'Oga Emeka', 'Morufu' etc doing guesswork to treat your baby when she's sick?
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by Dowenship(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
Incase u reach Lagos and u need a perfect ride with no issues u can beep me on WhatsApp(09017563232)
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
soberdrunk:

I don't think anyone is emotionally attached to Toyota or Honda, the reason many people buy it is due to the advantages over other brands, they are easy to maintain and the parts are readily available. You are buying your first and only car for now so definitely the usage will be high, you need a durable car not a fashion or class statement. If you buy a bmw and you start having 'normal' car problems, are you ready to buy expensive parts? Will you be willing to drop 100-150k for shocks? Are you willing to gamble 'Baba Bose', 'Oga Emeka', 'Morufu' etc doing guesswork to treat your baby when she's sick?

Then I'll go for the Toks Benz nigbayen.

Iyen tun nko

1 Like

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dowenship:
Incase u reach Lagos and u need a perfect ride with no issues u can beep me on WhatsApp(09017563232)

Noted...however wetin you think for this my matter?
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
soberdrunk:

And why do you think I'm buying a Benz as a fashion/class statement and not as a durable car?

To me Benz is far more durable than those Toys you call Toyota.

The illusion of the reverse was created by nothing but the suffering mentality and untold hardship our leaders have bastardized our psyche with, which I was obviously didn't allow to get to me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by ChineduObinna(m): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
People are against 9ja used Bma, yes, that's because roadside mechanics tend to mess up alot of these European cars. They're either used so some old model or don't fully understand the operating principle of the new model. You can imagine a "good" mechanic coming to ask for a size 12 spanner from a Peugeot mechanic undecided.

If you know a good car servicing company that can check the vehicle you want to buy, it doesn't matter weather it's Naija used or Hamburg used, you'll get a good deal. But if you're going to base on your wits and the seller's word, you're taking a risk.
PaulH07:

Fantastic suggestion, even though I've actually thought about that too, and felt, if I should buy naija used benz for #2M, why don't I just save up #1M and buy the correct toks instead that'll give me peace of mind.

Well seems people are against the naija used Beema. Guess I have till December to get me a ride then undecided
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by PaulH07: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
ChineduObinna:
People are against 9ja used Bma, yes, that's because roadside mechanics tend to mess up alot of these European cars. They're either used so some old model or don't fully understand the operating principle of the new model. You can imagine a "good" mechanic coming to ask for a size 12 spanner from a Peugeot mechanic undecided.

If you know a good car servicing company that can check the vehicle you want to buy, it doesn't matter weather it's Naija used or Hamburg used, you'll get a good deal. But if you're going to base on your wits and the seller's word, you're taking a risk.

Wise words bro.

Wise words...
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by Kizmilz(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
Dowenship:

Nice, me I need Toyota Corolla for Uber 2006/2007, how much I fit get better one?
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by Dowenship(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kizmilz:

Nice, me I need Toyota Corolla for Uber 2006/2007, how much I fit get better one?
buzz me I av one already
Re: Need A Cogent And Convincing Advice on Which Car to Buy by vicardino(m): 8:57am On Jun 29, 2020
PaulH07:

Wise words bro.

Wise words...

I have a 2008 C350 Sport going for 3.1m last price bro

(1) (Reply)

2007 Toyota Corolla For Sale / Registered 2009 Toyota Camry XLE @ 1.9m / Honda Accord 03 Reg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.